How to move axles positions?

Hey guys. As you can see from the photos below, my axles on my new rock crawler do not match up and fit on the wheels. I have yet to find a way to move just the axle. I have tried a multitude of things (like moving the bone in 3ds max, or changing the Y position in the .xml) Any help will be gladly accepted. 1_1539816470046_xlesmess.PNG 0_1539816470016_xlesmess(1).PNG

Truck code (wheel section)

<_templates Include="trucks">
<Wheel>
<RearWheel
ConnectedToHandbrake="true"
HardpointOffsetY="0.008"
SuspensionMin="-0.43"
SuspensionStrength="0.005"
Torque="full"
Type="TASS"
/>
<FrontWheel
HardpointOffsetY="-0.18"
SteeringAngle="30"
SteeringCastor="1"
SuspensionMin="-0.43"
SuspensionStrength="0.004"
ConnectedToHandbrake="true"
Torque="default"
Type="TASS"
ParentFrame="BoneCabin_cdt"
/>
</Wheel>
</_templates>
<Truck>
<Wheels
HardpointDefaultY="0.1"
HardpointDefaultZ="0.85"
>
<Wheel _template="FrontWheel" HardpointX="1.95" />
<Wheel _template="FrontWheel" HardpointX="1.95" RightSide="true" />
<Wheel _template="RearWheel" HardpointX="-1.75" HardpointZ="0.85" />
<Wheel
_template="RearWheel"
HardpointX="-1.75"
HardpointZ="0.85"
RightSide="true"
>
</Wheel>
</Wheels>

this happens allot to me when i edit the meshes and forget to apply pose as rest pose, i belive its called reset Xform in max, im not sure, but thats the fix @RiskyWisky
also inc ase you dont have it,

<TruckData>
	<Axles>
		<Axle Frame="F" />
		<Axle Frame="R" />
	</Axles>
</TruckData>

Ok i have this... @Forces is this what you are talking about

<Axles>
		<Axle Frame="Bone001" />
		<Axle Frame="Bone002" />
	</Axles>

@Forces i've reseted the x-form on all of the axles (2) on the truck, yet i still cannot make the axle move into the tire slot.

@riskywisky I had the same problem, mine got fixed when I changed the position of the bones, set them at the same height of the middle of your tires

@wrangmog so just move the postition in 3ds max or unskin em and move em and reskin em?

I have a similar problem

0_1539916632041_20181018232727_1.jpg image url)
with the fixed suspension
0_1539916688148_20181018232952_1.jpg
setting the suspension in the xml file is like this in the game, I already changed several height but never stays with the wheels, but move with them
0_1539916968821_rural1.jpg
how do I make the suspencao frame move along with the suspencao1 and suspencao2?

@Aureliovr That willis is awesome man,

Like i said its reset xform i think thats how its called, stetson said it in his tutorial a while ago

basically you need to reset your bones because your mesh has been edited, and iit will only move to the right place once you have it reset (same happens in blender with Dzen plugins)

@forces thank you, I have already been able to hit the shaft together with the wheel, but it is not fully connected, if only one wheel lifts the axle is stopped, if the two front wheels lift there the axle lifts together

0_1539921069972_rural2.jpg

How does the shaft move along with the chassis, type the shaft to make the damper, some configuration or hierarchy? in the game car the spring beam moves together with the axle

do you have this code?
i guess you do since it moves right

<Axles>
<Axle Frame="Bone001" />
<Axle Frame="Bone002" />
</Axles>

@forces
<Axles>
<Axle Frame="BoneAxleFront" LeftWheel="0" RightWheel="1" />
<Axle Frame="BoneAxleRear" LeftWheel="2" RightWheel="3" />
</Axles>

look at my 3ds image, see if it's correct

0_1539922389345_20181019005808_1.jpg

see how it stays in the game, the axis moves but not correctly

last edited by Aureliovr

@riskywisky sorry for my late response, but yeah, unskin them, move them to the center of your wheel (from the side view, don't move them completely to the center) and reskin them,
I don't know if this fixes it, but I had the same problem with my portal axles, had the bones in the axle tube, but that way my wheels where at the same height as the axle tube, so I moved the bones down to match the center of the wheels and they where at the perfect height.

Hope it helps.

Yea all i had to do was unskin everything skinned to the bone and move the bone to the center of the axle, cause my bone was just a little bit higher than the axle which made a big difference

thanks guys

@aureliovr said in How to move axles positions?:

I have a similar problem

0_1539916632041_20181018232727_1.jpg image url)
with the fixed suspension
0_1539916688148_20181018232952_1.jpg
setting the suspension in the xml file is like this in the game, I already changed several height but never stays with the wheels, but move with them
0_1539916968821_rural1.jpg
how do I make the suspencao frame move along with the suspencao1 and suspencao2?

Why do you have almost everything in groups? Obviously nothing is going to work if it is in groups, you have to use the collapse selected button where you reset the x-form, because 3ds max groups dont work well with the game, and that is why your stuff ain't workin

It's all descirbed in stetson's video so you might wanna check that out... he goes into detail on all of the coding, how to do it, and in addition, what to do and what not to do. Also, make sure that every single bone is as long as the axle (even the middle bone / chassis bone) Idk if it does anything but i've always done it.

EDIT: Also it seems that you do not have your axles skinned, it just seems like they are grouped in the bone's structure. Try moving the bone up and down in 3ds max and tell me if it does anything. If it does, than it is a code error that you need to fix. If it is not moving, however, then you need to reskin (or even skin) the axles and all of the suspension again. Going on to youtube and checkin' out stetson's tutorials will help you in the long run man

BTW how a bone works is that the bone is the parent (and that is the name for it) and the axle or suspension skinned to it, is the child. Whatever happens to the parent (the bone) happens to the child (suspension or axle)

last edited by RiskyWisky

@riskywisky glad it worked, haven't worked on a mod since months.

@riskywisky So, I was not aware of the bone, so after seeing some videos about it I started to do it, everything was going well until this error appears in the image below, I can not solve it, I've done it several times but it does not look good

0_1540051685949_rural3.jpg

Are you talking about that messed up joint?