Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released

@pointy

I started the Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant.exe and ran the Setup Wizard.
The Program then asks me to give the SteamCMD path and Server files path which I did.
Clicking "Next" (Validate server files box is checked) results in a "Please wait, validating server files..."
after a second or so I get an error of Microsoft .NET Framework (I try to translate because it's in german for me) saying:
"The value 170 is invalid. Value should be inbetween "minimum" and "maximum".
Parameter: Value."

In the details of this errormessage it says
"System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The value 170 is invalid. Value should be inbetween "minimum" and "maximum".
Parameter: Value.
Parametername: Value"

After that I tried it again and now the Number says 219, 321,4500,... - so it is changing each time.

***ApplicationLog.txt***

click to show

Server namein the Tab next to "New" is still marked in a red color - am I missing something?
Do I have to have your program in a special folder in the Insurgency Sandstorm server folder or anything?

Thanks for your help in advance!

last edited by beerz

@beerz

No special installation folder is required, it does not need to be in the server folder.

I cannot replicate that error here. Are you trying to download the server files and steamcmd or do you have them installed already?

If you are wanting to download and setup a server from scratch and the wizard is failing, try the manual method. There are instructions in the 'readme.txt' file.

EDIT:

If you have the server installed, can you set the paths using the browse buttons above the Setup Wizard button?

EDIT 2: I think I know where that error is coming from, can you post the steamcmd log please.

EDIT 3: I am pretty sure this is a localisation issue, does you language use a ',' instead of a '.' for floating point/decimal numbers? The steamcmd log will confirm it for me.

last edited by Pointy

@pointy

I got SteamCMD and the server installed - the SteamCMD in a folder with your program and the insurgency server in the standard steam repository. (I installed it manually before using the wizard)

@Edit 1 - Yes, I can set the paths above the Setup Wizard button

@Edit 2 - Sorry, but the button of the SteamCMD log in your program is grey 😕

@Edit 3 Yes, in Germany it is a "," for decimal numbers

Also when I try the updater.exe I get a error "*** ERROR *** Application path cannot be null or empty"
Does this also have something to do with it?

last edited by beerz

@beerz said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@pointy

I got SteamCMD and the server installed - the SteamCMD in a folder with your program and the insurgency server in the standard steam repository. (I installed it manually before using the wizard)

@Edit 1 - Yes, I can set the paths above the Setup Wizard button

@Edit 2 - Sorry, but the button of the SteamCMD log in your program is grey 😕

@Edit 3 Yes, in Germany it is a "," for decimal numbers

Also when I try the updater.exe I get a error "*** ERROR *** Application path cannot be null or empty"
Does this also have something to do with it?

If you set the paths using the browse buttons can you then start the server?

The steamcmd.log gets deleted when you start the application, you would have to run the wizard again or validate using the validate button next to the server path and then view the log.

The updater cannot be run on its own, you have to use Help>Check for program updates.

I found a couple of issues with the wizard, one being the localisation issue that I think is causing your error. I think that steamcmd is not localised, so that it prints the progress as a percentage with a period as the decimal separator, regardless of the language settings. However when I parse a string, it uses the language settings and because it is expecting a comma, ignores it and processes the whole number. So in actual fact the 170 value in your first error, should have been 1.70. The error was thrown when trying to set the progress bar percentage, which should have been between 0 and 100, hence the error. (it was probably still downloading in the background despite the error)

I am not sure if the localisation is going to cause other issues. with application. In your server's, game.ini file are the decimal values localised?

Does anyone knows what are the minimum requirements to run a dedicated server?

I have my old pc forsaken somewhere around here and was thinking about using it as a dedicated server.

@pointy

So I put all Coop Checkpoint maps in the Map Cycle, set the paths and verified the game files (with error message, but like you said maybe it is just a localisation issue)

I will start the server now and try to find it in the Server browser ingame (Do I need to change the Game or Query Port?)

And here is the SteamCMD.log you requested

***steamcmd.log***

click to show

Edit: so the program says the server is running but I can't find it in the ingame server browser 😕

last edited by beerz

@shadoware said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Does anyone knows what are the minimum requirements to run a dedicated server?

I have my old pc forsaken somewhere around here and was thinking about using it as a dedicated server.
Don't know what the min specs are but I can run a coop server on the following...

Intel i3-2100
16GB RAM
256GB SSD
Windows 10 Home

@pointy

So I put all Coop Checkpoint maps in the Map Cycle, set the paths and verified the game files (with error message, but like you said maybe it is just a localisation issue)

I will start the server now and try to find it in the Server browser ingame (Do I need to change the Game or Query Port?)

You will only need to change the ports if you have others servers running, make sure to forward the ports through your router.

