Bring @Benz Back

As brought up by @jensiii here: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/31089/feedback-for-the-moderators-of-this-forum/4

@Benz, an active member of the forums has apparently been banned. The posts after which he was beaned are here:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/29335/we-want-the-one-hit-kills/197

I don't see any reason for the mods taking such a drastic action unless it was a misunderstanding. @Benz, imo does come off sharper than most people, but he just seems like he's passionate about SS to me. He doesn't insult people anymore than everyone else does. He isn't racist or straight up ad hominem attacking people, he just disputes arguments. Yea he might call an argument stupid, illogical, or tell someone to "get gud" but does that really constitute a ban?

I think banning @Benz from these forums was a mistake that should be reevaluated. He's a valuable member of our little community here, and even if you don't agree with him, you must appreciate that having someone counter your arguments is just as important as someone agreeing with you.

last edited by thehappybub

Just sent a DM to James. We'll see what happens from here.

#BringBenzBack #BBB #B3 #FreeBenz #UnBanBenz

last edited by Jarple

-insults someone
-receives warning from mod
-specifically told warning won’t be argued any further
-continues to argue over warning
-banned

last edited by Tooth Decay

@tooth-decay said in Bring @Benz Back:

-insults someone
-receives warning from mod
-specifically told warning won’t be argued any further
-continues to argue over warning
-banned

Precisely my point... how is that a logical chain of events?

Does disputing an accusation mean you get banned?

The mod thought he had insulted someone, Benz did not understand how it was an insult, so why would he not question the mod?

Why mom? Because I said so... that's basically what happened here.

Do you get like a double sentence when you appeal something in court?

Furthermore...
(1) Why would the mod not dm him and tell him to stop if he had a problem and resolve in dms?

(2) Benz was banned after only one warning, he didn't even repeat the action he was warned about he simply disputed the warning... the mod mentioned something on discord, but since when does stuff carry over platforms?

@tooth-decay if you are talking about the same thread I linked in my other thread, it was the mod who made a mistake. @Benz was right to correct that on the spefic thread. But that just might be too much for the moderators pride 🙂

So your list, when corrected, goes as:

• argues intensively
  • mod reads incorrectly and gives a warning for no reason
  • mods mistake is called out
  • discussion continues properly
  • gets banned later

Btw, your list shows how you decipher text wrong in your mind.

last edited by jensiii

@thehappybub Disputing a warning is perfectly okay, and is not what got Benz removed from these forums.

Benz was toxic. I’ve read a ton of his comments and all it ever was, was cathedral ceilings and everyone is bad at the game and wrong and these are “facts” because he said it and he’s better than everyone and no one has any arguments against him because he’s always right even if someone gave him an argument. Good riddance!

God knows I am not the nicest person on these boards, but as far as the rest of you all goes when I read a post that makes me wonder who wrote such a toxic post I look it up and until this point it was usually Benz's (even the topics I didn't participate in :D). I would say to such degree that it was probably destructive for many discussions.

last edited by Snuffeldjuret

good riddance!! He was one of the reasons I was giving up discussing stuff on this forum. I legit couldn't tell if he was trolling or being serious

last edited by A Former User

@iyagovos said in Bring @Benz Back:

@thehappybub Disputing a warning is perfectly okay, and is not what got Benz removed from these forums.

It would be nice to know what exactly did get him removed? I suppose there's no need to not make it very clear for everyone.

@planetcanada said in Bring @Benz Back:

Benz was toxic. I’ve read a ton of his comments and all it ever was, was cathedral ceilings and everyone is bad at the game and wrong and these are “facts” because he said it and he’s better than everyone and no one has any arguments against him because he’s always right even if someone gave him an argument. Good riddance!

He was giving arguments from the viewpoint of making the game more competitive (NOTE: I don't necessarily agree that I would like the game to be a competitive game). He had valid points for that point of view. Most of the people who "argued" with him could not counter his arguments in any way and "got their feelings hurt" by feeling inferior. Whenever someone actually gave proper, real arguments, instead of blind denial, @benz tried to counter in a proper way. I learned a lot from reading his arguments.

He always said that he accepts if someone prefers something just because the person likes it. But that's not argumenting about if something is better for a certain gameplay reason.

@jensiii Right because telling me I’m obviously awful at the game because my k/d ratio isn’t amazing and I can’t aim because I pointed out that there are obvious issues with the hit reg are some seriously valid points.. Please get off Benz dick or don’t I really don’t care but either way I’ve heard enough from you and read enough of your one sided Benz loving comments as well.. It’s not a matter of hurt feelings the guy trolls TTK threads only and doesn’t offer any real value to the game just scared they may actually lower TTK? Sad either way I’m sure they won’t so no need to worry and no need to comment as I will not comment to you anymore just as I did with Benz.. Give your head a shake.. Move along please..

all it ever was, was cathedral ceilings and everyone is bad at the game and wrong and these are “facts” because he said it and he’s better than everyone and no one has any arguments against him because he’s always right

I still fail to understand how this is toxic though... sounds like some people don't like him and that's why he got banned.

Alright, so after a DM on Discord James said this:

"Hi there,

I appreciate the feedback, but the decision was made not because of the actual content of his posts, but due to the nature of them, which were always to rile up the people he was conversing with. This ban comes after multiple warnings, both on Discord and the forums."

I sent another message to em already but he didn't intentionally rile people up. He just got pissed when people make their arguments as to why something should or shouldn't change without providing any facts as to why. Think Ben Shapiro lmao. That guy can roast anyone.

