Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released

@Pointy and also I guess they added in Outskirts, and Hardcore Checkpoint, and now are gonna add Frenzy Checkpoint. Dunno whether you need to add those into your variables.

@Commando-Cat said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@Pointy and also I guess they added in Outskirts, and Hardcore Checkpoint, and now are gonna add Frenzy Checkpoint. Dunno whether you need to add those into your variables.

Yeah, there are a few things that need adding and some old bugs that need fixing, the main priority is the server query, which i think I have found a fix for. I just have so little time to work on it at the moment. Hopefully I can get things working before handing the code over.

Hi, looks great, there’s also new settings for the CTE servers.

I have managed to find a spare hour to do some coding and have a version almost ready to release, although it will have very limited testing. Please let me know of anything else that needs fixing or adding and I'll see what I can do. I know that the Voting options need adding but I don't know if I will have time to add those. Is the new gamemode Hardcore Checkpoint available for dedicated server? I don't see any mention of it in the server docs.

Current changes so far...

Added additional command line arguments option for local servers.
Added Outskirts and Team DeathMatch modes to maplist 

Fixed Discord bot events not firing, unless you disabled and re-enabled the bot. 
Fixed bot quota slider.
Fixed server query not working with server version 1.2.

i am trying to hook up to my rented server using the ip and query ports that they gave me but i am not able to connect ---------------------------
Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant

Failed to connect to the remote server 'USMERCS.COM Mature Respectful Gaming'
The server is either down or the query port is incorrect/not forwarded.

OK

This is what I get.

last edited by Smokin221

@Smokin221 said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

i am trying to hook up to my rented server using the ip and query ports that they gave me but i am not able to connect ---------------------------
Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant

Failed to connect to the remote server 'USMERCS.COM Mature Respectful Gaming'
The server is either down or the query port is incorrect/not forwarded.

OK

This is what I get.

The Server Assistant is currently being worked on if you read the posts above

ATM it DOES NOT connect

umm no it says
Why does it say fixed then? dont get me wrong i appreciate all the work but dont answer like im a moron when you cant read a response

last edited by Smokin221

umm no it says
Why does it say fixed then? dont get me wrong i appreciate all the work but dont answer like im a moron when you cant read a response

Current version is for install on the actual server box & not for remote access which was available in earlier copies

so can i upload to my server and then configure it for use remotely? what path would i need to install it to? Or do i need to wait patiently with bated breath?Thanks for the help.

@SAWCOACH said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

umm no it says

Current version is for install on the actual server box & not for remote access which was available in earlier copies

I suggest waiting for next release

@Pointy said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

I have managed to find a spare hour to do some coding and have a version almost ready to release,

@Smokin221 If you read my post again you will see it says...

"I have managed to find a spare hour to do some coding and have a version almost ready to release"

Can anyone else confirm that either pressing Ctrl+C or sending the quit command via rcon, the server goes through the exiting process but doesn't actually exit? This is causing me some issues. ☹

my bad i did miss that part my apologies i only just started playing this game and got excited to get to rent a server and have rcon again for our squad. Again the work done is appreciated.

Is the new gamemode Hardcore Checkpoint available for dedicated server? I don't see any mention of it in the server docs.

No idea. Their server documentation is outdated, and up to now still hasn't been updated even though in one of their latest blog posts, they talk about referring to the server documentation to find out how to enable XP gain for community servers.

Can anyone else confirm that either pressing Ctrl+C or sending the quit command via rcon, the server goes through the exiting process but doesn't actually exit? This is causing me some issues. ☹

Not very sure what you mean by this? I haven't had any problems turning off the server by just pressing the stop server button in the assistant interface. Haven't tested with 1.2 though. Have been running using .bat file.

last edited by Commando Cat

@Commando-Cat

With your server running 1.2 (and nobody playing 😉 ) Make sure the server window is active and Press Ctrl+C together. Mine goes through the shutdown process, but hangs on exiting and the window doesn't close.

Hardcore Checkpoint is available for dedicated server. Enabling XP however is only on the CTE I believe.