Vehicle Presentation - Introducing the K-8400 Skidder!

@ewgenij84
I believe you are right.
JD 540-640 skidder.
This time they decided to play with model number too, since usa lawyers are more dangerous than russian (ural, uaz, zil (rip), kamaz), Ukrainian (kraz, luaz, zaz) and Belarusian (maz, mkzt).
(So many "z"...its "zavod", plant. A - automobile, other letters - location of zavod, or name of lenin in zil, both dead already...we didnt use fantasy when naming vehicles)))

And took away these safety frames.
alt text

last edited by Stazco

@stazco Nope, it's not based on that one either 😉

@iyagovos we wrote the same time.
I see, not 8400d.
But its 540/640)
Response in not necessary, keep safety)

@ewgenij84 said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing the K-8400 Skidder!:

https://goo.gl/images/P9qTcR

Should be that one

Yeah it's hard to tell but i'd be more inclined to believe it's articulated like a loader instead of having steering wheels like a tractor.

https://goo.gl/images/rcd9Go

@ewgenij84 maybe, there is lots of similar versions but not like 100% same looking, but then again this is not licenced so they might have done some modifications to front grill and cab

I think its this one with modified Cab and added Exhaust on its right side

alt text

I always wonder when it's one week until release, are the developers still working on the game or are they just chilling and waiting for the day to come

@digidi last 2-3 months is basically DEVs polishing things and perfecting every corner of that cake while marketing team advertising it. lol chilling? u serious.. work thats put in last 1-2 weeks is probably equivalent of 4-5 month.

nobody is chilling man 🤣 🤣 🤣

last edited by zamal

@digidi said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing the K-8400 Skidder!:

I always wonder when it's one week until release, are the developers still working on the game or are they just chilling and waiting for the day to come

AW is 100% complete since we already have this 1gb update. So i believe they dont work on AW at all now. They have a lot of things to do with MR2 and other titles maybe.
So I agree with Zamal, no one is chilling, its a hard IT job, you can die on it...its not like you've changed the oils on customers vehicles and after 6 pm forgot about this shit and just chilling...they work even at home, even at night, "pushing buttons, clicking mouses"
I respect it, after job we all can chill with that they deliver)))

last edited by Stazco

@stazco hey! thanks for the empathy! haha. I work on IT services, so... pretty much appreciated.

I'm wondering if we will get a demo of the blade at work before the dlc launches or will we have to wait 2 days? Lol I'm impatient and super excited for the new dlc.

@kingnightshadow Same here. I watched several American wilds videos and nobody used a blade. It's very strange. I hope devs really improved the physics of the ground because really Skidder is the only vehicle for which I am willing to buy AW but only if the blade works as it should. Sorry, but ordinary trucks and pickups are boring, and there are plenty of them in Steam Workshop.

I suspect the blade is just for show, the larger branches are actually attached to the ground and pivot at the point where they attach. I remember reading it's like that because having them loose caused issues where they would get pushed by the truck's wheels, rather than just driving over it.

I've also attempted to move mud with a blade on a mod and it really doesn't work. So it will only work if they've made a lot of changes to the mud and branches, which I think is unlikely.

@malcolm_tucker said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing the K-8400 Skidder!:

I suspect the blade is just for show, the larger branches are actually attached to the ground and pivot at the point where they attach. I remember reading it's like that because having them loose caused issues where they would get pushed by the truck's wheels, rather than just driving over it.

I've also attempted to move mud with a blade on a mod and it really doesn't work. So it will only work if they've made a lot of changes to the mud and branches, which I think is unlikely.

I belive thats the case too.

@bluebirde I was hoping that the plow would really work, unlike ones from mods. Eh, I wonder what the truth is. I would love to be able to create my own roads and that the changes on the map I made did not disappear with time and after leaving the game 😕

From what I gather it can clear small limbs and rocks as well as flatten out mud but I doubt we will be able to make new paths. Maybe improve the ground for the non all wheel drive trucks, and I'm most excited for the western star. That truck is a beast irl

last edited by kingnightshadow

@bluebirde I saw a vid where they pushed some trees around, but it was removed