The seventh update is now live for Space Hulk: Deathwing!
This new update is part of our development of the major content addition coming later this year with the release of Space Hulk: Deathwing on consoles - free on PC.
Today, we introduce the Interrogator-Chaplain Class to Space Hulk: Deathwing, the sixth clas[/b]s!
- New Class Integration: The Interrogator Chaplain
The Chaplain can carry the Crozius Arcanum and brings new diversity to the Multiplayer and Special Missions Game Modes.
He has the unique ability to recall all allies, or protect them for a short time.
- New Weapons (Stormbolter MK2, Purgatory Sword).
- Psygate System has been overhauled: you can now only open a portal to the psygate when you successfully achieve an objective. Works in both solo and multiplayer. You can no longer open psygate at will except during the solo campaign.
- Changes to Solo Special Missions: you now play as a specialised class in Special Missions - each class now has its own niche, instead of being a jack of all trades. This was made to make the mode more similar to multiplayer and in preparation for the customisation system.
- UI Improvements and rework
- Font rework
- Improved menu controller support
- Controller improvements – XB1 or XB360 controller advised
- Multiple UI bugfixes and improvements
- Multiple Controller bugfixes in the menu: all menus and gameplay should now be playable with a controller
- Added a confirmation check when using the “leave” button on a multiplayer lobby
- Added a restart button after dying on a Solo Special Mission
- Fixed a few cases of overlapping GUI elements when opening different menus
- Fixed a rare out of bounds in Chapter 3.
- Fixed the Librarian arm’s being slighty invisible when equipped with a powerfist.
- Fixed the name of the Special Missions being displayed with a “beta” tag
- Fixed some AI pathfinding issues in Chapter 2.
- Fixed some issues remaining in a few Special Missions.
- Fixed the Broodlord spawn in Chapter 7.
- Fixed the cages in Chapter 6 not having proper collision detection.
- Fixed in Chapter 4, Genestealers could spawn on a height and get stuck
- Fixed in Chapter 5, Hybrids could spawn behind a rock and get stuck
- Fixed turrets firing through walls in Chapter 2
- Fixed major FPS drops at the end of Chapter 9
- Fixed some issues when switching classes too fast in a lobby
- Fixed some lights in the tutorial
- Fixed some flickering textures
- Fixed some levitating environmental assets
- The new psygate system has a few issues still
- Guest users will sometimes not see the GUI of the spells Frenzy, Firestorm, Crusaders, and chaplain spells.
- Guest using the heavy specialty class can sometimes have issues using the proximity mine when coming from a lobby.
- The orders wheel may sometimes not be called in multiplayer (keyboard shortcuts are still usable).
- In solo modes, teammates may sometimes not respond to your orders.
- On very rare occasions, a solo Special Mission may not end.
- You may encounter partially unloaded maps for a few seconds when jumping in a multiplayer game.
- The lobby menu may overlap on your game if you join a game at the exact moment the host launches it.
- When an objective is completed in multiplayer, it might stop the current action of a guest player.