Blood Angels campaign is unplayable on PS4.

So whenever I try to start a campaign for the blood angels I get to the step where it tells you to move forward in first person mode by pushing up on the left stick and pressing X. The arrows will light up when I push the corresponding direction, however pressing X does nothing.
I don’t know if everyone is having this problem but I have seen others comment on it.

Community Manager

Hey there,

Would it be possible for you to video this for us?

Youtube Video

Here is a video of the problem. I don't have a camera to show my controller at the same time, just know that I am doing what the screen says. And as you can see at the end of the video I pause the game and exit the pause menu to show that the controller is responding to me pressing the X button, just not to move.

I note in your video that it doesn't prompt you to press X.

Are you certain everyone is deployed and you're not cycling between the Marines before you've completed the deployment phase?

You have a fireteam that you should be able to cycle through on the left hand side using your triggers if it works the same as XBox.

Double check this. It's unlikely that it's a Sony Playstation fault because if it was, everyone on the PS4 would be highlighting it.

So after further investigation, it seems that the problem may be that for the tutorial portion, you are only able to use the buttons the game tells you to use and none of the others are functional for that step. And for some reason O is the button used to accept and X is cancel, however the game is telling me to us X to accept and does not allow O to function. I can play a skirmish match and using O everything works fine. I just cannot get past this step in the tutorial, which makes the campaign unplayable for me.

If the default control style is for X to be accept, then the issue may be because my PS4 is from Japan and the system controls are O is accept. However in my experience, that only matters when not in game and on the system menus.

Also a lesser problem I am having is that if I make a roster in skirmish I cannot type anything in to name my squad.

Same issue here. And I also use a Japanese PS4 with the EU version of the game.

@azrael008uk said in Blood Angels campaign is unplayable on PS4.:

I note in your video that it doesn't prompt you to press X.

Are you certain everyone is deployed and you're not cycling between the Marines before you've completed the deployment phase?

You have a fireteam that you should be able to cycle through on the left hand side using your triggers if it works the same as XBox.

Double check this. It's unlikely that it's a Sony Playstation fault because if it was, everyone on the PS4 would be highlighting it.

This happens during the very first mission of the campaign. It's the third step of the tutorial, so no cycling between marines or anything else. All the buttons are unresponsive except for the right and left sticks. Only possible action is to pause the game and quit.

I can confirm this, too.

If you have a Japanese ps4 you cannot play the campaign as the X button won't work in the early stages of the tutorial. There is no workaround and changing buttons through the accessibility menu doesn't work.

I really regret buying this game now as I bought it for the single player campaign.

I don't predict a fix so I feel I just wasted my money which makes me extremely wary of buying any more games from Focus Interactive.

Please fix this and restore my faith. Let us skip the tutorial or unlock the X and O for that segment of the tutorial.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.