@pointy
Thanks for the amount of help!!!

Should I forward them in a Range (e.g. 2xxx2 - 2xxx1) or just each on its own? (e.g. 2xxx2 on its own and 2xxx1 on its own)
Oh and as "UDP" ?! (Noob Alert)

@pointy
Thanks for the amount of help!!!

Should I forward them in a Range (e.g. 2xxx2 - 2xxx1) or just each on its own? (e.g. 2xxx2 on its own and 2xxx1 on its own)
Oh and as "UDP" ?! (Noob Alert)

I do a range as I have several different game servers running but you only need the individual ports.

I am pretty sure the query and game ports are UDP and the rcon port is TCP. (It won't hurt to do both UDP & TCP to be sure though)

Did you see my question above about the game.ini? (I am curious if it is localised or not)

@pointy Server is up and running!!! THANKS! AWESOME!
I only use one server for my friends and me, so I will leave it with the individual points by now 🙂

Where can I find the game.ini you're looking for?!

Oh and may I ask - is it possible to give the classes more points by myself?!
I can't even use a weapon with foregrip and a vest because my amount of points is really low 😞
Is there a possibility through your program?

last edited by beerz

@pointy Server is up and running!!! THANKS! AWESOME!
I only use one server for my friends and me, so I will leave it with the individual points by now 🙂

Where can I find the game.ini you're looking for?!

Oh and may I ask - is it possible to give the classes more points by myself?!
I can't even use a weapon with foregrip and a vest because my amount of points is really low 😞
Is there a possibility through your program?

game.ini is in SERVERPATH\Insurgency\Saved\Config\WindowsServer

For supply points, check the multiplayer server setting tab, right near the bottom.

@pointy

So here you got the

***game.ini***

click to show

thank you very very much! 🙂

@pointy

thank you very very much! 🙂

Thanks for looking.

unfortunately it looks like the localisation does affect the ini settings too. All your float values are 0,00 😞

I have a look at the code and see if I can fix it.

@beerz

I am assuming that unreal localises the decimal/float values. If you get a few minutes can you look in GameUserSettings.ini? (it's written by the engine when you start the server)

@Pointy Just stumbled upon this thread and many thanks for creating this!

Sorry if i seem inexperienced, but i am unable to download the server files and am unable to specify the server path as I cannot locate InsurgencyServer.exe. No issues with downloading SteamCMD.

Have tried downloading using the Manual mode and although SteamCMD states:
'Success! App '581330' fully installed', I am unable to configure the server path as the executable seems to be missing

Am I missing something? Many thanks in advance for your work and assistance!

@briantan said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@Pointy Just stumbled upon this thread and many thanks for creating this!

Sorry if i seem inexperienced, but i am unable to download the server files and am unable to specify the server path as I cannot locate InsurgencyServer.exe. No issues with downloading SteamCMD.

Have tried downloading using the Manual mode and although SteamCMD states:
'Success! App '581330' fully installed', I am unable to configure the server path as the executable seems to be missing

Am I missing something? Many thanks in advance for your work and assistance!

There are some issues with the Setup Wizard at the moment.

What do you mean 'unable to download the server files'? Do you get an error? Need more info.

If your language is not English then there is an error with the progress bar while downloading, but it will still download in the background.

If you have downloaded the server files, then the folder structure should look like the following...

0_1545394269423_Capture.png

Then all you do is browse to the folder you installed the server files to and select the exe.

@Pointy Many thanks for the quick reply. My language is English. For some reason the files are in but not the exe file. Let me attempt another redownload and see. Thanks!

@pointy said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@beerz

I am assuming that unreal localises the decimal/float values. If you get a few minutes can you look in GameUserSettings.ini? (it's written by the engine when you start the server)

***=GameUserSettings.ini***

click to show

Oh and another question 😃
How can I change the maps via the Assistant Program of yours?
Do I have to set up the RCON thingy in the program?
And is there a way to shuffle the maps automatically? Because the Map Cycle List I save is (logically) always in the same order 😕

last edited by beerz

@pointy said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@beerz

Oh and another question 😃
How can I change the maps via the Assistant Program of yours?
Do I have to set up the RCON thingy in the program?
And is there a way to shuffle the maps automatically? Because the Map Cycle List I save is (logically) always in the same order 😕

Thanks for showing me the settings, it looks like the engine ignores localisation when writing the configs.

Rcon must be enabled to use the controls on the status page.

For me, the maps never play in order anyway, but if that changes, I will add a shuffle option.

@pointy

Thanks for the hint with RCON but I wont need it because I just activated the "Vote Map" feature 🙂

Already played a few hours with friends today - thanks for your program and help!