In Chat box, enter key reload

I use enter key to reload ( yes, yes, I play with arrows keys sorry, but I like it ), and when I'm writing in chat box and press the enter key to send a message, then I reload my weapom, but it is not necessary to do it.

Hey Chory !
I play all my FPS and 3rd Person shooter games with arrow keys too 😉
Never got used to W A S D keys since 1998 😃

Did you ever think about binding the reload function to the Del ( delete ) key ?
I have chat on F12 and the Return button without any binding, so it works good for me.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning You guys use the arrows? That’s crazy haha do you use your left hand still? I think I remember using the arrows back in the doom and duke nukem days but hey what ever works right just curious how you use them? There has to be some people out there that use the mouse with their left hand no? Lol

😃
Yeah i also started with Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake and Unreal Tournament and kept the arrow key moving until today.
It´s very easy to handle with the left hand.
The little space between the arrow keys and the surrounding keys allows me to to keep my focus on the screen and never on the keyboard.
I am sure that you can do that too with W A S D too ( as some keyboards even have different rubber surface on those buttons ) but i never tried to switch as i feel comfortable with the arrows.
Sure when i have to type something in chat i have to lean a litle left while typing, but hey, since Voice over IP has been integrated into almost any FPS or 3rd Person Shooter it´s less to type and easier to communicate.

Also using the Razer naga Mouse with 6 programmable sidebuttons ( thump buttons ) makes leaning and other keybinds easy and quickly accessible.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning If I've thought about it, but these things only happen to me in Sandstorm, in no other game does anything similar to what happens to me happen in this, not even in the Insurgency.

@planetcanada What do you want me to do, I got used to this way of playing, I feel comfortable, why am I going to change it. I have everything I need at my fingertips, I have keys to the right, left and top. I access the keys 8, i, k, space and all that is on your right, plus the arrows, plus 9 of the numeric key, plus 6 scroll, a total of 45 keys, I think it's not so bad.

And I also use Google translator, because my English is not too good. :face_with_stuck-out_tongue_winking_eye:

@chory Haha right on well good for you guys! Glad you can play regardless of how you do it! Game on!!