Feedback for the moderators of this forum

how have the mods not shut this down yet, nothing good can come from shit talking mods.

Stop saying Benz never insulted anybody, even if he never explicitly said something like "your a dumb arse", he sure did have a way for voicing his opinions in a "harsh" way.

The mod's would have had their reasons for banning him, you can't just look at something and make assumptions and start kicking and screaming about it. This kind of things happens with police officers all lot, people record things and don't see the context behind it and it goes viral online and cops get killed because of it. God knows what Benz did in the end to get banned, he was given a warning in the TTK thread and obviously he stepped over the line again and he was consequently punished. God knows what he did has it will have been thoroughly deleted by now.

@jensiii said in Feedback for the moderators of this forum:

A moderator made a false accusation a day ago: he blamed @Benz for saying something he didn't say.

You telling me Benz didn't say:
@Benz said in We want the one hit kills.:

everyone with 2 braincells can see how flawed your logic is...

Im not on the discord, but I feel like @Benz's ban was probably related to something that happened there. Maybe he and that mod had beef or something. I don't know.

Either way, what happens on discord should not affect decisions made on a different platform. A person could be say, banned from the discord but not from these forums... I don't see why you need to like remove the person from the community entirely.

@zucchini said in Feedback for the moderators of this forum:

even if he never explicitly

Lmao our point exactly.

Saying things like "mods have their reasons" or "why are you shittalking mods" (which is not happening here, we're simply saying the mod's decision was uncalled for) or "he obviously crossed a line" are just such puerile arguments.

There's no violations other than what people "feel".

Questioning an authority is such a basic philosophical concept. Ever since the age of reason I thought questioning decisions and not giving single people absolute judge, jury, executioner power was like ... common sense.

I understand forums aren't anything super important but there still has to be some amount of levelheadedness, due process, and justifiability to actions like bans.

Mods shouldn't deal out bans just because someone is being kind of annoying. We're simply calling out whoever banned @Benz and saying that we think it was a bad call.

last edited by thehappybub

@zucchini

No I didn't say that. If you had read my post properly, you would've understood that this was said:

everyone with 2 braincells can see how flawed your logic is...

And this mods response:

telling someone they have two brain cells in an insult.

Like if Benz had said "slazenger you have two brain cells". Which is completely false, anyone with two brain cells can see that. Have I now offended the person called "anyone"?

Benz also was correct (logic is flawed) because slazenger tends to answer withouth logic and also completes ignores/denies reasoning and logic in other peoples answers without providing counters. Oops, do I get banned for this? I just called someone illogical.

Btw. none of Benz's post were deleted after that incident... so it indicates they were proper and it looks like nothing happened and there was no reason to ban.

@thehappybub said in Feedback for the moderators of this forum:

even if he never explicitly

Lmao our point exactly.

He certainly wasn't nice about it though. The smart comments... you see how it pissed people off.

A person could be say, banned from the discord but not from these forums... I don't see why you need to like remove the person from the community entirely.

He was warned, he knew what would happen if he stepped out of line. It like a cop saying, "if you reach of that gun I'll shoot you" and you reaching for the gun and then complaining about getting shot. however, I hope he wasn't banned from the game that would be mean.

if he stepped out of line

But what line? The line is defined and he didn't cross it! He wasn't insulting anyone, he wasn't using expletives, he wasn't being discriminatory, etc, etc ... things that are actually defined as crossing the line.

@Captain-Price, Sorry to pull you into this. They don't get it, and they are ripping you guys apart.

@zucchini

nothing good can come from shit talking mods

Who is 'shit talking mods'? Because I'm certainly not. @jensiii or @thehappybub isn't either. Enough with these false statements please.

He certainly wasn't nice about it though

Did you just concede the debate? Sounds like it, you had a point then it was disproved, then called in the mods as your last card. Classic. This is exactly what happen with Benz. People starting hating on Benz because they got their feelings hurt when Benz challenged the discussion so they called in the mods for backup. That's exactly what is happening again now with us. No one here is breaking the rules, being toxic, aggressive, offensive or anything or that nature, yet you call in the mods, like we are the bad guys and have done something wrong? Unbelievable.

and they are ripping you guys apart.

Who is ripping who apart? We aren't ripping anyone apart, just please stop with these false statements.

But what line? The line is defined and he didn't cross it! He wasn't insulting anyone, he wasn't using expletives, he wasn't being discriminatory, etc, etc ... things that are actually defined as crossing the line.

Exactly.

@jensiii Explained the thing about the 2 braincells perfectly. It's not an insult directed at anyone specifically on this forum, which equates to 'not an insult'.

Hi everyone,

Benz was removed from these forums for flamebaiting. The latest issue that I warned him about was just one of the many times that he was warned to reign in the tone of his posts.

@jarple I think you need to look into more of his post history man because what you ripped out isn't the whole picture

man, shit discussing like this genuinely gives you a headache wondering why you're partaking in this

@DerpyDays I read the entire thread and every single one of Benz's words. I quoted a few because if I was to quote and defend every sentence of Benz's, the post would be of been huge and that's unrealistic even you got to admit that.

You're really going to state that I don't know what I'm talking about, even though I was the first person to seek reasoning for Benz's ban and bring up this whole thing? Okay, what a statement.

@DerpyDays I part-take in this because It's a matter of principal.

matter of principal? this thread is likely to derail into it's own hivemind and genuinely become a waste of time.

what's the point of partaking in this when you're going no where

shit like this makes me tend to avoid threads and forums in general. one hivemind/circlejerk that eventually leads nowhere

@DerpyDays Seems like you don't stand by any principals. When you see the principals you stand by being disregarded in the actions of others, you step in. That's what I did with Benz's situation.

Alrighty, I'm going to lock the thread - it's descending into attacks on each other.