Wrangmogs Workshop

You can also use the autosave feature. It saves your project every few minutes or so. Keep it in mind in case it crashes and you did not save for a while.

Untitled.jpg

It's looking great for being your first time with blender.

Keep it up.

@deathcoreboy1 saving wasnt the problem, I couldnt open the file and when I tryed to append objects from the file, the file was completely empty, but it looks like I closed my blender too fast after saving so it got lost.

@deathcoreboy1 sorry I didn't read properly, that's what I did but then manually with taking the 1 away from the .blend1 file

@wrangmog No problem. Here's a tip. The .blend1 and the Autosave files are different. The autosave file are stores in AppData folder and it also keeps a few versions back of your project. The .blend1 apparently is kind of a temp file blender uses before writing on your file when you clic save. I have found out that sometimes, the .blend1 is missing or outdated and have been able to recover a newer version of my file from the AutoSave. Just something to keep in mind.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 I noticed that everytime I hit save, the .blend1 gets saved top (by looking at the date it gets created) but still, thanks!

last edited by wrangmog

@wrangmog looks really good man, i definitly gotta look someday to rebuild mine

.blend1 is a backup made automatically by blender, you can also set a timer for auto backups in the users preference menu, (ctrl+alt+u) i've set mine to 5 mins and also made blender automatically restore my last open file on boot, wich has saved me countless times in the past

@Forces thanks, will look at it when I have time.

So for those of you who are still on the forum and wondering what happend to the unimog project, well, here she is fully modeled. After a lot of trial and error and help from @Forces I got it straight up, facing forward and not right handdrive in the editor. It is almost ready for texturing. Have a nice/safe day guys.

Knipsel.PNG

last edited by wrangmog