Russian accent for insurgents.

Security has local and American. It makes a lot of sense for insurgents to have Russian accented voice to choose from. It could represent both Russian mercs/"little green men" and Chechen international fighters. Would be appreciated by future modders I'm sure.

Also, NWI, any chance for a future Ukraine/Georgia themed expansion?

This right there... good input! That would be so cool! Especially if they added some Russian inspired gear for the insurgents. I would totally love that!

Russian "little green men" aren't attached to ISIS, (or any Syrian insurgents for that matter) which I assume are the insurgents in this game. They're attached to pro-Assad forces which actively avoid Americans.

The Russians, mercs and pro-Assadists are fighting mostly Arab Sunni Islamists (though there are moderate Sunnis in Assad forces as well) and ISIS to the east(ish).

The Americans are attached to the SDF, who are also fighting ISIS, in their own little area to the Northeast they've declared autonomy in. The SDF (particularly the Kurds) sometimes get into spats with anti-Assad Sunni insurgents, but They want nothing to do with fighting Assad or the Russians.

So yeah, I guess you have "little green men" on insurgents, but it would be a departure from realism considering it would basically mean WW3 is going down. Would be like adding women insurgents. Wouldn't make much sense.

That being said, Chechens would make a whole lot of sense.

last edited by Dark1202

@rover said in Russian accent for insurgents.:

This right there... good input! That would be so cool! Especially if they added some Russian inspired gear for the insurgents. I would totally love that!

What you mean like the RPG, AK Variants [atleast 3], Makarov pistol, and PKM LMG that are literally Russian weapons, which are already in the game? ............... lol.

[And if not all of those arent directly Russian weapons, they are copies of Russian weapons. ]

@fearthemoose

What you mean like the RPG, AK Variants [atleast 3], Makarov pistol, and PKM LMG that are literally Russian weapons, which are already in the game? ............... lol.

I meant gear, as in uniforms, headgear, plate carriers, and armor, not weapons. I know AKs and PKMs are "literally Russian weapons" but thank you for smugly clearing it up all the same.

@rover said in Russian accent for insurgents.:

@fearthemoose

I meant gear, as in uniforms, headgear, plate carriers, and armor, not weapons. I know AKs and PKMs are "literally Russian weapons" but thank you for smugly clearing it up all the same.

Your very welcome 😉