Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released

@jlx said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Hey @Pointy,

Just wanted to add my thanks for the effort you've put into this and your willingness to share it with the community.

These things take a lot of time and I appreciate you being generous with yours.

I'm away and won't be able to test it until after Xmas but didn't want to forget to pass on some kudos.

Cheers!

Thanks for the words of support.

Here's a couple of screenshots of the new layout, I hope the new layout doesn't confuse people too much, as the main tabs are now vertical. ( It didn't look quite right with two rows of horizontal tabs)

0_1543954661862_new settings.png

0_1543954701554_new status.png

In the new status you can see a quick restart button , change scenario list and a server say message section.

I still have a bunch of stuff to fix and test as the code changes broke quite a few things, but I may be able to get it ready for the weekend.

Thank
Can you increase the difficulty adjustment function under coop?
And the Round Time and points under coop can also be adjusted.

how can i increase the playercount to 32 people?

@isumer said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Thank
Can you increase the difficulty adjustment function under coop?
And the Round Time and points under coop can also be adjusted.

I used the Insurgency Sandstorm Server Admin Guide for the current cvars, if you have other undocumented cvars, please post details of the section name and key.

@powerbits said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

how can i increase the playercount to 32 people?

You can't unless you start via a batch file. I still have to set sensible limits for all controls and I am unsure what the maximum supported max players value is. It has been increased to 32 for the next version though, which I am hoping to release over the weekend.

can you tell me the latest mapcycle.txt pls?

How do i set time duration for every point?

Hi pointy,

really good work you have done.

I try to do some rcon to my linux server, but with the standard rcon tools it did not work, so i did some investigation and developed a small windows GUI for that and analyzed the datastream which comes back from the server after sending some rcon command.

Pretty stupid stuiff coming bask as I found out. A lot of special hex characters which has to be filtered.

But I am not sure which rcon library to use in my c# project.

Which one do you use?

@maribel said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

How do i set time duration for every point?

Sorry guys. I am not an expert on all the server settings, the application merely writes the values you decide to the config. Please try and keep this thread to Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant related questions, suggestions and bug reports.

I would suggest asking in the Steam community server forums here. There are plenty of server admins there, who are usually willing to help.

Point,

Thank you for this tool to make life a little easier. 🙂

Is there a trick to getting the latest available maps to show in the map cycle tab? I have updated the server since the latest game update yesterday and am still only seeing the previous 3 maps in the server assistant.

@prodigyxp said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Point,

Thank you for this tool to make life a little easier. 🙂

Is there a trick to getting the latest available maps to show in the map cycle tab? I have updated the server since the latest game update yesterday and am still only seeing the previous 3 maps in the server assistant.

Yes there is...

The maplist is located in the application data folder. (usually C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SandstormServerAssistant)

• Go to the options page and open the local app data folder.
  • Replace the maps.xml file in LocalAppData\Maps folder with this one. (I haven't had a chance to test it yet, so please let me know if it works)
  • Restart the application.

Unfortunately NWI decided to rename the scenarios, so you will have to recreate any map cycles.

I have been working hard to get the next version out but the multi server support has taken longer than expected. I am still hopeful I can get it done today though.

I am also surprised that no one mentioned the server update did not work. 😲 This should be fixed in the next version. (Manual fix is to delete the '\SteamCMD\appcache\appinfo.vdf' file before checking for server updates)

last edited by Pointy

Thank you, kind sir! That worked perfectly. Much appreciated.

Hello,

Thanks for this amazin application. It works amazing. But,

I'm having problem with map cycle. I've created a map cycle only with checkpoint maps. But at the end of the round, votings showing other maps. Shouldn't it show only maps on map cycle?

0_1544359608552_9207f80f-92b3-4e77-a0d0-d39d8fa6f7aa-image.png

@khloros said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Hello,

Thanks for this amazin application. It works amazing. But,

I'm having problem with map cycle. I've created a map cycle only with checkpoint maps. But at the end of the round, votings showing other maps. Shouldn't it show only maps on map cycle?

You would think that it would only show the maps in the map cycle, but unfortunately that's not the way it is. Hopefully this will be fixed by NWI in a future server update. Also, I am not sure if you have found this, but for me it doesn't seem to run through the map cycle in the order they are listed.

Pointy,
First off thanks so much, for what I feel is a necessity for setting up a private server.

Like khloros and yourself I'm having trouble with map cycle. Being new to this, installing just yesterday I figured I made a error in loading the program but I guess that's not the case. No matter what map cycle I load Farmhouse is the first to appear (must load alphabetical only)

I'll keep and eye on this forum for any new developments.

Thanks again
Fawlty

It has taken a bit longer than I hoped but the next version will be released tomorrow. I have spent a lot of time testing the new features but I am sure i will have missed something, as some of them are not things that I would actually use. Hopefully now I have the core functionality and feature set in place , future updates will not take so long.

Major changes are...

• Multiple server support.
  • Remote Admin mode.
  • Discord bot.
  • Redesigned UI.

I will post here with the full change list, once the update is out, please try the update from within the application first, so I can see if it works correctly. (Help>Check for program updates)

Appreciate the work you are doing here to simplify server setup.
I'm having the same problems as khloros, as a matter of fact the only map that seems to run is Farmhouse Checkpoint no matter what I do. I did update to the new available maps as per (https://www.planetpointy.co.uk/downloads/SandstormServerAssistant/Maps.xml). Maybe the update will sort things out tomorrow.

Thanks again

This post is deleted!

@fawlty said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@pointy

Appreciate the work you are doing here to simplify server setup.
I'm having the same problems as khloros, as a matter of fact the only map that seems to run is Farmhouse Checkpoint no matter what I do. I did update to the new available maps as per (https://www.planetpointy.co.uk/downloads/SandstormServerAssistant/Maps.xml). Maybe the update will sort things out tomorrow.

Thanks again

If you have a map cycle configured, the application will start the server with the first scenario in the cycle. If not then it will use the scenario selected on the General Settings page. (Which by default will be the first scenario, in the maps.xml file, which just so happens to be Scenario_Farmhouse_Checkpoint_Insurgents )

Are you saying it always starts farmhouse?

Check the server command line...

0_1544531776180_commandline.PNG

It will show the scenario being loaded and the map cycle in use.

EDIT: I looked back at the v0.8.0 source and it would appear that the -MapCycle command wasn't getting passed to the server. 😳

last edited by Pointy

@Pointy .

Can you please give me information which rcon library is integrated in your tool?