Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released

Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant is a server assistant/manager application for Windows, which allows easy setup and maintenance of Insurgency Sandstorm dedicated servers.

It is in no way affiliated with Focus Home Interactive or NWI.

I made this application for my own use and I am putting it out there in case other people find it useful. I only run a private coop server so I have no use for bans and kicking etc. However as I am one those weird people who really enjoys coding, so I am open to putting in features that others would like, if they are not too time consuming.

Although I have spent a lot of time testing all current features, this is Alpha software, so it will probably have bugs or crash. Use at your own risk and please keep all criticism constructive.

Current features are...

• Multiple server support.
  • Remote Admin and Local Server modes.
  • A clean GUI for editing server configurations admin lists and map cycles.
  • Built in Rcon client.
  • Built in server query to monitor the server state.
  • Built in Discord bot. (Local Server Mode only)

This is very much work in progress and I do plan to add a few more features, such as...

• Server crash detection.
  • Schedule, with options to reboot server, check for updates and send server messages.

Download (removed as it is currently broken with the latest server version)

Known Issues

• There is a bug in the Discord bot that prevents events from firing. (A temp fix is to simply disable and then re-enable the discord bot each time you start the app)

Next Release

• Fix known issues.
  • Added scheduled tasks for server update and reboot.

Please post, feedback, bug reports and suggestions in this thread.

When reporting bugs please give as much information as possible, including your Windows version and language settings. The application keeps various log files which can be found from the Help>Logs menu. Please post the relevant parts that contain the errors.

Screenshots...

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

History:

Alpha 0.8.4

• Added schedule system and server message task.

• Rcon can now only be enabled/disabled when the server is not running.

• When downloading a server update, it now auto validates before showing an error.

• Fixed error when using wizard to download SteamCmd & the server files.

• Fixed error when downloading/validating with non English languages.

• Fixed writing game.ini float values for non English languages.

Alpha 0.8.3

• Added game mode filter menu to the change scenario list on the status page.

• Added backup application data. (Options>Backup local application data)

• Added map data editor window. (Options>Edit map data)

• When configuring a remote server, it now grabs the server name from query data.

• Remote servers now become unavailable after 10 failed queries in a row. (was 1)

• Options toolbar button is a now a drop down menu.

• Tweaked a few more tool tips.

• Fixed status page player list not updating when switching tabs.

• Fixed some slider controls not changing via keyboard input.

• Fixed expanding checkbox panel not counting towards config changed.

• Fixed occasional crash on remote server disconnect.

Alpha 0.8.2

• Added auto connect option for remote servers.

• Added custom state colors to easily identify each servers state.

• Added RoundTime to checkpoint section.

• Added admin list info label.

• Fixed the player list on the status page, not showing any names.

• Fixed a couple of issues when changing program modes.

• Fixed discord events not counting towards config changed.

• Fixed an issue typing values into a slider control's text field.

Alpha 0.8.1

• Added remote admin mode.

• Added support for multiple servers.

• Added discord integration.

• Added the bCounterAttackReinforce setting from Nov 14th patch.

• Added Warn, kick and ban menu to players list on status page.

• Added send server message to status page.

• Added restart round button to status page.

• Added change scenario combo to status page.

• Added quick rcon command menu to the send command text field.

• Added Save As buttons to admin list and map cycle

• Added auto save option, to save changes without prompting.

• Redesigned the UI for multiple servers.

• If the configuration has errors, the first erroneous control is automatically selected.

• Pressing return in a text field will move to the next field on that page.

• Updated map list to latest version.

• Moved Options to it's own window.

• Improved logging to help track down errors.

• Reordered tab stops for all controls.

• Fixed server update check not retrieving the latest info.

• Fixed a couple of hidden controls in the Server Settings>Game page.

• Fixed a hidden control in the Server Settings>Multiplayer page.

• Fixed -MapCycle command list argument not being passed.

• Fixed -AdminList command line typo.

Alpha 0.8.0

• Initial public alpha release.
last edited by Pointy

Yey
Thank you Pointy.
Btw what is backend?

@chraso said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Btw what is backend?

It is the Easy Anti Cheat, which you can disable on the general settings.

I have 1 request. is it possible to get your Rcon tool to work without a local install. Also work with Linux Sandstorm Servers. I understand Administration would be impossible.I am only looking for Rcon access. Even if you made a SandstormRCON tool. Would be awesome.Your only competitors that I know of is, MCRon and ARKCON.

