Door kick kills person behind

@gsg_9_lightning said in Door kick kills person behind:

Yeah i understand you, but as long as you know that the door could kill you : Don´t stand/Crouch/prone there !
The door Kick-breaching has been integrated by the developers as a new feature and i think they will not take it out just because some players don´t like the one-hit-kill of the door.
I doubt that they even will change the door-kill just into a temporary blurred vision effect or something like that.
So, just avoid the area in front of doors 😉

They can remove death by door and keep the cool kick the door in feature.

What is missing from the discussion, from what I have seen, is the situation where two players both go for kicking down the same door. The one who press the key first is the victor, which seem highly undeserved. This is a major issue game theory wise.

@snuffeldjuret I mean, in that scenario I'd back up and just light the door with bullets.

Also, if neither person kicks the door you could also shoot the hinges out and take the door down that way.

Door instakill's do need fixing.

It feels like a comedy game mechanic.

Well, sure. Although I was thinking more of when you don't know there is an enemy on the other side.

Well, I wouldn't want doors to insta-kill per-say, but I don't want to door to just not move and them not get hurt at all. If the door stops swinging when it hits someone and they take damage that would be good in my book.

@boo-the-goo-pc said in Door kick kills person behind:

Door instakill's do need fixing.

It feels like a comedy game mechanic.

I mean, Sandstorm isn't exactly a milsim. Hell, Insurgency's had loads of memes from the beginning lmao.

I mean there is an achievement for it, so its part of the game

@jballou said in Door kick kills person behind:

If a knife kill isn't instant, a door shouldn't be either.

That's a fair fuckin point. But lets be honest...are we talking an actual knife hit or just a gun bump? (because who ever actually takes out their knife, lol)

@amurka I do sometimes lol and have gotten several kills with the knife. That being said I have also sliced people before and they did not die. I have also on two separate occasions sliced a person from behind twice (2 separate slicing animations with blood spray) and they didn’t die so it’s hard to say where exactly you need to slice a person for it to be a OHK as most of the times I have killed someone with the knife it was a OHK. Maybe they were already hurt? Don’t know for sure.. I’m not saying that all knife hits should be a OHK but I do feel if it’s from behind it should be I personally would like a very small and quick animation showing that you maybe slight their throat? Hence the OHK. Just my opinion.

The problem with not killing a person behind a door is that they can block it but then I guess you can wallbang the guy on the other side unless it's a steel door

Agreed, instadying is not a good mechanic for the game.

@jexla At least half, if not more, of deaths are already instantaneous lmao.

@planetcanada Melee does damage based off of hit location and armor (if applicable). Melee does more damage from the back though. Hitting someone in the face with a melee attack is a one-shot.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@marksmanmax said in Door kick kills person behind:

Good one. Great banter, you know what I mean... Some people...

@jexla said in Door kick kills person behind:

@marksmanmax said in Door kick kills person behind:

Good one. Great banter, you know what I mean... Some people...

Yeah, and your argument was...

Agreed, instadying is not a good mechanic for the game.

Why? That's literally Ins2014 in one sentence.

Wholey shit..... I'm talking about dying from doors, you know, the topic of the thread...

Wholey shit..... I'm talking about dying from doors, you know, the topic of the thread...

As I've said a bit earlier, I think the mechanic is fine. It's just hilarious whenever someone dies to a door.

Sure, it's not realistic, but the game isn't a milsim, anyway. There are other ways to breach doors at range.

My argument isn't that it's not realistic, although that is true. I don't feel dying to a door instantly is a good game mechanic. I understand from your previous post and now your newest one where you felt the need to re-share your opinion that you disagree. That is fine.

@jexla I can see why it would be a frustrating mechanic. I don't think I've ever actually died to a door kick myself, but if I did I would probably ragequit lmao.

What's kind of dumb, though, is how bulletproof doors seem to be for some reason.

I've not quite put in enough hours to notice the reduced damage through doors. Might be worth testing.