To anyone who gets salty over pre-game warmup shenanigans

Please stop. Remove that stick from your rear end and just have some fun for once.

I'm getting really sick and tired of people getting upset over what happens during warmup even though it doesn't affect their stats at all. Everyone should know by now that warmup is basically a mess where people goof around for a few seconds. It's rarely an indicator of how the match is actually going to go. People usually quit screwing around and start taking the game seriously once warmup is over and the match begins proper.

Except there always has to be that guy who has to get butt hurt and vengeful over some playful trolling. Had a round where the first thing this player did was empty his M249 into me as soon as the round started because I killed him a few times with the shotgun during warmup (Which again doesn't matter because those deaths don't count against him and I stopped the TKing shenanigans as soon as the match started proper). FFS, people, have a sense of humor. Stop taking everything so personally all the time...

In fact, just get rid of pre-game warmup. With the number of times matches have devolved into childish bickering and back-and-forth team killing just because of some crap that happened during warmup that doesn't f*cking matter, it's just not worth it. I don't know what's happened to this community. It's nothing but trolls and people rage quitting now.

So right after I read this, I played a game of coop and some punk ass did exactly this. I killed him in the pregame lobby and right when we spawned he proceeded to fill me with lead. It was actually the first time it ever happened to me so I was mildly shook. After a quick revenge TK on my part (I made sure it was before a long defense lol) my guy calmed down.

last edited by thehappybub

And here I thought I was alone....ty for this post.

Consider the following: he would not of killed you if you didn't kill him in the first place.

last edited by Slazenger

Deactivate weapons and motion capability in this phase. Problem solved.

It's annoying when you just wanna run around and some idiot tks you.

Whats the fun in teamkilling in pre game again?

It's annoying and the reason I just tab out of the game. Just like in csgo. Pure annoyance.

@slazenger said in To anyone who gets salty over pre-game warmup shenanigans:

Consider the following: he would not of killed you if you didn't kill him in the first place.

But what does it matter if it doesn't count toward score or anything? There's literally a countdown indicating the game hasn't started. There's no kind of fault in people who kill others in the lobby, because its intended to work that way.

@thehappybub It's insulting being shot in the head pre-game.

@slazenger but it doesn't matter, so why are people insulted by it? If anyone's ever played fps games with lobbies they should understand the distiction. Especially when they respawn immediately. What's actually insulting is getting killed once the match has actually started...

@thehappybub said in To anyone who gets salty over pre-game warmup shenanigans:

@slazenger but it doesn't matter, so why are people insulted by it? If anyone's ever played fps games with lobbies they should understand the distiction. Especially when they respawn immediately. What's actually insulting is getting killed once the match has actually started...

exactly
get this attitude alot. the realisation thats its just warm up fuckery and just a laugh seems to go over most players heads

unfortunately how dare you say "fun" as this is a real tactical sim to most as far as attitude goes, dont even get me started on the salty 14 year old crap that alot seem to spout ingame too. this seems to be alot more apparent in sandstorm

@Benz and @Slazenger You salty

It's a game mechanic. It's there to let people waste each other without it counting towards score. It's the 1 time throughout my day i can try to kill my buddy before he kills me. We always hop in together, choose our class as fast as possible, then try to waste each other. It makes it fun. Unfortunately, people like @Benz and @Slazenger have to take it personally. People like @Benz and @Slazenger are the reason we have to sit here explaining the logic of the game mechanic. People like @Benz and @Slazenger will never have fun in life because they have a victim mentality.

IF the devs want to "FIX" this, either make all TK damage bounce back at the person doing the firing, or simply make your teammates invincible. making them invincible, would allow people to still practice their cqb skills pre-match, without detracting from the enjoyment of people like @Benz and @Slazenger who simply want to run around and explore.

PS: @Benz and @Slazenger .....I'm calling you out. Grow up.

EDIT: I play under the in-game name MORTY. US West. I encourage you to come find me and watch as i slay you pre-game. However, you WONT find me shooting you once the round starts. That's called mutual respect. It's something i have for other players.

last edited by lordsiggi

I don't foresee the most positive results coming out of this thread. People calling others salty is only going to promote nonconstructive behavior. Therefore, I'm going to close this.