M4 muzzle really is bothering.

Isn't that flash-hider (or whatever is at then end of the barrel) supposed to have holes instead of just carvings ?
I'm triggered !

alt text

So, yeah. Joke aside, it's far from game breaking, but considering how good looking and detailed weapon models are in this wonderful game, I feel like this is heresy.

last edited by Grumf

@grumf Yeah, I think it's the same with Comps, too. They don't actually have any holes in them where the gas would leave lmao.

@grumf put what bothers you in the subject...not yahoo/facebook/youtube style clickbait lines....

last edited by Max80

@max80 Will remember that for any future thread.

@max80 Hey ! I can modify the title too ! Now that's a useful feature.

@grumf LMAO!! Right on! Who says NWI isnt making improvments!!?? >.>

there should most definitely be holes in the birdcage flash hider which is standard on most AR barrels

good eye, thats definitely not a good detail to miss in such a detail orientated game

its funny that they are focusing so much on the attachments and what they do that they over looked the most important part of the gun, the standard barrel. in reality compensaters and flash hiders come in all shapes and sizes and the ones in the game are huge and goofy looking like a can of condensed milk

@kingovtrolls said in M4 nozzle bothers me way more than it actually should.:

there should most definitely be holes in the birdcage flash hider which is standard on most AR barrels

Flash hiders are not really "standard" on AR barrels....

@jexla I smell an "in real life" debate over military equipment coming.

@jexla said in M4 nozzle bothers me way more than it actually should.:

Flash hiders are not really "standard" on AR barrels....

Ehhh, in the civilian world that's debatable, but they kinda are. On US military M-16s and M-4s, the "bird cage" flash hider is absolutely standard.

@maa_bunny this is what I was referring to, this is not insurgency suburban-storm after all. Hes totally right about the nozzlemuzzle it needs holes!

Ive gotten a few answers from the devs by asking them directly on twitter, post this since you have a good screenshot

You can see the "holes" (slots?) there on the texture, just not on the model. Maybe they're trying to save polygons to improve performance? Still, looks more like a model for 3rd person view than a 1st person model.

There's a few other places where you can see the same thing. The hex screws on the rear of the RIS on the Mk.18 is another examples that nags at me occasionally.

@kingovtrolls You mean... That I should post this on twitter ? Unfortunately, I'm not on twitter. I won't register just for this, lol.
If you wish them to see that over there, you can totally link them this topic.

If you can't be bothered to do this, no worries. I'm pretty sure they spend enough time on the forum to see this thread anyway.

@MAA_Bunny You may be right... But, honestly... It wouldn't cost much performance-wise to have some holes at the end of the barrel. So, do it, devs !

alt text

last edited by Grumf

@grumf ok thanks dude ill post this thread there. it bothers me too .. ghet rid of some of those purple quanza bushes, not the tasty gun details.
@MAA_Bunny Now I have to go look at the mk. 18 🧐 Im fairly sure this could be an oversight in both cases

@grumf lmao this labouf pic is the thumbnail