ADS speed should be depended on WEAPON WEIGHT not player weight.

As the title says,

I am glad NWI at least made it depend on something, but weapon weight (along with its attachment weight) should be the main contributer of ADS speed. If anything, a drained stamina (happening faster due to higher weight of player) should be the cause of ADS speed reduction. I haven't tested too much to know specifically how well they work now, but I think this is the more realistic approach (being weapon ADS speed affected mostly by the weapon and its attachment weight). I guess I can see the Armor that weigh down the shoulders may contribute the raising of the arms to be slower, but not sure how much that should be affecting the ADS time since I've never worn one. I'm curious to see what other people think on this.

Also, I am not sure if it was added on the update, but sway should also be affected by the weapon weight as well. Except for rocket launchers (since they are shoulder mounted) Making SMGs and carbines much suited for the "run and gun" at the front, whereas the heavier the weapon (assult rifle -> battle rifle -> LMG) should need to be at the rear being slightly more careful. (Perhaps I'll add onto this on a later thread)

@io543 said in ADS speed should be depended on WEAPON WEIGHT not player weight.:

As the title says,

I am glad NWI at least made it depend on something, but weapon weight (along with its attachment weight) should be the main contributer of ADS speed. If anything, a drained stamina (happening faster due to higher weight of player) should be the cause of ADS speed reduction. I haven't tested too much to know specifically how well they work now, but I think this is the more realistic approach (being weapon ADS speed affected mostly by the weapon and its attachment weight). I guess I can see the Armor that weigh down the shoulders may contribute the raising of the arms to be slower, but not sure how much that should be affecting the ADS time since I've never worn one. I'm curious to see what other people think on this.

Also, I am not sure if it was added on the update, but sway should also be affected by the weapon weight as well. Except for rocket launchers (since they are shoulder mounted) Making SMGs and carbines much suited for the "run and gun" at the front, whereas the heavier the weapon (assult rifle -> battle rifle -> LMG) should need to be at the rear being slightly more careful. (Perhaps I'll add onto this on a later thread)

+100000000000000000000000000000 rep

I've been wanting this for ages, honestly. It makes so much more sense than the current system.

@io543 I sort of agree with what your saying, but i think the ADS time should be gun dependant based on the guns weight (naked). Then certain attachments can reduce the ADS time.
I think stamina should not play a factor into ads speed it will promote the game to be played even slower.
The sway penalty and not being able to focus when out of stamina is enough. We don't need it compounded with a slower ads.

I agree, that ADS speed should be effected slightly by general weight of character.
But the most important determination for ADS speed is gun weight combined with barrel length and attachments.
General weight of the player should mainly effect sprinting speed (max. speed and acceleration) and stamina

It's a little weird, because weapons weight is part of loadout weight, but not vice versa. So in general, the heavier your weapon, the slower you will also run, etc....but yea, it should def be the weapons weight that affects ADS time.

Has anyone tested this or are we just assuming? Has anyone actually made 2 identical loadouts, but stripped all the non-gun stuff off the second to see if both loadouts ADS the same? According to this post, you're all making it sound like 2 loadouts with identical guns would ADS differently if one of those also had tons of armor and other heavy items.

Not that I've tested, but it doesn't feel to be the case. 1x sights should ADS, FASTER than Irons. Otherwise there's not much point using them honestly.