Door kick kills person behind

So as the title suggests, what I find weird is that if someone kicks the door in and there's a person on the other side of the door, that results in an instant kill.
I mean let's be fair here, that wouldn't kill an infant child, let alone a fully adrenaline rushed, 100 kg soldier. Please fix that.
As an alternative I can suggest that it could trigger the person behind the door to immediately go into prone position, like the door was kicked on him.

Are you serious ?
You really want this funny feature to be taken out of the game ?

I enjoy it every time i get one of those bots by this breaching technique.

You don´t believe that you would be knocked off your feet by getting hit directly on your head by a heavy wooden door, try it yourself at home but don´t blame me if you get a severe head or even brain injury. I would even say if you wear a protective helmet ( like the security forces in this game ) you still could get your neck broken and paraplegic. So NO please DON´T try it at home.NEVER ! 😉

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

bro an infant would get obliterated by that door

@gsg_9_lightning said in Door kick kills person behind:

Are you serious ?

Yes. It’s stupidly unrealistic. If you were to kick in a door, it would not swing open with much force. Say you do kick in the door with enough force to make it fly open, at most the person on the other side would receive, maybe, a broken nose. A door is not heavy enough to cause “severe head or even brain injury”, especially when it’s not even going to hit you in the head, but rather, the nose, hands, chest, or feet.

I also feel it would be appropriate to add to this thread the whole being able to kill someone by hitting them with two grenades. A grenade is not a baseball, you cannot kill someone that easily just by throwing them at them. I mean come on, when they stone someone to death in Saudi Arabia, do they ever just throw five rocks and be done with it?

last edited by Tooth Decay
  1. It would not swing open with much force?
    Go to your door, grab the door with one hand and swing it open as hard as you can and catch it with your other hand, quite some force, eh?
    It swings open basically with as much force you put in it. so you basicall kick into somebody's head.
    trained soldier=much force+bodyweight.

2. not heavy enough to cause injury?
    by that logic a baseball bat isn't either, but it still is dangerous when you swing it. yes, the doors in the game are only a basic single panel door but they're still hard enough to transfer the force through them.

It might not "kill" you, yes, but might knock you unconscious and thus out of the game.

Oh, and it's just awesome to kick in doors with my Insurgent with sandals on. Hitting somebody, AND getting hit myself is so stupidly funny i love it. just like it's from a classic cartoon.

last edited by GrabbinPeels1

i also think an insta kill is unrealistic. I'd like to see it changed to a stagger or getting knocked onto your back

If a knife kill isn't instant, a door shouldn't be either.

Or, add a tiny melee door as an unlockable 1 hit kill weapon.

@jballou Knife is an instant kill along with all other melee attacks (like weapon bashes / punches). You just gotta hit em in the face.

For the knives bodyshots on unarmored targets one-shots too, and I know melee damage from behind is increased from what I've tested.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@tooth-decay said in Door kick kills person behind:

Yes. It’s stupidly unrealistic.

Do you know when NWI said Sandstorm was a milsim? Last time I checked, I'm pretty sure it's not.

I mean come on, when they stone someone to death in Saudi Arabia, do they ever just throw five rocks and be done with it?

There's a few minor differences between hitting a guy with a grenade and stoning someone to death. Also, do you have video evidence of grenades two-shotting players with impacts? I've never seen that happen in SS before.

Not sure why you're bringing up Saudi Arabia in an intentionally-vague-fictional-combat setting, either.

@grabbinpeels1 When you take the door off its hinges in the game, it comes down with little momentum. It is not nearly enough to injure someone.

Now do I have to spell out basic physics for you? While a baseball bat is lighter, its speed gives it much more inertia. Your example of taking a swing at someone with a bat isn't exactly fair, because when you do that, you continue to exert a lot of force on the bat when you hit your target. A more fair example would be if you threw a baseball bat at someone.

Now I want you to picture you running at someone while holding a large wooden board in front of you. Is it going to kill you or knock that person unconscious? No. That's ridiculous. It can definitely hurt, and knock you off your feet, but you would have to be very, very unlucky for it to seriously injure them. That example is pretty much the maximum of what it would be like to get hit by a door like that. Really it wouldn't be as bad, since you aren't putting in as much weight when you take down a door.

last edited by Tooth Decay

@marksmanmax said in Door kick kills person behind:

Do you know when NWI said Sandstorm was a milsim? Last time I checked, I'm pretty sure it's not.

Just because it's not a milsim doesn't make it okay if the game looks like Overwatch. While the pacing is faster, elements like damage model, weapon handling, and player movements should all be pretty realistic. Allowing players to get kills by kicking in a door undermines those realistic elements.

And no, I do not have footage of killing people with the impact of a grenade. If you really don't believe me, then start a local game against bots, hit the minus sign to open up the console, disable bots (it just freezes them), and run up to one and throw grenades at it.