The issue with this is that not that many people gave him an argument to begin with lmao. He's never said this about himself literally ever. You'd have to quote it for me to believe you on this one.

It's pretty easy to win an argument when your opponent doesn't have an argument.

@tuliottr said in Bring @Benz Back:

good riddance!! He was one of the reasons I was giving up discussing stuff on this forum. I legit couldn't tell if he was trolling or being serious

I mean, if you had a legitimately good argument, then you could actually defend it. I'm not letting "one guy" prevent me from discussing shit. Ironically, other people on this forum have made me want to give up on life more than Benz.
@jensiii said in Bring @Benz Back:

@iyagovos said in Bring @Benz Back:

It would be nice to know what exactly did get him removed? I suppose there's no need to not make it very clear for everyone.

Honestly, the message I ended up getting from James was cryptic at best and had no examples of what he was talking about.

@jensiii said in Bring @Benz Back:

He was giving arguments from the viewpoint of making the game more competitive (NOTE: I don't necessarily agree that I would like the game to be a competitive game). He had valid points for that point of view. Most of the people who "argued" with him could not counter his arguments in any way and "got their feelings hurt" by feeling inferior. Whenever someone actually gave proper, real arguments, instead of blind denial, @benz tried to counter in a proper way. I learned a lot from reading his arguments.

He always said that he accepts if someone prefers something just because the person likes it. But that's not argumenting about if something is better for a certain gameplay reason.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Benz is probably going for the Competitive viewpoint because that's what NWI is actually trying to do as far as I know.

I'm convinced that everyone that hates Benz just can't defend a proper argument and then they just get pissed off and cry for mods. I'm just actually surprised James decided to ban him since he never did anything banworthy. Shit, he never even directly insulted anyone. Possibly indirectly, but from some of the shit I've seen on this forum how is Benz the guy hit with the ban hammer?

@jensiii Right because telling me I’m obviously awful at the game because my k/d ratio isn’t amazing and I can’t aim because I pointed out that there are obvious issues with the hit reg are some seriously valid points...

To be fair, the lack of a player's ability to aim was one of the reasons armor got nerfed when the hitreg was fixed. He probably just told you you can't aim because I have zero hitreg problems nowadays. I don't think hitreg is an issue, and if you do think it's an issue you'd have to post video evidence of it or else we really can't help you at all.

@thehappybub said in Bring @Benz Back:

I still fail to understand how this is toxic though... sounds like some people don't like him and that's why he got banned.

Yup. He got kicked because people didn't like what he had to say.

last edited by MarksmanMax

Reminder that I provided plenty of facts in my argument and backed them all up with examples, of which none he disproved.
You can also launch Insurgency2014 and Sandstorm and confirm it for yourself
Shameful to see you keep defending him tbqh.

To conclude:

With a low TTK 1 shot 1 kill:
Positioning is more important
Aiming is more important
Teamplay is more important

@marksmanmax Ya they banned him for no reason! You people defending him are delusional and blind I don’t have to quote or prove shit it’s all there go read it and if you can’t see what the mods clearly saw once again blind and delusional. Have a nice night! And yet another thread I will abandon. Like talking to brick walls.

@slazenger I don't think this thread is meant to address the TTK debate, we're just talking about @Benz and the specifics of his ban.

I swear, there was this once Benz was like " REEEEEEEEE I WILL GIVE 100 EUROS TO SEOMEONE THAT CAN PROVE ME WRONG REEEEEE LOL SKRUBS SEE NO ONE CAN REEEEEE"

But was there really a time he said this? Even if these were his exact words, I still fail to understand why that constitutes banning him from the forums.

Let me also make clear that it seems @Benz was banned permanently, not like temporarily or anything like that. It wasn't punishment, it was simply a complete removal of him and his presence.

it’s all there go read it

and we are reading it, and there isn't anything that's specifically ban-worthy in our appraisal.

@marksmanmax said in Bring @Benz Back:

the decision was made not because of the actual content of his posts, but due to the nature of them

So first off, I don't know if I like that you posted the contents of a DM for everyone @MarksmanMax unless the other person agreed to it. I feel like the nature of DMs is that it's between the people in the DM. Nonetheless, if this was actually James' reply, this is all I need to say that @Benz's ban was unjustified.

Giving out a ban due to a general "nature" of a person's posts without any quotable, specific violations is just not a reason. As some person mentioned earlier, the "nature" of someone's post is solely based on how you read into it. Some people say things like Benz was "shouting" … like how do you know he was shouting if he barely wrote anything in all caps. You're simply reading into it. The way people read a post isn't a reason to permanently ban someone.

Finally, it pains me to see other people on the forums doing much more abrasive things and getting met with zilch when @Benz is getting the ultimate forum punishment for something vague and subjective. Here's just a few examples recently, one of which is straight up racist, the other a direct insult to @planetcanada :

@falcor said in teams:

It is dam boring having to wait for a game selection and it turns out to be RAGHEADS!!!!!!!!!
I didn't buy this game expecting to have to ever be on the side of oppression and it is beginning to REALLY PISS ME OFF me off!!!!!!!!!!

@fattmedic said in We don't want the one hit kills.:

@planetcanada Your not in the loop because you are a toxic idiot that cant spell worsd lol

@fattmedic said in We don't want the one hit kills.:

@planetcanada Hahaha course you'd fall for it... Idiot remains an idiot!

how much of a cunt do you have to be to actually get to this level in a forum discussion about games?

Mods please, ban this user. Legit just used a highly offensive expletive! I'm offended. It was used in the exact same way that Benz got banned.