So whats being done about the exploitative dlc practises?

With such a nasty grand i had to endure in the beta to unlock a single set of trousers i dont imagine enjoying the idea of a little bribe uhh i mean OPTIONAL TRANSACTION to skip playing the game i paid money to play.

yeah. you cant defend this. surely somethings been smoothed out since? Can i get a word from a dev?

edit: no words yet from the dev. Rabid ranboys have attacked however. Guys, no one listens to you but your own kind. What are you accomplishing here? You wont convince people on the fence with your idiotic nihilism.

It is no matter. If you are indeed a large sector of the community. I will take great pleasure in ridding my life of you untermench.

last edited by Boocheus

What needs defending? All unlocks are purely cosmetic. You're not at a disadvantage if you don't play because unlocks offer no gameplay benefit. The unlock system doesn't even use lootboxes; you just get credits each match that can be saved up to by whatever cosmetic you want.

And I'm not sure what made the grind so long for you; I was able to fully deck out both my characters in two weeks.

last edited by cyoce

@cyoce "...credits each match..." man those were the good ole days of the alpha. This 100 per LVL is much slower, but.....i'm 149. so....almost 15000 credits i've earned so far? i was able to deck both characters in about 2 weeks as cyoce said.

also @Boocheus , you never see your own cosmetics in game anyways. are you really "Grinding" anything in this game? if you're playing just to get better cosmetics, go play with dolls? I play the game cause it's a pure joy. It hasn't felt like a grind....ever...to me personally. getting credits has been more of a bonus than anything.

@boocheus Focus Home Interactive doesn’t really know what to do themselves. Currently their stance is that they don’t plan to add any dlc, but may reverse that later on.

Well so far the first two comments are complete fanboys with no rational thought so i will ignore them. Tooth decay i agree. Ill wait a long time before giving this game a try.

Hey guys, "just cosmetic" isnt an argument. Try something different and then speak to me.

Oh and TWO WEEKS is way too long of a time for those of us with jobs and other games to play.

last edited by Boocheus

Writing me off as a fanboy immediately makes me void of any and all logical thought does it @Boocheus ? Guess again.

There's plenty about this game that I've criticized in this forum. There's plenty about this game that i'm waiting for the modding community to pick up on. I've even started a thread here about what priorities should be on the devs, and which priorities should be left to modders. One of the top Ins2 modders even hopped in on that thread.

I want it to be clear that i detest exploitative DLC practices. I'm in agreement with you on that. However, if you think 2 weeks is too long, i'll again suggest you go play with dolls. That should provide you the instant gratification you desire. It sounds to me as though you're the prime candidate for exploitative dlc practices.

EA would probably read your last post and get an erection.

@boocheus I take a stance that aligns with that of the developers, therefore I am an irrational fanboy. And you're claiming that I am the one with no rational thought?

What's irrational about thinking it's not exploitative to give players the option to pay money to bypass a grind for items that have no impact on gameplay? You may disagree, but labeling those who disagree with you as irrational fanboys just comes off as immature.

last edited by cyoce

@Boocheus I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed.

@boocheus said in So whats being done about the exploitative dlc practises?:

With such a nasty grand i had to endure in the beta to unlock a single set of trousers

Dear me, you got trousers? I had to do with a pair of second hand undies.

Kids these days.

@boocheus very easy to defend. If it helps funding the game, they can lower the price for your benefit if you buy the game. You act as if you are a victim for not being able to equip all clothes, but in reality you have the privilege to enjoy the game for a discounted price than you would have had you been able to sport all the clothes from the get go.

last edited by Snuffeldjuret

@snuffeldjuret said in So whats being done about the exploitative dlc practises?:

@boocheus very easy to defend. If it helps funding the game, they can lower the price for your benefit if you buy the game. You act as if you are a victim for not being able to equip all clothes, but in reality you have the privilege to enjoy the game for a discounted price than you would have had you been able to sport all the clothes from the get go.

you really think they will lower the game price? not until the game bombs will that Steam Sale take place, not due to any potential DLC purchases

This doesn't even need defending.

A company creates a product. A product that's not an everyday life necessity (like food, clothes, shelter etc.). It's completely optional to buy the product. The product is for entertainment purposes. Everyone in the world can ignore the product and not buy it and live their lives.

Who has the right to decide, how to price the product?
Who has the right to decide, whether to buy the product or not?
Who is responsible for the buying decision?
What is the only situation where someone would buy the product without his/her own consent?

@jensiii This what cuckoldry leads you to. Nihilist idiot. Im glad the only people who listen to you are your own kind.

Darwinism takes care of the rest.

@cyoce So you are saying cosmetics have no effect on my enjoyment of doing something?

So you are saying cosmetics in real life dont change anything?

Im sure you dont leave the house often.

@boocheus didn't the answers please you?

@jensiii Nope. You are cringy and pretentious af. Not even worth trying to convince, people like you are beyond reason.

@roo00oor said in So whats being done about the exploitative dlc practises?:

@snuffeldjuret said in So whats being done about the exploitative dlc practises?:

you really think they will lower the game price? not until the game bombs will that Steam Sale take place, not due to any potential DLC purchases

I am saying that the price is lowered already, if the idea is that micro transactions are there to help fund the game. This is not rocket science really. You do know that there are free to play games, that are funded by purely cosmetic things right? Like Dota 2. Then there are games that have no micro transactions in them, that cost money to buy. And then there are those in-between, that cost some money but also has micro transactions. Since there are free games that rely heavily on micro transactions, it is only logical to conclude that games that rely some on micro transactions will cost less than those who don't rely on micro transactions at all. Obviously pricing differs from game to game, but if you would to compare equal products.

last edited by Snuffeldjuret

@boocheus said in So whats being done about the exploitative dlc practises?:

@jensiii This what cuckoldry leads you to. Nihilist idiot. Im glad the only people who listen to you are your own kind.

Darwinism takes care of the rest.

Not really, but rather the opposite. It is those who can enjoy a game with micro transactions that are the winners, because we get the game we want for a cheaper price tag than those who only get what they want from a full priced game. The true winners though are those who enjoy free-to-play games without buying a single thing. Actually, the ultimate winners are those who e.g. enjoyed PUBG and sold the clothing boxes for a profit, like me. I didn't rely on luck or optimized my winnings, but I bought the game for 30 euros and sold items for 150 euros.

@snuffeldjuret Wow i am so happy for you mr gatekeeper.