Announcing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2!
Community Manager

We are pleased to officially announce the development for PC of the sequel to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, the real-time strategy game that portrays the epic space battles from the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Get a first sneak peek at the game in the official Reveal Trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPbXOHZW8co

Largely expanding on the groundwork laid out by the first game, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is a full-blown sequel - bigger, richer, more impressive and more ambitious than the original game. It will include, at launch, all 12 factions from the original tabletop game and its expansion Armada it is based on: the Imperial Navy, Space Marines, Adeptus Mechanicus, Necrons, Chaos, Aeldari Corsairs, Aeldari Craftworld, Drukhari, the T’au Merchant and Protector Fleets, Orks, and finally, the Tyranids.

The latest dramatic story development in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, the Gathering Storm and the 13th Black Crusade, will serve as the canvas for several, extensive and dynamic campaigns.

0_1516715817887_BATTLE_MAX_01_Screen_Version_MIX_V3_light_logo.jpg

With bigger battles, refined gameplay, improved multiplayer modes and features for a better and more balanced online experience, improvements across the board and even more customisation options for fleets and ships, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 promises to be the ultimate Warhammer 40,000 space battle experience.

The game is planned for release on PC in 2018, and will be first presented to the press during Focus's yearly event in Paris, le What's Next de Focus, on February 7-8.

last edited by Netheos

Adeptus Mechanicus

Happy beep

@netheos said in Announcing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2!:

more balanced online experience

believe it when i see it

By the Emperor's glorious Golden Toilet Stall, this is actually happening?
I guess it is worth the wait after all

Community Manager

@1397767230 said in Announcing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2!:

By the Emperor's glorious Golden Toilet Stall, this is actually happening?
I guess it is worth the wait after all

Sorry for the very long waiting time. Announcing a new game is a very big deal and we had to do it right.

This is great! Looking forward to it!

But pardon my bluntness, is this why the developers ceased working on and updating the BFG1?
To work on the sequel as the new lore was released?

last edited by Manifold

It looks great but I have some minor worries. Namely the approach to the game and storyline.

In the original tabletop game, there are some weird stuff. Like AdMech fleet do not have battlecruisers just because... and their ships have low troops value because are more automatized when in the new information about AdMech we know that their ships are crawling with their soldiers because exploratory fleets are often in conflicts and skitari, servitors and automatons need much less space then soldiers of base organics.

Another thing is the story. So we are in 8th edition with is cool but from where information about this conflict will be taken? Because even some black library authors do not do there studies whatsoever, Like Dark Imperium book. It is entertaining but it has so many discrepancies from official codexes and Gathering Storm book. Like Captain of ultramarines 2 company Cato Sicarius went MIA in the warp soon after Terran Crusade reached Thron World but in Dark Imperium he fights whole indomitus crusade. Gloriana Class Battleship Macragge's Honour was lost as well as the whole Terran crusade fleet in Gathering Storm III but there is in the book as well as in the Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 trailer. and some other things. I wonder what Tindalos Interactive will cock for us.

@netheos thanks, I just let out some sex wee.

🙂

I'm happy that you've got a new game in the works.

But I'm still pissed that the answer for two years was "just wait, something is coming soon!" Maybe next time work within a more rigidly defined timeframe so you don't alienate your most fervent fans.

@grey-seer said in Announcing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2!:

It looks great but I have some minor worries. Namely the approach to the game and storyline.

In the original tabletop game, there are some weird stuff. Like AdMech fleet do not have battlecruisers just because... and their ships have low troops value because are more automatized when in the new information about AdMech we know that their ships are crawling with their soldiers because exploratory fleets are often in conflicts and skitari, servitors and automatons need much less space then soldiers of base organics.

Another thing is the story. So we are in 8th edition with is cool but from where information about this conflict will be taken? Because even some black library authors do not do there studies whatsoever, Like Dark Imperium book. It is entertaining but it has so many discrepancies from official codexes and Gathering Storm book. Like Captain of ultramarines 2 company Cato Sicarius went MIA in the warp soon after Terran Crusade reached Thron World but in Dark Imperium he fights whole indomitus crusade. Gloriana Class Battleship Macragge's Honour was lost as well as the whole Terran crusade fleet in Gathering Storm III but there is in the book as well as in the Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 trailer. and some other things. I wonder what Tindalos Interactive will cock for us.

