`Reduce recoil for light weight equipment.

While the recent update has some good changes I've been longing for a while, I noticed that light weight equipment is somewhat lacking even when using the lighter guns in the game.

The thing is, while the weight system based on recoil is pretty neat I say, for lighter equipment the recoil is really high and rapid in succession. If you have light equipment and have a known high recoil gun with a foregrip, you will still have higher recoil than the RPK in full automatic succession from the previous game which was considered the highest recoil guns of the previous game.

Now if you've shot a gun real life you'll know sometimes games will portray recoil in a way where it seems exaggerated. If I'm lightweight in real life using no carrier at all and still manage to control the recoil of a battle rifle or rapid firing AR which is relatively next to nothing, then I believe the gun handling for lighter weights is just unrealistically depicted in a obvious sense.

Hell, you even got shooters on youtube that fire full automatic weapons and manage to control the recoil far more easier than trying to pull down and compensate for recoil for some of the guns fired in full auto in this game. And they aren't even wearing heavy equipment that slows them down.

I think the recoil is in a sweet spot right now. Especially after the 10% reduction in horizontal.

You can spray accurately with an AK from a long distance and still land most of the shots, without even the need to pull down substantially.

I believe that further reductions would lead to the laser beam feel of pre 12 Nov. Patch

Edit: I always run light/no-armor loadouts

last edited by Bullet59

The problem is that recoil in DOI and Insurgency 2 has never felt this ridiculous.

I don't get it man. Recoil in the previous game with any weight regardless felt natural even with heavier weights in game. How come light weight makes recoil control for you like a twig?

Even I've shot guns IRL and I can tell you recoil control like this is absolute BS.

I don't understand how character weight has anything to do with recoil. It shouldn't.

Heavier GUNS tend to have lower felt recoil, since the recoil impulse has more mass to act against. But once that force is translated to the body controlling recoil is all about body mechanics and stance.

@derpydays The recoil reduction at maxed weight is maybe 15%. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal given how many disadvantages you are with maxed weight, anyway.

I'm rly liking weapons handling right now, I honestly hope it just stays the way it is now.

@maa_bunny said in `Reduce recoil for light weight equipment.:

I don't understand how character weight has anything to do with recoil. It shouldn't.

Heavier GUNS tend to have lower felt recoil, since the recoil impulse has more mass to act against. But once that force is translated to the body controlling recoil is all about body mechanics and stance.

Spot on mate. I have no experience with Automatic weapons but I know for a fact the stock of the weapon has a lot to do with absorbing the recoil. For e.g. My Mauser K98 is an absolute comfort to shoot with on/off the bench due to it's heavy laminated wood stock. Compare that to my Mosin which has a much lighter timber stock (I think it's a type of birch) and is using a lighter hand load both in powder and projectile, it kicks like an absolute suka! (Bitch).

recoil shouldn't really affect weight. hell, if a child in IRL with little to no gear shoots an AK with little signs of harsh recoil, then how come my guy in insurgency is affected by a huge boost of recoil for just being a tiny guy?

when you're shooting a gun, regardless of how much equipment you have, it shouldnt affect recoil. It's mostly about the recoil compensation in the gun and the proper stance and posture of a person absorbing that felt recoil.

even with some of the lighter guns like the MK18 have some high recoil when rolling with some light kit which is kinda BS, considering the fact I've shot a pistol AR irl and the recoil is still low-like shooting a .22 AR.

last edited by DerpyDays