Spintires: MudRunner - October Community Update
Community Manager

0_1540977516300_01_Daimler_WesternStar.jpg

Hello everyone!

It's the end of October, and with that comes another Community Update, as I'm sure you all have been expecting.

Today also marks a very special day for the MudRunner community! It's been a year since MudRunner released, and we've come a long way since then! We'd like to thank the community for spending so much time in our games, and for helping us make Spintires: MudRunner the best off-roading game it can be.

Youtube Video

We'd also like to extend a very special thanks to the Spintires: MudRunner modders. You all do incredible work, and we're honoured that you spend so much time creating your own works in MudRunner. We can't wait to see what you do next!

0_1540978223818_Spintires_MudRunner-04.jpg

In this past year, not only did Spintires: MudRunner release, but we've seen the release of three DLC packs! Join me now while we go through all the cool new things we saw released this year.

Firstly, Spintires: MudRunner itself - released on October 31st, 2017, bringing the franchise to Xbox One and PS4 for the first time! In the run up to the release, we released vehicle presentations for the most iconic vehicles in the game - all of which can continue to be seen on in our new area specifically made to collect previous vehicle presentations!

After that, we released The Valley, the first of three DLCs, which introduced one large new map to the game, and three new vehicles!

0_1540980874762_4.jpg

Then, in May, we released The Ridge, which introduced not only a new map and two new vehicles, but also a challenging new game mode, Scavenge, which tasked you with recovering lost lumber from around the map, instead of collecting it from lumber mills.

0_1540980860187_logo_MudRunner_TheRidge-03.jpg

Then, just this last week, on October 23rd, Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds was released, a brand new premium DLC that introduced nine new vehicles to the game, and two new maps!

Youtube Video

And that brings us to today, October 31st, exactly one year since Spintires: MudRunner first released! We'd like to thank each and every one of you for sticking with us this long, and we hope that the next year is as great for you as this last year was for the community!

Looking forwards, we've got a couple of projects to keep us busy! Most immediately, we've got the Switch version of Spintires: MudRunner, which brings the game to the portable platform, meaning you can get muddy wherever you are!

0_1540981013092_Spintires_MudRunner-03.jpg

In the further future, we have MudRunner 2, a still in early development project that we're all very excited about here at Focus and Saber. We can't wait to be able to share more with you at What's Next in February!

For now, we're going to focus on the Switch version of the game, and will have more news for you in the future!

Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds is available now on PS4, Xbox One and PC, and is coming to Nintendo Switch on November 27th!

last edited by Iyagovos

As a console player, I thank you all for bringing spintires to console, it's been a lot of fun and I hope there can be more dlc in the future as well.

It’s been a good year with this game on xbone for me. I can’t get enough of this game and I wait with anticipation for what you guys have in store for us in MR2. Great work everyone who had a part in this game and I’m pleased to see the success that’s come from that work. Best of luck with the switch launch, I just got a couple questions

Are we to expect monthly community updates to continue?

Will we be getting patch notes for the AW update for console? I know you guys tweaked a few things and it would be nice to see what exactly those tweaks were

Thank you

Its been a damn enjoyable year boys, good luck with mudrunner 2 and hope with it everyone's expectations come alive.

Congrats from 🇬🇪

last edited by zamal

I also hope there will be continued updates & fixes in MR even as MR2 is worked on. But even if not, that's OK too. MR is awesome and thanks for making it so mod friendly (on the PC). I'm not a major modder but I do like to tweak things to my standard (for more balance/realism) and this game makes it easy. Keep up the great work!

last edited by Unster

I was hoping you guys would come out with a dlc with 5 - 6 lifted trucks and a crawling/ mudding map. That would be AWESOME!

@iyagovos
Hi.
I have discovered that when I loading with crane/Loader it takes 2 Long Logs to get 6 Pts load. But if losing the load, then both logs or one log disappears.

@iyagovos Please make base game maps with the same brightness and the green-grass as AW DLC please in the next update ! ))

last edited by epstetique

Ok, quickly finish switch version and take seriously for Mudrunner 2 because the expectations are so high that you have to put all your efforts into MR 2. This time I want your game to again cause my jaw drop just like when I first saw spintires demo a few years ago 🙂 I believe that you Devs can achieve it.

last edited by knight25
Community Manager

@stirmygnat Yes, I plan to continue doing community updates as much as I can moving forwards.

@iyagovos
Hi.
I have discovered that when I loading with crane/Loader it takes 2 Long Logs to get 6 Pts load. But if losing the load, then both logs or one log disappears.

Community Manager

@dragonb1988 Disappears from the truck or disappears from the map?

@iyagovos
Hey. When i drop load from advanced mode. One log is parsley on the truck, and the other one disappears, both from the truck and the map. The same happens when the truck roll over to the side. So I can't pick It up from the map ground, have to drive all the way back to Log Station or find logs at another scavenger post.
Thanks for answering and question.

Community Manager

I'll pass it along to the team, what maps is this happening on?

@iyagovos
Okay. It have been happening on both of the new maps on the American Wild DLC. But I have had the problem since The Vally DLC was released. But it happens more frequently now, about every time.
I did test out if it was only long logs or the same happens with small and medium logs(2-3-4-5-6-8 point's load), or if had something to do with certified vehicles/ standard vehicles or uncertified vehicles/ modified vehicles. And the same happens from time to time. It always seems to missing one log. Don't know if any other people have the same issue's.

I wish if there's the tropical DLC in the next update for Mudrunner.

@rebellion9998
It won't be any new DLC for Spintires Mudrunner. The next new will be Mudrunner 2 next year.

Truely a great game, but it’s still very hollow, the DLC’s are great but lack much substance. After the American wilds DLC it’s left a bad taste in my mouth, only 2 maps! Many more things should be added, maps, winch gear (pulley blocks), better vehicle modifications greater steering on the road (atm it’s broken). I’ve also come to find that the traction on roads is absolutely off you skid around and spin, I’ve constantly ran into glitches of bushes getting stuck into the vehicle impeding the movement of it. The damage on the game is truely off it’s broken you can’t hit a rock at slow speeds without a 8/10 chance you get 20 damage! A lot of improvement is possible, I am very happy to see this great game making such great progress! Keep it up!

@iyagovos
Is there ever going to be a patch or a update to fix the small issue's that have been discovered on the American Wild DLC, like work lights and semi trailer's that are front heavy and tilting forward, making it very hard to reattach to the trailer hitch.

Or does the creation and development of Mudrunner 2 take all of the work hours. So there's no time left fix previous small mistakes/glitche's or improve earlier Spintires Mudrunner DLC. Since the Team probably is going to use many of the old code settings in Mudrunner 2.(hope for the sake of the god's, that they are using 64 bit based system)

Sorry is I'm sounding mean, despicable, disrespectful and criticizing.
But there is MANY people, gamer's, mod tweaker'sand mod creator's that you, Pavel and your Team have around for support. And are more then willing to help you guys.
But we all see what potential of your product and want to make the best off-road simulator game that's possible. So I sincerely hope that when you are saying that YOU are bringing it up to the Team, all of you are considering what we are saying and want to put some of our ideas into the game in a form of a patch or an update.

Yes I did post twice😉

Community Manager

I can't currently talk about plans for future updates, but I am passing along all the player feedback as normal.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.