Bring @Benz Back

@tuliottr said in Bring @Benz Back:

how much of a cunt do you have to be to actually get to this level in a forum discussion about games?

yea honestly, if you're having a problem with @Benz and saying things like this … it's just the peak of hypocrisy.

@planetcanada said in Bring @Benz Back:

delusional and blind

Sounds similar to how Benz pointed out how someone's logic was flawed and even they don't know it.

@planetcanada said in Bring @Benz Back:

Like talking to brick walls

Further solidifies my point.

I'm offended. The nature of this post is offensive.

last edited by Jarple

But permanent ban... like really? Some people need to read Crime and Punishment. We're supposed to be enforcing standards (which I guess have some real blurry lines) and punishing pro rata with the misconduct (and I assume mods have other tools than a perma ban lol).

Even if a mod came to the conclusion that Benz flamebaited, why don't they crack down on direct insults and racism, super-recent examples of which I included a few on the previous page... … I'd say statements that warrant more severe repercussions than a flamebait.

I am not sure if you are serious or not, but I apologize if I offended you.

Thanks. Its super hard to offend me lol, I was just trying to illustrate a point. Those kinds of lines are pretty standard when people get passionate. I don't think flamebaiting should be held to such seriousness as direct insults, racism, or spams, etc

I agree with you that this type of arguing shouldnt be a bannable offense

I just think the mod should reconsider, it was an overreaction. The mod should especially reconsider a permanent ban.

last edited by thehappybub

@marksmanmax said in Bring @Benz Back:
Honestly, the message I ended up getting from James was cryptic at best and had no examples of what he was talking about.

If this permanent ban was done correctly, it should be very easy for the mods to pin point in laser accuracy exactly why. Now it's too vague. "Flamebaiting" has been the "best" answer so far. That's waaaaaay to vague for a permaban. I will come back to this later with another post.

The line has to be clear, otherwise bans will can not be objective. And if bans are not objective, it's always because someone didn't like a person. And that's wrong, unless you want to dictate the conversation on your forums. Of course the owner of the forum can do whatever he wants, but there are consequences.

@marksmanmax said in Bring @Benz Back:
Shit, he never even directly insulted anyone.

Yep! And someone just told me in this thread that I have Benz cock up my ass and that I should get it off there. This might have also implied that I would be a homosexual. Hmm....

Benz never said anything even remotely close to that.

This ban is wrong.

NOTE: My thread got locked because people who opposed my feedback came to the thread and started shitstorm. How convenient. Mods shouldn't have locked that thread, because not a single person who is on my side about that feedback never said anything that should result in locked thread. But of course locking that thread is very convenient for some people.

@thehappybub said in Bring @Benz Back:
Even if a mod came to the conclusion that Benz flamebaited, why don't they crack down on direct insults and racism, super-recent examples of which I included a few on the previous page... … I'd say statements that warrant more severe repercussions than a flamebait.

THIS

I just think the mod should reconsider, it was an overreaction. The mod should especially reconsider a permanent ban.

Definately an overreaction. They either will have to cancel the ban or ban a whole lot of other people as well to justify it.

last edited by jensiii

I'm talking about a banned user that is not even in the discussion anymore, it wasnt aimed at anyone participating in this discussion

HOW IS THAT ANY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT BENZ SAID!?...

@benz said in We want the one hit kills.:

because everyone with 2 braincells can see how flawed your logic is

Actually there is a difference! Benz did't use a highly offensive expletive unlike tuliottr.

Both are directed at people not even in this forum and no one 'participating in this discussion' to put it your way. They are both more of a generalization in order to exaggerate and stretch the descriptive nature of what your talking about.

@jensiii 'Flame-baiting' (which was the ban reason stated) isn't even in the Community Rules. It actually comes under 'Trolling', but Benz wasn't banned for 'Trolling'.

In support of jensiii's statements about a 'clear line' and 'ban objectivity', this is why we follow principals, due process and procedure so all this doesn't need to take place.

last edited by Jarple

@TulioTTR You can make your points in much more constructive ways than you are here. Do not talk like this again. Final warning.

@thehappybub We will always warn and then ban direct insults and racism. The mod team is small, and things can be missed, but if you see something breaking the rules of these forums, please flag them and we will deal with them.

I'm going to lock this thread now. The decision is final. If you'd like to discuss further, please PM me.

last edited by Iyagovos