PC - Latest update causes other applications to crash on launch.

The latest Blood Bowl 2 update that went live over a week ago causes Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 to crash on launch. The only way I can then get it to work again is by fully restoring my PC to factory settings after which the application works up until the point that Blood Bowl 2 is installed again.

It has been suggested to me that this could be ASUS but I have been unable to fix the issue.

Uninstalling ASUS removes the conflict. Including a non essential windows service in an update without asking permission or even providing disclosure is awful.

@rogueshenanigan said in PC - Latest update causes other applications to crash on launch.:

Uninstalling ASUS removes the conflict. Including a non essential windows service in an update without asking permission or even providing disclosure is awful.

Indeed. That is just awful and totally unacceptable.

The update caused a general slowdown on my PC. I was very surprised to find a new program installed without my permission when I investigated the cause of the slowdown. Luckily looks like uninstalling it has solved the problem.

Great. Steam wants to update BB again. Question to developers. Will it install the program mentioned above again without asking me and hence paralyze my PC?

If it does this is just great, isn't it.

Focus Team

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience, the automatic installation of Asus Aura should be removed by now

last edited by Focus_Guillaume

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.