LowLevelFatalError Crash

I experience LowLevelFatalError Crashes from the launch of the game, so over 7 months ago. I have reported it after 1-2 hours from the release of the old forum but this issue was not fixed (or addressed) after this long time. More than that this issue has a strange property of appearing and disappearing from the known issue list (it is not there now for example - http://forums.focus-home.com/topic/318/update-7-the-interrogator-chaplain/1 ).

The whole thing looks like this.

Youtube Video

So after some time (usually very short time) game crashes, I can not see any pattern or regularity, it is completely random. It may happen after some time (one time I have finished the whole mission) but usually, it is a minute or so. I have 16h in game and I'm in mission 5! Most of his time was spent on testing. Of course, I can forget about multiplayer.

My spec is better than officially recommended:

OS: Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit) - I have Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 - I have Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM - I have 16,0GB Dual-Channel 1072MHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB - I have 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (EVGA)
Network: Broadband Internet connection - I have ComHem bredband 250 Mbit/s
Storage: 40 GB available space - I have over 200 GB

I contacted Nvidia too but they were not able to help me. I'm after Windows reinstall too.

The game will crash at some point anytime I play with is making this game unplayable.

I would like to attach Logs and DxDiag but I don't see any file attachment option here.

Here is fresh log and DxDiag

link text

last edited by Grey Seer

use " We Transfer " and add your stuff with Link option. Then you can have the Link posted here so Dev`s can download it.
Netheos has posted this to me, since i sent them Dumpfiles!

Thank you ROIBR, I have completed my previous post. There is a link to the Log and DxDiag there.

Todays 555mb patch has changed nothing about those crashes that I have.

I have tried to play 5 times today and 4 I have recorded, the first one crashed after 2 seconds after pressing teleport button. Video has 7:30 min and the game crashed 4 times during this time, the video was not edited or cut in any way, 3:08 min of gameplay.

Youtube Video

DXDiag and 5 Logs here:

[https://wetransfer.com/downloads/5edd940932931dfaeeed37914b7629cb20170803130058/0ddfb8](link url)

14 months from the launch and nothing has been done about those crashes. There was a 60% price cut yesterday, one of many below the original, preorder price.

1,5 year after the release, Enhanced Edition and stuff and game still crashes as on day one.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Community Manager

Hey there,

Do you have dumps/logs for these most recent crashes? I'll pass them on to the team with immediate priority.

@iyagovos

I have sent them to them yesterday, to your support too, 7 crashes yesterday. Besides, what new are they going to do with them? I’m sending those logs and dxdiags from 1,5 year, any single patch or drivers and what is the result?

last edited by Grey Seer

I had 1 fatal error too yesterday. Played the game 2 hours however. I will continue to test, 1 crash is not necessary relevant. Will tell you.

Community Manager

@grey-seer The new logs will hopefully help us diagnose it now that all the patches are out

@astartesultra Thank you for your commitment. Can I ask for one thing? What kind of error is this which you have experienced? there are some Fatal Errors that have no connection to LowLevelFatalError as I understand it. My is like this one:

0_1527170585163_LLFE.jpg

@Iyagovos here https://we.tl/MLhacgIHoX there you have it, 10 logs and DxDiag. This topic is on this forum 20.07.17 and on the old forum (do not work any longer for some reason, maybe temporary issue, who knows?)I had one that was dated out to 14.12.16 so the launch day of the game, that is 1,5 year and I can't say that someone was particularly interested in this issue this whole time.

last edited by Grey Seer

@grey-seer hmmm i dont know sorry, it happened only 1 time, no other crash in 4 hours. And there werent any message in event observer. If it happens again (i don't wish ! lol) i will send you a screen.

Edit : no crash in 7 hours, but second time have respawn countdown frozen as host

last edited by AstartesUltra

Try slightly under-clocking your GPU core and Power Limit. (using MSI afterburner)

Try disabling any unused devices (sound cards, USB devices etc)

Try upping your TDR delay via registry. (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys)

"TDR stands for Timeout Detection and Recovery. This is a feature of the Windows operating system which detects response problems from a graphics card, and recovers to a functional desktop by resetting the card. If the operating system does not receive a response from a graphics card within a certain amount of time (default is 2 seconds), the operating system resets the graphics card. "

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/hpc/Working-around-TDR-in-Windows-for-a-better-GPU-computing-experience-777/

if you need more help with any of that just ask and ill see what I can do.

@astartesultra So it seems to be some other type of crash. LowLevelFatalError Crash is inevitable and it will happen sooner or later (rather sooner), my max gameplay was 1h20m but it happened only once, it happens after 0-3 min in overwhelming number of cases.

@uk_spawn Many thanks for your involvement in this issue but wise heads from the game support have suggested those solutions a long ago and it did not help. The only difference is with this TDR thing, the game does not crash but freezes my PC and a hard reset is required.

last edited by Grey Seer

In fact i have played 15 hours and this have not happened again, so yes it must be something different and not relevant for me.
I consider the game is stable and really enjoy it. Improvement to make the game not having frame drops there where in the 1st version is really impressive. Great work guyz ! Good luck for those who still have crashing problems.

I have noticed some other bugs / problems, but not crashing ones. Will mentione them in other topics.

last edited by AstartesUltra

@iyagovos So. Are there any fruits of your passage of my logs with ”imminent priority” to the team?

last edited by Grey Seer
Community Manager

@grey-seer They're still looking into it, but I'm messaging daily to see if there's anything new. I'm really sorry it's taking us so long to find a fix for you 😞

So, the problem maybe isn't solved but it is no more relevant to me. Finally, I have managed to get a refund after over 1,5 year of quite humiliating struggle. The money is in my steam wallet and the tumor removed from my library. Anyone who has the same problem should do the same.

last edited by Grey Seer

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.