Insurgency: Sandstorm Development Update 11/10/2018

0_1539266438952_Insurgency_Sandstorm_screen.jpg

Hi all, I'm happy to be able to share with you a post written by New World Interactive on what to expect for future updates, and what the team are currently working on.

Hi everyone my name is Jon Higgins, and I am the Marketing and Communications Director here at New World Interactive. It’s been a little while since we last spoke about the development state of Insurgency: Sandstorm, and we’d like to take this opportunity to update our fans on what our team have been working on.

With the PC launch moving to December 12th, our team took a fresh look at the feedback you had provided during the course of the Beta and evaluated what our top priorities should be given the additional development and testing time. This includes optimisation, improving the quality of character models and animations, refining gameplay, fixing experience and immersion breaking bugs, along with giving the game a stronger degree of polish in general. The new date will also provide us additional time to test and implement our planned community features such as third party dedicated server support and the ability for players to launch custom configured games using our server infrastructure.

You may have noticed that updates are not happening as frequently as they were before. This is partly due to our decision to upgrade from Unreal Engine 4.19 to Unreal Engine 4.20 (a significant upgrade to the core game engine which should provide important development benefits going forward), and partly due to us implementing larger gameplay and level changes which require extra testing. After the next update, you can expect more frequent patches and updates leading up to release.

Our next update is planned for the end of October and we aim to include the following:

• Migration to Unreal Engine 4.20
  • A new urban map called ‘Precinct’
  • Community dedicated servers and an improved server browser.
  • Improvements to the low-quality scope option.
  • A new tattoo cosmetic option, with more varieties to come.
  • Additional Anti-Aliasing and graphics options
  • Improved character models and animations, including caching of cosmetic items to increase performance, higher quality textures, and proportion adjustments. We will be making further improvements to characters after this update as well.
  • Numerous gameplay tweaks to movement speed, weapon mechanics, armour, fire support, map layouts, and hundreds of bug fixes and improvements.

In addition to the above changes, we have also been thinking about how we can reward players who pre-ordered the game and helped provide crucial feedback during this extended beta testing period. Although player profiles will be reset before launch, we have decided that Beta testers will be rewarded with an exclusive tattoo cosmetic along with additional cosmetic appearance credits at launch. We will be releasing more information about this carryover and how to claim closer to launch. Be sure to keep an eye on our official accounts for details.

As always, your feedback and support are invaluable to our team. We’d like to thank each and every one of you who have joined the incredible number of players participating in this pre-order period and look forward to joining you on the battlefield in the next update!

last edited by Iyagovos

And Thanks For all your hard work Guys and For being such a great dev team who realy care about and listening to the community
Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you for the update! Looking forward to dedicated servers the most.

Its good to hear from you guys! Thank you for dropping a line about your progress! I love the game so far and looking forward to more!

PS - gimme my RPK already!!!

About dedicated servers. Will there be trusted serveproviders, aka, solid gamingcommunities, that can host a serverpark of varied gamemodes? Or dedicated servers that are rented from providers to communities or even private persons?
In any case, will there ever be given out serverfiles, like in the old days to large and trusted communities?

@iyagovos
Could you maybe change the thread title to read “October 11, 2018”

As it reads now is a bit misleading for those that use mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy

Not a huge deal, but it irks me 😄

@eyeofhorus

I can just see you talking through your teeth while smiling like that emote.....all the while....blood boiling within.

"A new tattoo cosmetic option, with more varieties to come."

Well, I suppose it is groundbreaking developments like these that bring us one ill-optimized game after the other. I honestly couldn't care less about character customization as long as the game is broken like this.

Having said that, I want to say now how grateful I am that you are still down-to-reality and postponed the game. I still have faith in your ability to make Insurgency great again!

last edited by banani2804

Keep up the good work I hope this game will be the shooter of the year for me right now it is the shooter of the year

Can we have a date for this update ? End of october is not very precise. I have buy, insurgency standsotrm, day one and i can't play correctly with her freeze in action. I wait this update with a very biggest impatience.

I would absolutely love to see vote to kick put back in the team killing is getting out of hand I just got out of a game where I was the only one playing obj and not tking

@iyagovos Any chance we might get an actual date for the patch soon so I can plan accordingly? 🤣. Would be greatly appreciated!

Oh gee, I am so looking forward to all these new weapon skins and tattoo customization!
#whoneedsperformance