It’s been almost a month since the release of Space Hulk: Tactics. We’re very thankful for your support and feedback. We’ve been hard at work improving the game to give you a better experience.
Today, we’re launching a second major update that addresses some issues that you’ve raised, such as gameplay speed, AI improvements, gameplay rebalancing, and bugfixes.
As many of you have asked, one of the main highlights of this update is the gameplay speed.
We’ve adjusted the speed of each option, and added 2 additional animation speed - fast and very fast - to give you a better experience during the game. From now on, the fast speed allows you to play the game more fluidly, while the normal one provides you a more immersive game experience.
Also included in this update are AI improvements. We’ve already improved the AI in a first major update, and we’ve continued to work on additional AI improvements.
Last but not least, the game now provides up to 30 mini skirmish maps that improve the variety of mini skirmish objectives in the Terminator campaign..
You can find below the change list of this update.
- Added 2 additional animation speeds for the game: Fast and Very Fast. Speed is locked to "Very Fast" in Quick Match and can be changed in the lobby for other multiplayer modes, and can be changed in-game for single player games (R key by default). Default speed can be changed in the options menu.
- "Next tutorial" default key changed from R to N to avoid conflict with changing speed
- Added campaign new mini Skirmish maps (30 total)
- The name of the map is now displayed when opening the extended map and objectives in Skirmish
- The turret description now fully explains its behavior
- Added new dialogue during Genestealer Mission 5, Mission 6 , Mission 8, Mission 9, and Terminator Mission 13 and Secret Relic Mission
- [AI] Improved the AI handling of locked doors
- [AI] Fixed a number of edge cases not being supported by the AI
- [AI] Made the Genestealers more aggressive
- [AI] Fixed a case of Genestealers not attacking Terminators in melee
- [AI] Fixed a case of Genestealer AI not attacking a Terminator when starting next to it
- [AI] Fixed the Genestealer AI not handling rubbles in diagonals
- [AI] Genestealer AI should now commit more when it decides to launch a suicide attack
- [AI] Fixed a case of Terminator AI stopping when a Genestealer objective is failed
- [AI] Fixed the Terminator AI spreading too thin when it has to survive
- [AI] Improved the behavior of Terminator AI when it has to survive and protect a console
- [AI] The Terminator AI should place its Force Barriers in better locations
- Fixed a case of Overwatch overlay not disappearing at the beginning of the next Terminator turn
- Fixed the AP counter not updating after unjamming
- Fixed ammunition and psy points counter not refreshing properly
- Fixed the Jam icon not refreshing immediately after unjamming
- Fixed the AP counter for Genestealers not refreshing properly with the special rule “slow start”
- Fixed the leaderboard not displaying properly
- Fixed the Terminator Campaign "clues" icon being in low resolution
- Fixed a graphical issue during the cinematic if the sergeant was planting the bomb during Terminator Mission 5.
- Fixed the first Terminator Mission secondary objective not giving its reward
- Fixed text error for several campaign events
- Fixed the view not switching to Isometric when using a warp bubble in FP view
- Fixed the Reaperfex not being able to cross a diagonal blocked by an obstacle
- Fixed an issue where activating cards would cancel sustained fire
- Fixed consoles being indestructible by default
- Fixed emblems not displaying properly if the Terminator was too far away
- Fixed a graphical glitch with a Space Wolf emblem
- Fixed an issue with emblems on Stormbolters
- Fixed some vanilla customization options not being available due to the preorder DLC
- Fixed various typos and text mistakes throughout the game
- Fixed several crashes related to the AI
- Fixed various crashes
- Fixed a roster desync if the host changed his roster before the client joined
- Fixed a case of sounds not playing after loading a save
- Fixed a case where rank points were not gained after a victory
- The Scorpion turret Overwatch colour now update immediately when being changed by activating the linked console
- Fixed Genestealer Biomorphs playing the wrong animation when being killed in melee
- Mouse cursor now disappears during cinematics
- Alt+Tab during a cinematic should no longer make the cursor disappear
- Tweaked the hitbox on several UI icons
- Fixed the extended map legend being displayed behind the map
- Playing a card no longer removes the free shot after a movement
- We can no longer cancel a bomb deployment by toggling “move and shoot”
- Removed an obsolete reward when losing a “samples” optional mission
- Fixed wrong flow when exiting the campaign screen
- Fixed an issue when trying to exit the leaderboard screen
- Fixed a case where the player could get stuck in an invalid state during the tutorial
- [AI] Fixed a crash related to the Assault Cannon
- Fixed several crashes
- We can no longer place a rubble inside the line of sight of a Terminator. The card cost has been decreased from 2 to 1 CP.
- It’s no longer possible to stack card effects that give CP or Psy Points per kill.
- Genestealer Mission 5 is now a bit easier
- Increased the threat of flames during Terminator mission 13
- The Wolflord in Genestealer Mission 9 is now immune to flames
- Range modifier cards don't stack anymore: only 1 shoot range modifier and 1 overwatch range modifiers are allowed on a single Terminator
- Changed the "slash" special attack to a 4+ test (instead of specific 1D6>1D6 roll)
- Increased the effect of cards that reduce genestealer AP: reduction increased by 2 AP (3->5 and 4->6)
- Increased required distance for spawning blips from the broodlord by 1 (6->7)
- Removed the distance limitation for vanishing the broodlord close to an extract point
- You can now choose any of the 4 tiles adjacent to the Broodlord when using it to spawn a blip, but can still spawn only 1 blip.
As always, we look forward to your feedback. Please don’t hesitate to give us any feedback you may have regards to these changes.
The Space Hulk: Tactics Team