Here is a list of things to add to the game to make it more enjoyable and less frustrating:
- Match making: Automatic queuing at the end of a round
- Match making: If you quit a match before the end make the player wait until the end of it before entering a new one (or a long period of time to be determined).
- Match making: Let the match begin like it is now. Restart it when 16 players or more finally make it into the server. That way we avoid starting a round with 6 peoples only.
- Match making: Stop assigning slot to a server with less than 3 minutes of match. (or even more). Better, make it an option. I want to be able to refuse entering in an ongoing match.
- Votekicking players: Enable us to get rid of immature elements/trolling players (teamkilling on purpose, insulting on VOIP, etc...)
- Loadout preset: Customizing our loadout outside match. Name and save it.
- Make the map line more visible (darker maybe ?). Sometimes it's hard to see the coordinate on it. Add subdivision to the map grid. I want be able to pinpoint a building with coordinates like "3-delta-4". Right now coordinate include several buildings. It's not precise.
- Add callsigns in front of player name on the rooster. This way a commander/player can ask "Alpha-3" or "Bravo team" to watch the west sector. It avoid problems with player's name which are not readable/pronounceable (foreign language, alphabet or outright dumb ASCII characters).
- For immersion, include map coordinate for observer and commander's voices: For example "Calling for artillery strike on Echo 4 coordinates!". Better than "Calling for artillery strike on this position!"
Well this one is a never ending battle I guess. Right now for me it's the brightness bug.
Overall: In the current state the game is not ready for release. It's a good game and I have fun but I won't recommend it to my friends without, at least, part of the aforementioned improvements. In particular the match making aspect of the game which is, right now, really crude and basic.
Thanks for reading me.