For the record, I only play Co-op.
i've got 481 hrs on INS2, and 187 on Sandstorm as of this writing.
I think that there needs to be discourse on a subject that many seem to be glossing over. There's what we believe the base game should be, and then there's everything that can be modded into it. I see a lot of posts in this General Feedback forum that could easily be addressed by mods, and shouldnt necessarily take up precious hours of the devs' time.
Battle royal modes(gross), unlimited points/weight, instant fire support arrival....these things can all be modded. I'd like to start this thread, to keep a running tally of two categories. What we think needs to be fixed/adjusted for the base game, and issues that modders can take on. Hopefully this could also help the devs prioritize more efficiently, if they realize that certain issues being brought up are better left to the modding community, and they don't need to worry about certain things.
Base Game mechanics:
- Bot accuracy and detection while on technicals
- Faster fire support arrival
- Delete preset button
- Friendly fire toggle
- Crystal clear aimpoints
- AI that detects faster, yet takes longer to fire.
- Less lateral movement speed/acceleration value.
- Arriving in an active warzone with your weapon ALREADY LOADED.
- Helicopters not being made out of paper.
- Missing respawn wave
- Voting on team & map for co-op games
- If player 1 = actively rigging cache, and cache receives damage from player 2, player 2 receives that damage
- Vote Kick mechanic
- Asymmetrical melee damage (bots kill in 1 hit. takes 3 from me)
Mods to build off of established mechanics:
- "Hold 1 objective for as long as you can" mode
- Instant fire support arrival
- Unlimited weapon points/weight
- Scopes and weapon sights (custom sprites, flippable scopes, etc)
- Muzzle flashes not being as bright.
- Bullet damage (higher or lower TTK)
- Revive Mechanic
- Custom weapon ports (everything from 35 angry bots)
- Custom ammo types
- Custom fire support effects
This is the list i can think up as of now. I'll update this list with every post so that it's in one easily readable and accessible place. I hope this post helps.
ALSO.....If someone (maybe even the devs) could point me in the right direction as to which software to learn to mod the scripting and such, i'd love to get going so i can start making these mods myself.