Beta Tests and Release Date

https://www.pcgamer.com/battlefleet-gothic-armada-2-release-date-and-beta-tests-announced/

Game is out January 24th.

First Beta is apparently out in December, and runs for a week.

So as not to clutter up the first message with personal bias, anyone else think it's weird they're waiting until December to do the first Beta? If there's going to be multiple Betas, that doesn't exactly leave a lot of space for a couple Betas and then to iron out any issues that pop up during those Betas...

@romeo Its still possible. But I'm dubious as to what use they'll be with such a short time for change.

@romeo public betas are supposed to be spotless frankly, people will refund and post bad review with only so much a a couple hour of beta testing

public beta are more like early access/stress test, everything on display exempt for balance has to be spotless these days

the closed beta is more for bug spotting and listing the issues

last edited by devilman2197

@devilman2197 said in Beta Tests and Release Date:

@romeo public betas are supposed to be spotless frankly, people will refund and post bad review with only so much a a couple hour of beta testing

public beta are more like early access/stress test, everything on display exempt for balance has to be spotless these days

Here's me pressing X about your statement.

@devilman2197 said in Beta Tests and Release Date:

I don't disagree, this shouldn't be a bug-riddled mess like an alpha build. But if the community finds an unstoppable exploit, or notices a huge balance issue, or we find out that certain hardware doesn't play nice with the game, we're only leaving ourselves a month and a half to correct it on the first round of Betas, or half a month in the second round.

Seems kinda pointless even calling it a Beta with those windows. Why not just call it a preview build or something?

ugo on the steam forum wrote that there will be a closed beta in november.

@fosil This was hinted at earlier, hopefully that counts as confirmation.

@caliger_reborn They did say the december one was supposed to be the pre order beta after all, and I think that was the one that was supposed to go last.

The really unfortunate thing is that the next beta seems to be for pre-orders only. As someone who participated in the closed beta, and wasn't overly impressed, i'm really not interested in purchasing the game without getting another look at it.

Especially how lackluster the gameplay in the first game ended up.

@otterz i do think that the first beta should be for those that purchased the first game...

@otterz Another waste of a beta slot, simply looking to get a free tech demo.

@otterz Why are you complaining the next beta is pre-order only (which, as far as I can tell, is incorrect) if you don't like the game?

Jesus man, can a brother just get a chance to test the damn game?

@lkhero said in Beta Tests and Release Date:

The first beta will take place in early December and is focused on multiplayer and balance. All 12 factions, the full multiplayer progression system, custom games, plus 2v2, 1v1, and versus AI will be available to everyone who pre-orders before or during this week-long event.

yes, in December

@Otterz: you can refund a steam pre-order any time prior to the release. so you can get another look without losing any money, if you don't want to keep the game.

I don't know why some people have a problem with wanting to have a demo before purchasing a game. on another note, it is imo a bad idea to play test your sequel only by people who played/liked the predecessor.

last edited by Fosil

@lkhero said in Beta Tests and Release Date:

Well, if you guys would behave a bit more friendly maybe you would. AFK, waiting for the email...

@lkhero There is a confirmed test in early December and possibly one in late November that you'll get to play if you pre-ordered.

last edited by CALiGeR_Reborn

@hjalfnar_hgv lol. I certainly hope these devs changed over the last couple of years. Historically, they only responded well to people who suck up to them 😉 By the way you responded, I think it's pretty clear which side of the fence you're on.

All I'm saying is, if they can't handle criticism now, wait until the beta comes out and people get a chance to experience 12 different factions when the balance was atrocious in the first game. This is the precursor to the heat that's 100% sure to come.

I don't think there is a single thing that I said about the balance in the first game that wasn't addressed in the patches they released after vanilla, and maybe they fixed in the second game. The difference is that I voiced most of those opinions when the first game was in beta. If you solely base your decisions based off of "friendly" tone on the internet and not player skill, reason, logic, and experience, then you're not very good at your job.

Like I said before, I turned a new leaf in the sense that I'll start off the same as BFG:A. But if it turns out that the devs are not going to give a shit like they did the first time around, I'm just going to drop everything and find a new game. It's not worth my time. I've tried helping before, even to the extreme, and it's only backfired, so I'm not walking down that road again.

@caliger_reborn said in Beta Tests and Release Date:

@lkhero There is a confirmed test in early December and possibly one in late November that you'll get to play if you pre-ordered.

Dang. I will be traveling during that time and won't be on my good computer, so I don't think I'll be able to stream until after 12/5. Looking forward to it though, hoping for the best.

If the game is in shambles, I can start by blaming you guys right? 😃

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.