Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released

Hi guys,
I've got the same server update error as Groovy Mosnter above, since the last game update. I click 'check for server update' and get this error ' An error occurred while downloading server update. Please check the log for more details'. I know Pointy says the update still downloads anyway but I've tried a few times and when I try to join my server in game it says the game is not compatible, please update game. Can anyone tell me where I can download 'InsurgencyServer.exe' file manually? If that's what the issue is of course.
Am I missing something else?

Sorry guys, I have been down with man flu for the last week or so. :face_with_open_mouth_cold_sweat:

If your update fails click the validate button (green shield icon, next the the server path) and see if that fixes it. I have no idea why Sandstorm does this, my other server assistants using the same code have no problems updating. I will try and take a look at the code over the next few days.

Sorry for asking this again Pointy, is it possible for you to higher the maximun bots you can have on the assistant? I would appriciate that alot!

Get well befor you do anything, the health is more important then fixing things for us πŸ™‚

@pointy Thanks Pointy, that worked a treat. πŸ™‚

Pls update the server assistant for team deathmatch.

I hope Pointy is okay - the Thread is quiet for a month now...

@kennta340 said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Hello Pointy, I using your Server assistand and it works so good, I cant get an server up normally (it dosent want to intilazed steam but with your program it works perfect! One problem I have with your assistant is that I want more then 30 bots and I wonder if you could try to set it higher? It would be good if you atleast can set it up to 100 (No I wont use 100 bots but would be fun to try sometime), what I am trying to get on my server are around 60 bots atleast and if I take the config file and change the settings for myself your assistant puts it back to 30 again when I start the server.

This would be an easy fix if I could just take the config file and open up the server the normal way but since it wont intilazed steam with steam then its hard πŸ˜•

Depending on the way NWI built their game, this might not be possible. For example, Insurgency (as far as I know) has a maximum cap of 49, this includes bots + players, so at any one time you can only have a total of 49 characters in the game. I'm guessing Insurgency Sandstorm should also have something like this in the coding.

The new patch is out i think, my friends are telling me there's an update for Sandstorm. I hope the server assistant is able to run with the new map added.

Updating the files now.

EDIT: It seems like the server is running as intended, although you won’t be able to select Outskirts map using the server assistant interface, so you won’t be able to start the server with Outskirts, or put it into your mapcycle file.

last edited by Commando Cat

@Pointy Hey, thanks for the tool, its awesome. I have a question though, why don't you make it open source? So that interested parties can continue development.

The last update came out in december 2018. Today we have may 2019 and the assistant version is still 0.8.4 ... 😞

What's wrong @Pointy ?

last edited by Vennek

SSA does not work with the latest patch which is a shame.

its a great tool

Guys, let's give Pointy a break. Everyone has their own life and priorities outside of gaming. He's doing this as a hobby, he's got no obligation to update this immediately as soon as a new patch comes out. It's not like we're paying for it.

As a workaround solution in the meantime, if you have run the server assistant before, before the 1.2 update, the server assistant has already configured all the necessary files for your server to run, with all the settings you configured last time. You just need to find out how to create a .bat file to check for updates to Sandstorm using steamcmd, and another .bat file to run the server.exe, and you're good to go. That is what i'm currently doing, and everything's running as per normal. If you roughly know how to configure the files, you just need to add outskirts to your mapcycle file, and you'll be set.

Try using this link as a guide for running the steamcmd to check for updates, and to create a .bat file to start insurgencyserver.exe:
Insurgency Sandstorm Dedicated Server reddit

If @pointy wants to send me that code, I can clean it up and get a 1.2 release out.

Or, maybe we need to just create a new tool, which I'd be happy to help with once we had a decent set of documentation for the config variables.

Is anyone else getting this error?

5-30-2019: 7:22:44 PM - [LocalServer] Starting server.
5-30-2019: 7:22:50 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:22:51 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:22:52 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:22:53 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:22:54 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:22:55 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:22:56 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:22:57 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:22:58 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:22:59 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:00 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:01 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:02 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:03 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:04 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:05 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:06 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:07 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:08 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:09 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:10 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:11 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:12 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:13 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:14 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:15 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.
5-30-2019: 7:23:16 PM - [ServerQuery] Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. occurred in QueryServer.

Sorry guys, I have hardly been on my PC in the last couple of months, let alone play games, other than the odd quick game of Wreckfest for some stress relief.

According to Steam, I haven't played Sandstorm since March and as I explained in an earlier post, I just wasn't finding it as much fun as the first Insurgency. It's hard to develop a tool for a game if you are not playing it yourself. Aside from that, the fact that the rcon bugs still persisted in the server, many months after being acknowledged made it a little frustrating.

Anyway, how did they break it? What doesn't work with the latest update?

While I am not comfortable making the code public, I am thinking of sending it to @jballou to fix and tidy up. So perhaps we can hook up for a chat on Discord?

Thx pointy that would b awesome

@Pointy said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

I haven't played Sandstorm since March and as I explained in an earlier post, I just wasn't finding it as much fun as the first Insurgency. It's hard to develop a tool for a game if you are not playing it yourself.

Then you can not even start this project...

@Pointy I'm jballou#5154 and on Steam as well.

Send it my way, I can get it packaged and presentable in short order.

I know what it's like to lose interest in the game and walk away, I did the same thing with my Ins 2014 mods a while back.

Sorry for the delay guys.

I have had a look at the code and it seems that the server query is broken, I am not sure why but the query doesn't receive the full response.