Vehicle Presentation - Introducing the K-8400 Skidder!

Eh, I wasted my time scrolling through probably all the videos about AW and no one has used the blade. Did devs tell youtubers not to show blade in action or what? Eh, maybe it doesnt work at all and thats why.. I would ask a moderator about this, but he will not answer.

Of course is not work like u want to... remember pavels last words...game is finish...
No way that there will be any change to game at self...

After first hours playing AW I can say the blade is totally useless crap! Why is it in the game with controls when I’ve can’t move anything?
Disappointing.

@adxalf the only usage i see - to anchor the skidder and winch loaded truck, heavily stuck or flipped. But it may happen to be useful in the middle of huge swamp without trees, i dont remember being in such places and troubles

So far. This is the only vehical that isn't as weak as a sick kitten 😕 very very disappointing, especially when you look at irl footage of the same trucks in similar situations, they preform leagues better then they do in game, I can understand the normal road trucks, but the western star XD, at the most basic is stronger then what we get in game. I use to drive a western star 6900xd dump truck. The yard ( where trucks are parked ) was a soupy slimy nasty mess when it rained. My star never had a issue, I'm complaining but its not because the dlc is bad, it's more I've seen these trucks in action, and have driven the ws, I feel like it's been dialed back horribly just to keep "challenge" and yes I said in the western star vehicle presentation that I looked it up, that's cuse I never knew they were that customisable lol the dump truck belonged to the rock quarry.

So the blade does not work, does not push the mud. Just like in the mods. DLC not worth the money, I can buy when the price drops to 1 euro👎🏻

@stazco said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing the K-8400 Skidder!:

And took away these safety frames.
alt text

Those are limb risers. They shove limbs up and over the cab

@knight25 said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing the K-8400 Skidder!:

So the blade does not work, does not push the mud. Just like in the mods. DLC not worth the money, I can buy when the price drops to 1 euro👎🏻

The blade does work. I've staged trees with it and pushed some down which is what it's really for. And pushed some rocks. In real life they just skim the top of the ground basically just to knock the center down on ruts to keep the belly pan from dragging Idk about the mud in the game but it's not a dozer

@peter-griffin
Looks like you are right...but there are many foreigners here, we got less than a half from that you've told, sorry...we use simple english here))

@stazco said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing the K-8400 Skidder!:

@peter-griffin
we got less than a half from that you've told, sorry

We? Maybe you. It´s totally clear

Best thing is that the headlights go off when you control the blade and overall the blade is very useless.

And skidder definitely needs normal rear lights, like devs done for k700 AFTER community request. You cant scavenge at night without normal rear beam.

Many trucks and trailers needs rear lights, even the new crane has no light!

last edited by adxalf

Yeah when using advanced mode lights goes off.

@zamal said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing the K-8400 Skidder!:

I think its this one with modified Cab and added Exhaust on its right side

alt text

BINGO!!!!
Zamal, great job!!
Its an IRUM TAF 2012 G, skidder from the French manufacturer Irum.
alt text

Its our boy!!) Sorry, John Deere

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.