Feedback on 4.20 patch

Some of the initial issues I've found with the game since the last update:

• Performance is still subpar
  • 3D model of all AR15 type 35 round mags is too long, reflects a real life 40 or 50 round mag
  • Weapon muzzle devices look silly & unrealistic (esp. the muzzle brakes), being way too large and not scaled with the barrel
  • ADS time should be based solely on weapon weight, not on person weight (i.e. equipment on body should have no effect on ADS)
  • 7.62 NATO seems to do less damage now than before, people can take 7.62 NATO to the upper chest now without instantly dying. Needs a revert IMHO.

Will update the list as I find more issues.

last edited by Wolfram

Here's what a AR15 style 35 mag looks like compared with a 30, 40 & 50 round mag:
alt text

What we have ingame as a 35 round mag honestly looks more like a real life 50 round mag.

Here's the real life 35 round mag in the gun (it's A LOT smaller than what we got ingame!):
alt text

last edited by Wolfram

Also regarding the muzzle brakes, as you can see they are not very big in real life:
alt text
alt text

Furthermore the AK74 already has a muzzle brake, so having to spend weight on a silly fictional one ingame is, well silly 😛

last edited by Wolfram

Next problem found:
Holographic sight is blacked out in hipfire view when the 2x magnification scope is added.

last edited by Wolfram

Last patch note claimed that the scale of muzzle devices had been adjusted, but they still look comically large.

Who cares what it looks like.

I'd hope most people cares what it looks like, otherwise we might all just as well run around with weapons looking like supersoakers...

And tbh this just looks silly:
alt text

A pretty far cry from this:
alt text

last edited by Wolfram

@wolfram said in Feedback on 4.20 patch:

Next problem found:
Holographic sight is blacked out in hipfire view when the 2x magnification scope is added.

This is not a bug. It was done on purpose, since you cannot see through your optic in hip fire. PPL were exploiting this.

That mag and brake look wack. Like what the fresh *uck...

@rifrafjonesy said in Feedback on 4.20 patch:

@wolfram said in Feedback on 4.20 patch:

Next problem found:

This is not a bug. It was done on purpose, since you cannot see through your optic in hip fire. PPL were exploiting this.

No I'm talking about the holosight only, not the back 2x sight which should be black ofcourse. It's the holosight which should be see through but isn't atm when you put the 2x scope behind it, like so:
alt text

I agree on the extended mags they look comical and silly, like they just scaled the old mags and rotated some verts.
pliz fix