Battlefleet Gothic 2 released 2018!

Youtube Video

Announcing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2!
We are pleased to officially announce the development for PC of the sequel to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, the real-time strategy game that portrays the epic space battles from the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Get a first sneak peek at the game in the official Reveal Trailer!

Website: http://www.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BattlefleetGothicGame/ Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/bfg_armada Focus Home Interactive and Tindalos Interactive...

Largely expanding on the groundwork laid out by the first game, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is a full-blown sequel - bigger, richer, more impressive and more ambitious than the original game.

It will include, at launch, all 12 factions from the original tabletop game and its expansion Armada it is based on: the Imperial Navy, Space Marines, Adeptus Mechanicus, Necrons, Chaos, Aeldari Corsairs, Aeldari Craftworld, Drukhari, the T’au Merchant and Protector Fleets, Orks, and finally, the Tyranids.

The latest dramatic story development in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, the Gathering Storm and the 13th Black Crusade, will serve as the canvas for several, extensive and dynamic campaigns that will be playable either alone or in drop-in/drop-out cooperative mode with a friend.

With bigger battles, refined gameplay, improved multiplayer modes and features for a better and more balanced online experience, improvements across the board and even more customisation options for fleets and ships, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 promises to be the ultimate Warhammer 40,000 space battle experience.

The game is planned for release on PC in 2018, and will be first presented to the press during Focus's yearly event in Paris, le What's Next de Focus, on February 7-8.

IT LOOKS AWESOME!!1111

Guess I should start getting back on my ship profiles, awesome reveal btw!
I never lost faith.

If I sum up :
6 months of patches, nothing for 1 year but "something is coming"
BFG 2 --> aka new game to buy and BFG 1 is dead
I am the only one to think it is a bit too much like "we realease game to get max money but don t care that much about keeping a game alive"
Will it be the same for BFG 2?
Also, I hope it will not "just" be bigger battles / all factions / in line with new lore bit nothing really changed in the game mechanic....

@beernchips said in Battlefleet Gothic 2 released 2018!:

If I sum up :
I am the only one to think it is a bit too much like "we realease game to get max money but don t care that much about keeping a game alive"
Also, I hope it will not "just" be bigger battles / all factions / in line with new lore bit nothing really changed in the game mechanic....

maybe i reek of "entitlement"

but i want to know if those of use whom bought the first game and supported the devs during the first game

will get something in the second game

Atleast in total warhammer if you buy game 1 you can play all the first game factions in game 2

here if you get game 2 you get everything and its "bigger and better", as it is why even ever buy or even own game 1 now

I'd say that it was probably easier for them to make a new game than fix/add the issues/things they wanted to in the first. The sheer success of the first one not only gave them confidence and lessons learned but the capital and faith to make the second.

I'd love to get something for supporting the first game, and for my placement in the tourney, however I'll settle with refined and deeper version of it.

hard to have faith in a complete balanced game with 12 factions
if removing zapps and reducing tau speed by 140 is too hard to do in 12 months

@ashardalon said in Battlefleet Gothic 2 released 2018!:

Fun > Balance.

I'd sooner twelve interesting races than twelve reskins of the same playstyle. If you're interested in perfect balance, Warhammer 40,000 isn't the universe for you.

@romeo said in Battlefleet Gothic 2 released 2018!:

@ashardalon said in Battlefleet Gothic 2 released 2018!:

Fun > Balance.

I'd sooner twelve interesting races than twelve reskins of the same playstyle. If you're interested in perfect balance, Warhammer 40,000 isn't the universe for you.

On the condition that none of those races are an iwin button like Tau.

@bosie Oh, make no mistake - I agree (Though I'm curious if the Necrons will become that now like the tabletop version). But a "completely balanced game with twelve factions" is impossible unless those twelve factions play identical. Even Starcraft - paragon of the e-sports world - suffers from imbalance between its races.

i really hope we will here more from an actual dev at some point explaining how they are going to prevent the same stuff happening again

how have they changed detection to make short range slow fleets possible
what have they given orks to compensate for the complete removal of zapps because any other move then the complete removal of zapps is unacceptable
how much did they reduce tau speed? 140 120 100 150?
are tau going to have 180° broadside guns instead of 270° turrets so that targeting the prow is actually possible
how will they rework boarding so that boarding favors arnt automatically the weakest

i have seen bait and empty promises for more then a year
its a great trailer, they are amazing at trailers. but the tau trailer was cool too
nothing shown so far should give any hope
the hive ships are just bait

The battles will be bigger? How much bigger? Will I be able to take my full fleet?

Motherfucker.

Unless they use code so different from the original game that it mandates actually making a new game, it's a blow below belt.

I REALLY hope it's not just a money making trick but I'm also REALLY getting a Total War vibe here.

Even if it is the old game, they are almost doubling the races. Dawn of War 1 expansions did the same like Dark Crusade and Soulstorm, and they were standalone too.

@beernchips said in Battlefleet Gothic 2 released 2018!:

If I sum up :

Im thinking the same thing. But we will know more when they release gameplay footage and inform us on the changes. But if the game mechanics and certain things in the game are not changed or improved i can with certainty say that the game will struggle greatly.

i think tindalos is promising a bit to much and the state of the first game is not doing them any favors.

last edited by CANNED_F3TUS

@ahriman said in Battlefleet Gothic 2 released 2018!:

BAD LANGUAGE

I REALLY hope it's not just a money making trick but I'm also REALLY getting a Total War vibe here.

Uh, I'm not sure I follow here, because the last two Total Wars were absolutely awesome, and built on each other in the coolest way I've ever seen. On top of that, they continued to add a bunch of free stuff for both games the whole time, and even the DLC still added free stuff if you didn't buy it.

Not saying I think Focus Home gets a free pass, but you picked a really weird example to prove your point.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
;.....;
yay!

This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.