By the way bravo. Great Job!

I have a mix of Windows servers and Linux. When it comes to my cluster I struggle to find RCON tools for all the servers and Games.

thanks again.

its quite amazing that u made this, gj

@pointy
not what i meant.
i was asking about the backend of the application to rcon/steamcmd, just for my curiosity.

@mawilliams said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

I have 1 request. is it possible to get your Rcon tool to work without a local install. Also work with Linux Sandstorm Servers. I understand Administration would be impossible.I am only looking for Rcon access. Even if you made a SandstormRCON tool. Would be awesome.Your only competitors that I know of is, MCRon and ARKCON.

By the way bravo. Great Job!

I have a mix of Windows servers and Linux. When it comes to my cluster I struggle to find RCON tools for all the servers and Games.

thanks again.

A separate app would make more sense, with just the server query and rcon capabilities. I'll have a think about it, as it probably wouldn't be too much work.

@chraso said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@pointy
not what i meant.
i was asking about the backend of the application to rcon/steamcmd, just for my curiosity.

Th rcon client was written from scratch but I used SourceRcon as a guide. The SteamCmd control code was again written from scratch and was probably the trickiest part as there is not much in the way of documentation. In fact I am still not sure if SteamCmd is localised, perhaps people with a non English Windows can tell me if the SteamCmd output is always in English? (I was originally parsing the output and looking for particular strings, but realised this would fail if SteamCmd was in fact localised, so I had to come up with another way to do it)

Congratulations on the release, @Pointy!

@iyagovos said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Congratulations on the release, @Pointy!

Thanks. @iyagovos

While I have been waiting for the stream of bug reports, which haven't come yet, either because no one is using it, or it is bug free. 😲 I have been working on discord integration and this is what I have so far...

0_1543657886248_discord.png

0_1543657969030_discord2.png

The bot can be enabled /disabled globally or each event can be individually enabled/disabled. There are only a few basic events so far but I will probably add a few more, as and when I think of them. Maybe a notification when a player joins an empty server? Suggestions are also welcome.

@mawilliams

I have decide the best way to achieve what you are asking, is to add a remote admin mode in the options. This makes it easier for me to maintain as both modes share core functionality.

In Remote Admin Mode, only the Server Status, Rcon and Options tabs will be shown. All irrelevant toolbar buttons will also be hidden. You will have the option to specify the remote IP address, server query and rcon ports.

I will also add an easy way to warn/kick/ban players from a right click menu on the player list.

How does that sound?

so will it support pre hosted servers?

@dutchxarms said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

so will it support pre hosted servers?

Correct it will work with any server if you have the IP address and rcon password.

Basic functionality is working. as you can see from the screenshot below...

0_1543782257954_remoteadmin.PNG

Before you ask, yes! In the name of science I did perma ban myself from my own server. 😮

The biggest stumbling block, is the fact the the server seems to have problems responding to some rcon commands and keeping to the protocol. 🙄

@Pointy

Will it have the ability to add multiple servers?

A cool feature would be to add reserved slot funcionality

@sawcoach said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@Pointy

Will it have the ability to add multiple servers?

Not initially, I am more interested in getting the core functionality working and stable first. It would also be quite a bit of work, as it would require a UI redesign as well as some code changes. I guess if people are desperate for this feature and as a temporary solution I could change the saved data location to the installation folder, so that multiple instances could be run.

@powerbits said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

A cool feature would be to add reserved slot funcionality

It would be up to NWI to add that feature.

@Pointy

It would be handy for those of us with multiple servers

You are doing a great job so whatever you release is appreciated

@sawcoach said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@Pointy

It would be handy for those of us with multiple servers

You are doing a great job so whatever you release is appreciated

i think you can run multiple instance of app and rcon

I had a change of heart and decided it would be better to add support for multiple servers now, rather than later. It meant a UI redesign, but that part is pretty much done now. It will initially just be for the remote admin mode but I will add support for multiple local servers in the near future.

I will post some screenshots tomorrow.

Hey @Pointy,

Just wanted to add my thanks for the effort you've put into this and your willingness to share it with the community.

These things take a lot of time and I appreciate you being generous with yours.

I'm away and won't be able to test it until after Xmas but didn't want to forget to pass on some kudos.

Cheers!