[Questions] About character customization

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I must admit that I do not know whether there is even a point in putting forward suggestions or not, but one who does not shoot, can never hit.

Anyway, I just purchased this game and it looks very promising to me. I enjoy the gunplay, I like the weapons you can choose from and to me it seems this game is generally heading into the right direction.

However, I do have to admit that the customization, as it is right now (I am fully aware release is still two months out) is kinda... lacking. Characters themselves do not look very good in this game, they tend to feel skinny and the facial textures aren't exactly... good, either.

My questions are fairly straight forward:

1. Will character customization be expanded upon?
    *Will there be more vests to choose from in the future, so that you can perhaps choose what light armor and what heavy armor you'd want?
    *Will they add a backwards cap? I always feel an urge to go full Dusty (MoH fanboys will know)
  2. Will characters overall get an upgrade in terms of textures, etc?
    *Will they upgrade facial hair to be better looking?
  3. Will you be able to rotate your character while customizing it so you can get a proper view of what you're changing?

I hope these answers will be answered shortly, hopefully these questions have not been asked a million times before... again, I am new 🙂

@Dekkers
Backwards caps are already in for Security (it’s called “Too Cool”). Don’t know that vests and armor will be customizable, but it’s a possibility. In general, customization will be expanded upon, as expressed in the latest development update.

I’m pretty sure that they also said they are working on character textures in the update. They’ve been working on facial hair for a while, it’s already a little better than it used to be.

They haven’t specifically said that you’ll be able to rotate you character, but I think that it would be a natural quality of life feature for them to add at some point.

Hope this answers most of your questions, feel free to ask any more you have.

@eyeofhorus said in [Questions] About character customization:

@Dekkers
Backwards caps are already in for Security (it’s called “Too Cool”). Don’t know that vests and armor will be customizable, but it’s a possibility. In general, customization will be expanded upon, as expressed in the latest development update.

I’m pretty sure that they also said they are working on character textures in the update. They’ve been working on facial hair for a while, it’s already a little better than it used to be.

They haven’t specifically said that you’ll be able to rotate you character, but I think that it would be a natural quality of life feature for them to add at some point.

Hope this answers most of your questions, feel free to ask any more you have.

Cheers for the answer, sounds promising!

Surprised people want customizable vests. Back in my day (closed technical alpha) there was a bug that allowed security to wear a grey shirt. It was a total tk fest until they fixed it. Personally I’m glad New World left the vests alone so that they would be a clear indication of teams. Really don’t want this to turn into RS2.

@tooth-decay said in [Questions] About character customization:

Surprised people want customizable vests. Back in my day (closed technical alpha) there was a bug that allowed security to wear a grey shirt. It was a total tk fest until they fixed it. Personally I’m glad New World left the vests alone so that they would be a clear indication of teams. Really don’t want this to turn into RS2.

Define customizable vest

I would just prefer a few more options, like a plate carrier vest (light) or perhaps something like the ciras tac-vest (heavy).

You can always still keep the factions different by making sure they have different head pieces, different colours and perhaps gameplay wise by making the names on friendly players a tiny bit brighter

We'll see what the devs decide tho

last edited by Dekkers