Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released

@beerz said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@pointy

Thanks for the hint with RCON but I wont need it because I just activated the "Vote Map" feature 🙂

Already played a few hours with friends today - thanks for your program and help!

The vote map doesn't seem to take into account the current map cycle though.
If you are wanting to change the map while in game use the built in admin menu. (see the Admin page for instructions)

I have updated the first post with current known issues and a list of changes for the next release, which hopefully will be done over the weekend.

Hello, Great work on the Server tool.
Im trying to host a coop server for me and my friend but i can't, the server tool seams to be working fine, in the status i see that the server is running but i cant find it in the coop menu when im browsing the servers. Any idea what i may be doing wrong?. What i did so far is downloading the server assistant, configure the map rotation, configure the paths and run the server, then log into steam and search for the server.

Under MultiPlayer there is a setting for Bot quota: the slider goes from 0 to 1 The tooltip states "Damage modifier for friendly fire". I am not sure what this is for or how to set it.

Version Alpha 0.8.4 is now live, please try the update through the application. (Help>Check for program updates)

This release is mainly bug fixes, but also contains the first implementation of the schedule for local servers. At the moment it is limited to server messages, but will be expanded on once I know the core functionality is working correctly.

It appears that localisation has been an issue. mainly for decimal/floating point numbers, when the language uses anything but the period as a decimal separator. I am hoping these issues so please let me know if you are stilling having problems.

What I have discovered so far...

SteamCmd doesn't appear to be localised and always uses a period when showing download progress, although it does localise the date stamp.
The server/UE4 also appears always use a period when writing floating point values the config files, regardless of the windows language settings.

Please let me know if you have found otherwise.

Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant, uses the decimal separator specified by windows for showing values in the UI but will use the period writing internal configs, the game.ini file and reading the SteamCmd output.

Hopefully your configs will load without problems, regardless of what language they were previously saved in. If there are problems loading a config, float values will be blank. You will have to reset them manually or you can reset them to default by clicking the new config button and then reloading the config.

Please also try the schedule for me, even if you do not plane to use it, so I can be sure there are no issues before I implement more tasks.

Thanks for the update! Will try it right away!

Oh and is there a setting to set the Bot difficulty inside the Assistant? Am I just not able to find it?

Edit: And is there a possibility to add a setting so we set the chance for Counter Attacks? A counter attack on each point is totally annoying for me 😃

Happy Holidays so far!

last edited by beerz

@pointy said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@commando-cat said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Rcon is working for me on my local server, port forwarding shouldn't make any difference if you are running on the same machine as it uses the local host address.

Ah man. I managed to get something running, and something else breaks facepalm

Ah well. No biggy. Will just shuffle maps before starting server if we want to try a different map.

Have tried a different rcon port? Getting an 'Unknown response' error on connection, seems a bit odd to me. You haven't by chance set the same ports for query and rcon?

Hi @Pointy

My CFG file defaulted (for some reason) back to setting my rcon port as 27015. I changed it to 27016 and it works now. 🙂

Thanks for all your help! Everything works fine now! Have been playing quite a few games with my friends, no issues with the server assistant so far, everything runs smoothly! I literally only just found out about the rcon port issue, but we already played a few hours finished, so I can only test it out tomorrow or something, will update again!

Rcon is working for me on my local server, port forwarding shouldn't make any difference if you are running on the same machine as it uses the local host address.

Ah man. I managed to get something running, and something else breaks facepalm

Ah well. No biggy. Will just shuffle maps before starting server if we want to try a different map.

Have tried a different rcon port? Getting an 'Unknown response' error on connection, seems a bit odd to me. You haven't by chance set the same ports for query and rcon?

Hi @Pointy

My CFG file defaulted (for some reason) back to setting my rcon port as 27015. I changed it to 27016 and it works now. 🙂

Thanks for all your help! Everything works fine now! Have been playing quite a few games with my friends, no issues with the server assistant so far, everything runs smoothly! I literally only just found out about the rcon port issue, but we already played a few hours finished, so I can only test it out tomorrow or something, will update again!

Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks to Ricko for reporting the Discord bot bug. If you are using it, you will have disable and re-enable the bot each time you start the application. (It's has already been fixed in the next release)

Have a great holiday everyone.

All the best Pointy and thanks again for the work you've done here

A big thank you also from me and my friends!
I wish you all the best!

Great tool! Really appreciate your efforts.

I've noticed that no matter what rcon interface I use, when I type 'help' to get a list of commands, it replies with strange ASCII characters.

ps. I'm an Android Developer so if you need any help just let me know 🙂

Hey @Pointy. You may be aware of this already, but could you add an option for competitve firefight as per 21st Dec. update:

"Added ruleset “CompetitiveTheater” which has no rule changes, only the loadouts, allowing community servers to create their own."

I believe this is a server commandline needing '-competitivefirefight' as an argument.

Thanks!

@tokaitele said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Great tool! Really appreciate your efforts.

I've noticed that no matter what rcon interface I use, when I type 'help' to get a list of commands, it replies with strange ASCII characters.

ps. I'm an Android Developer so if you need any help just let me know 🙂

It's a bug in the server. any command that returns a longish response is corrupted. Hopefully it will get fixed in a future server update.

@enejunkz said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Hey @Pointy. You may be aware of this already, but could you add an option for competitve firefight as per 21st Dec. update:

"Added ruleset “CompetitiveTheater” which has no rule changes, only the loadouts, allowing community servers to create their own."

I believe this is a server commandline needing '-competitivefirefight' as an argument.

Thanks!

Yes, someone else asked about this. I will probably add a custom command line field, so you can add any other command line options you want.

Guy's I've been trying to get to the console while in game online to use recon to advance the map or bring up a map vote. The key is bond to the negative key on the num pad but it won't initiate. I have the num pad turned on but no luck, even tried changing the key.
Any suggestions , also what command do you use to make a map change or map vote?
I've been alt/tabbing out to server assistant so far to make changes.

I did read and applied the info provided on the server assistance admin tab

last edited by Fawlty

are you guys having crashes also? like 100% load freezes?

Thanks for making this... I have a dedicated box running Win10 and Sandstorm w/ you Server Assistant.

Outside friends can connect to the server fine, however any PC inside the local network are unable to. We get the password prompt, but then then the client just sits at a black screen.

In a desperate effort to self debug, I've tried disabling firewalls on both client and server and even setting the server to DMZ on the router, to no avail. I've also tried connecting to the server via the manual IP using the external IP too.

The server hosts other games just fine w/ no connectivity issues.

When a local game client connects (same LAN 192.168.3.x), the log stream just shows the below over and over until a timeout occurs. Any suggestions?

[2018.12.31-16.18.25:529][846]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: 192.168.3.108:61074
[2018.12.31-16.18.26:531][905]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: 192.168.3.108:61074
[2018.12.31-16.18.27:532][964]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: 192.168.3.108:61074
. . .
[2018.12.31-16.18.38:529][612]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: 192.168.3.108:61074
[2018.12.31-16.18.39:547][672]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: 192.168.3.108:61074

@pointy
Apologies if you've already covered this topic. I can turn down the bot difficulty via the admin window in-game, but is there any way to add this feature to the Server Assistant?
Thanks for making such a great tool!

@owinz said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Outside friends can connect to the server fine, however any PC inside the local network are unable to. We get the password prompt, but then then the client just sits at a black screen.

I think I remember reading some others having this problem & solving it by starting the server first & then starting STEAM on the client after the server is running

That's correct Sawcoach start the server before firing up steam.

Billion3, good to see you could access the admin window, I may have to delete everything and start over I just can't get to the admin screen.

@fawlty said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

That's correct Sawcoach start the server before firing up steam.

Billion3, good to see you could access the admin window, I may have to delete everything and start over I just can't get to the admin screen.

@Fawlty You shouldn't have to delete & start again. Just make sure youy have created the folders in the correct path:

Insurgency/Config/Server

Admins.txt in that folder

Add -AdminList=Admins to your commandline at start up