Lmao was kinda pissed at first when it happened but the recap made me laugh! https://we.tl/b-JSxYQwLPpw

Just because it's not a milsim doesn't make it okay if the game looks like Overwatch.

I literally never said anything about SS looking like Overwatch. I'm not even sure why you're bringing it up anyway.

While the pacing is faster, elements like damage model, weapon handling, and player movements should all be pretty realistic. Allowing players to get kills by kicking in a door undermines those realistic elements.

To an extent, yes. At some point, though, realism starts making the game less fun instead of more fun, and that's where the more arcade-y mechanics come in. It still has to be balanced at the end of the day.

Realistically, the AKM should kick up far harder, the SCAR-H should do much more damage, the pistols should be considerably shittier against armor, two frags don't just blow up a fucking truck, etc. Realism doesn't always improve the game (That being said, recoil in general should just be increased IMO; SCAR-H also needs a damage buff pretty bad).

And no, I do not have footage of killing people with the impact of a grenade. If you really don't believe me, then start a local game against bots, hit the minus sign to open up the console, disable bots (it just freezes them), and run up to one and throw grenades at it.

I do know how, although it kinda undermines your argument a bit when you ask me to get the proof to back up your argument. It would be better to record it yourself and then I can check it if anything fishy happened or something.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@marksmanmax said in Door kick kills person behind:

I literally never said anything about SS looking like Overwatch. I'm not even sure why you're bringing it up anyway.

My point is that Insurgency has its identity as realistic, and it should stay that way. If the game were to somehow end up looking like Overwatch, saying that it's not supposed to be mil-sim wouldn't justify the game's loss of identity, and just make you sound dumb.

To an extent, yes. At some point, though, realism starts making the game less fun instead of more fun, and that's where the more arcade-y mechanics come in. It still has to be balanced at the end of the day.

Realistically, the AKM should kick up far harder, the SCAR-H should do much more damage, the pistols should be considerably shittier against armor, two frags don't just blow up a fucking truck, etc. Realism doesn't always improve the game (That being said, recoil in general should just be increased IMO; SCAR-H also needs a damage buff pretty bad).

And I agree with that. As a game meant to have pretty realistic components, I do hope that in a future patch they increase the recoil (at least get rid of the recoil reduction when crouching) and make it so two frag grenades don't blow up a truck. That's how it was in the previous Insurgency (minus the truck, of course). Does that mean we shouldn't push for better realism because the game lacks realism in certain areas?

I do know how, although it kinda undermines your argument a bit when you ask me to get the proof to back up your argument. It would be better to record it yourself and then I can check it if anything fishy happened or something.

Look, I'm not going to edit a video, figure out where to upload it to, and figure out how to upload it just to prove to you that two grenade impacts can kill someone in Sandstorm. I am completely unfamiliar with creating content. All you have to do is do what I described, it literally takes two minutes the next time you go to play Sandstorm.

from a realistic stand point, it seems stupid. If the door is heavy, you won't get much speed on it and thus not do much damage. If the door is light you will get much speed but still do little damage. I am disappointed it is like this in the game. First slide now this, is this a cartoon?

@gsg_9_lightning said in Door kick kills person behind:

Are you serious ?

I enjoy it every time i get one of those bots by this breaching technique.

"Funny" feels like bullshit when you're on the receiving end. Not everyone plays with bots, you know. It's just stupid that doors deal more damage than bullets.

last edited by cyoce

@cyoce

"Funny" feels like bullshit when you're on the receiving end. Not everyone plays with bots, you know. It's just stupid that doors deal more damage than bullets.

Yeah i understand you, but as long as you know that the door could kill you : Don´t stand/Crouch/prone there !
The door Kick-breaching has been integrated by the developers as a new feature and i think they will not take it out just because some players don´t like the one-hit-kill of the door.
I doubt that they even will change the door-kill just into a temporary blurred vision effect or something like that.
So, just avoid the area in front of doors 😉

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

Anyone get punched in the head before? Well when you take a nasty punch on the button you see tiny little flashes, sort of like white lights; and you get a bit dizzy. Something like that for a moment or two, that impairs the vision and disorients would work for me.

Or even better, the guy getting hit by the door could just explode.

I personally love the mechanic, though I do understand the frustrations that come with it. I'd like to note that your amount of success with injuring people with a door has a lot to do with your method. If you just punch it, then yeah, you get nothing done. Doors can still be quite dangerous. However I think that the seeming lack of bolt/latch on doors in game is less than satisfactory, although I admit adding that would mess with the way things worked too much. Overall however, my biggest complaint with this feature is that sometimes, when kicking it in from a sprint, it will punch the door 20,394,820 times and spawn the particles for it, absolutely wrecking my frame-rate.

Edit: Another note I have is that when you "die", your character doesn't necessarily die right away, meaning being "killed" from being K.O.ed by a door makes sense in the game's mechanics.

last edited by Ryuu Turner

On another note, has anyone dismembered an enemy corpse by close the door on it?