Side lights [SOLVED]

@wrangmog maybe you're tweaking the wrong tag line
this is the one for the ground reflections
</ModelAttachments>
<!---this one--><HeadLight _template="Default" Pos="(2.163;1.587; 0)" ParentFrame="Cabin_cdt" />
<GameData BalancePoints="1" LogPoints="1">

Thanks for the help everybody, it turns out that if you have everything in the modelattachments, you still need a <headlight> tag outside of the modelattachments, but you can only use it ones. Thats why it didn't work the first time, because I had three different <headlight> tags with as first one the one for the normal lights pointing forwards. After changing this:

<ModelAttachments>
	<HeadLight>
		<Flare
			ParentFrame="Cbone"
			Pos="(-1.04; 1.595; -0.774)"
			Size="0.25"
			SizeAtDay="0.25"
			Color="g(255; 255; 255) x 2"
			Dir="(0.082; -0.667; -0.74)"
			DirAngle="100"
		/>
		<Model
			ParentFrame="Cbone"
			Org="(-1.04; 1.595; -0.774)"
			Size="0.25"
			SizeAtDay="0.25"
			Mesh="env/light_ray"
		/>

into this:

<ModelAttachments>
             <HeadLight>
		<Flare
			ParentFrame="Cbone"
			Size="0.25"
			SizeAtDay="0.25"
			DirAngle="100"
		/>
		<Model
			ParentFrame="Cbone"
			Org="(-1.04; 1.595; -0.774)"
			Size="0.25"
			SizeAtDay="0.25"
			Mesh="env/light_ray"
		/>
		<Light
			Size="0.25"
			AttenEnd="40"
			InnerCone="0"
			OuterCone="100"
		/>

it worked, here is a picture of it:
0_1516821665541_20180124201548_1.jpg

last edited by wrangmog

That's very kool man might have to do that on one of ours , well done.

nice, well worth the effort for sure.

@SmarOneNine @8up-local, thanks guys, does one of you know how to setup working steering parts in 3ds max???

nope sorry i am not a builder, but Smar might be able to help.

@wrangmog
Idea...
If you add the <Light> sections for your side lights to the <Headlight> section, does it still only give you forward facing lights, or would it make your side lights switch on with the headlights?

@Mexican_420 sorry, I forgot a line in my explanation of how to get it to work, it is under headlights already and they turn on when you turn on your headlights

@wrangmog you need 3 cdt and 3 bones one for each hub and 1 for the connecting rod between the two. Parented like this : dead bone>>axle bone front>>(hub L/R cdt >>hub mesh/ steering rack cdt>> steering rod mesh). They need nested inside the axle bone hierarchy...

@DrGoNzO1489 thanks for the explanation, but after I posted the request I reallized I first have to model new axles, retexture the chassis and reanimate the suspension before I start thinking about the steering. I will make an other topic when I'm done with all of the above.
Still thanks!!

actually no need to use the cdt mesh @DrGoNzO1489 only bones

this is the way @wrangmog
AxleBone---parent bone
---> LeftHubBone (or any name it doesnt matter just a simple Bone)
--->RightHubBone (same as Before)
---> RackBone (any name does the trick)

and now how is skinned (Bone Weight)

Axle Mesh Full weight to axle bone as usual
hubs mesh full weight to each Hub bone side (if you did it the other way dont worry the XML can fix it)
Steering Rack link Full weight to the RackBone
and the OffSetZ is the distance from the rack center to a Hub or much better the place were the rack is connected

@wrangmog to make working sterring wheel is also a bone (I use a cdt because Im old School and do it like in Spintires) but yeah a bone that rotates on the X axis to make the spining

now the cdt way lets you choose the axis rotation just add this two tags one is the body cdt and the other is a controlled constraint

<Body
			Collisions="None"
			ImpactType="Truck"
			Mass="10"
			ModelFrame="Steer_cdt"
		>
			<Constraint
				AxisLocal="(1;0;0)"
				MinLimit="-190"
				MaxLimit="190"
				Name="ChassisSteer1"
				Type="Hinge"
			>
				<Motor Force="1000" Tau="0.15" Type="Position" />
			</Constraint>
		</Body>
<ControlledConstraints>
	<Constraint Id="Steer" IsLinkedSteering="true" Name="ChassisSteer1" />
</ControlledConstraints>

@forces you can do it either way of your being lazy and don't wanna skin it parent to a cdt 😉

@Forces thanks man!! Is it almost the same with hydro steering, because I'm going for that when I'm done with modelling and stuff. I will make an other topic when I'm done with modelling.

@wrangmog I had to re make my sterrings components on my latest mods because Hydro sterring is not supported the links will move away or towards the center of the axle, Im making test to find if with Ik i can fix it but still cant find a fix

@wrangmog true hydro steering would probably require a couple more bones to act correctly tho you could probably get away with the same setup with different weighting.....

last edited by DrGoNzO1489