Eh, the fluff stuff isn't an issue at all. Dark Imperium doesn't contradict the codex's. Yes Cato Sicarius did go missing in the warp, he just escaped and reconnected with Guilliman somehow. We don't know the story behind that yet. We also know how Guilliman found Maccrage's honor. None of those things contradict the codex, we are given an explanation for all of them.

Well seeing this announcement was a wonderful sight and I am so glad to see BFG:A getting bigger and better in the near future.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a position in the Alpha Testers Team if there is one again so that I can do my bit to help make the game enjoyable.

Regardless though I am seriously looking forward to this.

~Alexi,
Former Alpha Tester / Moderator

@dennorak

Maybe, but my money are on that Guy Haley had little contact with any official book at all. There are some other in conflict with those official ones. Like that in the Dark Imperium, Big R has received Emperor's Sword form Custodian Guard after He has arrived on Terra who took it from Emperor's knees but in the Gathering Storm he was swinging it from the time just after Horus Heresy. Yvraine has said to Guilliman that ee should never take off his new armor but in Dark Imperium he is in a bathrobe. Thera some other things too. Same thing with Watchers of the Throne: The Emperor's Legion. No mentioning of Primaris Space Marines in defense of Imperial Palace, According to Chris Wraight Guilliman arrived on Luna with thousands of Space Marines and not just one Living Saint but Living Saints.

I may have had my problems with the first game, but I did play it for about 120 hours because I like battlefleet gothic. Heck I'm willing to give you a second chance. I would still prefer to have a turn-based mode available instead of it only being RTS, but whatever.

wooooohoooooooooo loking forward to see what you did to improve multiplayer balance. The original worked very well for Imps and chaos, but the other factions always seemed a bit off.

@valrak Looks like those rematches will be in BFG:A 2... You had better give me some fights lol.

@grey-seer said in Announcing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2!:

@dennorak

Maybe, but my money are on that Guy Haley had little contact with any official book at all. There are some other in conflict with those official ones. Like that in the Dark Imperium, Big R has received Emperor's Sword form Custodian Guard after He has arrived on Terra who took it from Emperor's knees but in the Gathering Storm he was swinging it from the time just after Horus Heresy. Yvraine has said to Guilliman that ee should never take off his new armor but in Dark Imperium he is in a bathrobe. Thera some other things too. Same thing with Watchers of the Throne: The Emperor's Legion. No mentioning of Primaris Space Marines in defense of Imperial Palace, According to Chris Wraight Guilliman arrived on Luna with thousands of Space Marines and not just one Living Saint but Living Saints.

There may be a few tiny inconsistencies like that, but nothing that should trouble them as far as making a storyline for the game.

will there be a better smarter action A.I. when it comes to forward firing ships so they dont just stop and act like turrets when at maximum range, as this can be very difficult having to baby eldar ships every second of the day and also made eldar A.I. enemies more than simple to dispatch with most fleets due to the unique hollo feilds they use instead of sheilds.

Single player was great but to make Mp equaly fun please remove grind of renome just only exp for the crew and enable player to choose game mode for example cruiser clash only.Pleeeease.Looking forward to it.

Oh wow, there is a new forum! Just noticed. xD Greatly looking forward to this game, and more than ready to beta test again if you want me. 😉

Oh, I hope we will be given the opportunity to fly on the Space Hulk ^ _ ^
Or the bigger is not in this sense? xD

I am back and squealing with joy over the Mechanicus parts! I'll be happy to test again, this is Imperator5 from old forums. I used the same email here I think!

@imperator said in Announcing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2!:

I am back and squealing with joy over the Mechanicus parts! I'll be happy to test again, this is Imperator5 from old forums. I used the same email here I think!

Welcome back, good to see you!

Thank you!

I do hope they undid the MP grind and that battles are truly bigger.

And I hope eldar lances are now rapid fire lances, not deathbeams.

But! Mechanicus fleets! I just love the cute little toasters!

Hey Imperator! Nice to see you back too! 😉

Thanks! I'm happy to help with Alpha testing too. I just got Belisarius Cawl for my budding AM forces to do battle alongside Blood Ravens.

Much knowledge is to be.... gifted! Yes. Tau pls, gift us that pulse rifle, we just want to Primaris it!

Truly a great day for the faithful.

@archmagos-alexi

Hey man, I'm getting all nostalgic here. 😛

Some bloody good news with this, and very nice to see some Vets on here!! Don't know if any of you remember me, I was always running top tier orkz! Streamed it quite a lot also! Cant wait to get back on this! actually the best news ive heard all year!

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.