Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant

I am in the process of writing a server assistant/manager application for Insurgency Sandstorm, mainly for my own use and amusement, but if there is any interest I might release it for public consumption. (Windows only!)

Current features...

• Server setup wizard to download and install SteamCmd/server files.
  • GUI for editing/saving and loading of server configs, admin lists and mapcycles.
  • Built in Rcon client.
  • Built in server query to monitor server state.

It will probably be a few days before I am at alpha state and ready to release, but please post here if you would be interested or have any questions or suggestions.

I will post some screenshots once I have the UI finalised.

Also if any devs are willing to answer some questions about the dedicated server please let me know.

Hey there,

If you have any questions, I can do my best to get them to the devs. Just let me know what you'd like to ask 🙂

@iyagovos said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant:

Hey there,

If you have any questions, I can do my best to get them to the devs. Just let me know what you'd like to ask 🙂

I am sure there will be many, I'll have to start compiling a list, but for now, if possible, I would like to know minimum and maximum values for All server settings, so I can set some limits in the UI. 😮

Fantastic!
Looking forward to testing it

@pointy Hey there,

You can see the guide NWI wrote about server set up here, I believe that should give you what you need: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GDLg5p9jjeIya7EgBk0ibzDtDlyQ-U_jpspOzby-JmM/edit

@pointy Hey there,

You can see the guide NWI wrote about server set up here, I believe that should give you what you need: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GDLg5p9jjeIya7EgBk0ibzDtDlyQ-U_jpspOzby-JmM/edit

Thanks but I have already been using that guide. It gives the default values but not the min & max values.

For example what is the maximum value allowed for FriendlyFireModifier? (I assume the minimum would be 0)

TIA

I was hoping i could do it through rcon but either it's not reporting back the correct values or there are no sensible limits set.

For example...

gamemodeproperty ObjectiveCaptureTime 5000000
ObjectiveCaptureTime = "5000000" (was "30.000000")
gamemodeproperty ObjectiveCaptureTime
ObjectiveCaptureTime = "5000000.000000"

Hey Pointy,

I would be very interested in this server assistant should you every feel like making it public!

I've set up a UK Coop server and although its running I really can't seem to be able to make the changes I want. Looking at the server browser it would appear they are mandatory 8 human players but I'm assuming this will change? Also I've added other maps into the config but the in game admin only recognises 3.

Any guides to server configs etc. would be really welcome.

Thanks in advance - Chuck7even

www.trenchratgaming.com

last edited by Chuck7even

@chuck7even said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant:

Hey Pointy,

I would be very interested in this server assistant should you every feel like making it public!

I've set up a UK Coop server and although its running I really can't seem to be able to make the changes I want. Looking at the server browser it would appear they are mandatory 8 human players but I'm assuming this will change? Also I've added other maps into the config but the in game admin only recognises 3.

Any guides to server configs etc. would be really welcome.

Thanks in advance - Chuck7even

www.trenchratgaming.com

I think everyone is having some teething problems, it's early days yet and I sure NWI are working hard on it.

Progress has been a bit slower than I hoped, but it's coming along nicely now. Here are a few 'work in progress' screenshots...

0_1542653096061_general.PNG

0_1542653136893_admin.PNG

0_1542653143670_status.PNG

0_1542653150626_mapcycle.PNG

0_1542653156117_rcon.PNG

@Pointy

Great work. Really starting to look the part

Wow, this is looking excellent!

Sorry for not properly responding about maximum values, I'll try and find out for you 🙂

that looks amazing... but why not make it webbased? that way we can use it everywhere...

Wow, this is looking excellent!

Sorry for not properly responding about maximum values, I'll try and find out for you 🙂

Thanks for trying to help, it's always appreciated. I know the devs are really busy working up to release, so don't pester them too much. I can just throw in my own numbers for now and tweak them later.

@powerbits said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant:

that looks amazing... but why not make it webbased? that way we can use it everywhere...

I think most people just want a nice gui to help set things up to there liking, so they don't have to mess with batch/config files.

Once the basic functionality is there, I can think about adding ways to communicate with the app, such as a web page or maybe even an Android app.

I just want to say, this is exactly what this game needs. Had the devs included something like this with Day of Infamy, people would still be playing it. It was a great game, with great maps and AI, but almost zero multiplayer support. Currently this is a game that shines during multiplayer, but doesn't support multiplayer, and is doomed just like DOI.

Great work OP!!!!

That's looking great, nice work!

🤝

I'm really looking forward to this too! Nice effort. 🙂

is this AdminTool going to be released for the 12th of Dec. Our Community would LOVE to get a hold of this for Community Events and later planned Ranked play if custom servers will support that. Also to note that they are releasing an in-game server hosting feature. Just throwing that out there since our Community owner plays Ins: Sandstorm solo and noticed that the Custom in-game feature is locked/Grayed out. Hope you find players that want to be able to use this. looks really well put together.

Cheers and good luck with finishing the Tool. Hope to see it go public soon.

Official Community.

https://www.officialcommunity.tv/

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I have finished adding the core features that I wanted to implement before release. I have a few more things to tidy up and test but I am hopeful of an alpha release by the end of the weekend.