Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released

@fawlty That's weird... I can't join via the game browser. My ports are forwarded, if not I wouldn't be able to see my dedicated server in the Online games server browser, no?

What do you mean by open port problem, pray tell?

I have just released version Alpha 0.8.2, please try the update from within the application. (First post updated with the change list.)

I have tweaked the settings again so I would suggest backing up the settings.xml file located in the application data folder, or even the whole folder before updating.

last edited by Pointy

Update worked fine @Pointy

A small issue I did find was that if you had multiple servers running at once, the player names transferred between servers

Example: Server #1 has 5 players & shows players when connected. Connect to Server #2 & it shows 2 players. Switch back to Server #1 & Server #2 player count remains & doesn't update back to the 5 players. Shows 5 players in player count but doesn't actually list them

@sawcoach said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Update worked fine @Pointy

A small issue I did find was that if you had multiple servers running at once, the player names transferred between servers

Example: Server #1 has 5 players & shows players when connected. Connect to Server #2 & it shows 2 players. Switch back to Server #1 & Server #2 player count remains & doesn't update back to the 5 players. Shows 5 players in player count but doesn't actually list them

Thanks for letting me know. That's one of the problems I have, only one server to test in on. Maybe someone is would be willing to give me access to their servers? I wouldn't need rcon access, just the query.

hey guys, can anyone point me to what i need to download to setup a server on windows?

i would like to host a simple match with friends.

Thanx for your great work.

@mart1n1 said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

hey guys, can anyone point me to what i need to download to setup a server on windows?
i would like to host a simple match with friends.

Download link is in the first post! The app will download and install the server for you, then all you have to do is configure it and forward the ports used by the server.

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys and thanks to @SAWCOACH for giving access to his servers to help track down the player list bug. I think I have it fixed, but all the Aussies have gone to sleep now, so I can't test further. Anyone else willing to help, just PM me the IP and query port of your server, I don't need rcon access.

Version Alpha 0.8.3 has now been released. Update through Help>Check for program updates.

Nothing major has changed, as I have been mainly been concentrating on improving Remote Admin Mode.
(Hopefully I haven't broken anything in Local Server Mode. 🤞 )

One new useful feature is the ability to easily backup the the application data, which contains all your settings, configs, admin lists, map cycles and map data. Simply click Options>Backup local application data, and choose a file name. (it's probably worth doing this before installing any future updates)

I have also added a GUI to edit the map data file. (Options>Map data editor) Warning: You only need to do this if new maps, scenarios or game modes are added in future server updates. See the 'readme.txt' for usage!

As always the first post has been updated with the change list and please keep the bug reports/suggestions coming.

Good work @Pointy

Great to have you putting in the effort to assist everyone 🙂

1 thing i dont understand, why are we able to warn people trough the progam but we cant see chat log, like i could just warn him when im in game... and just warn him, i rather see kind of a chat so we can see what they saying or doing, like the old insurgency

Yeah the warning is kind of useless at the moment, because it's in the same place as the normal chat and the admin text is the same color. Hopefully they will change it in future.

Does the engine log text chat? If so I could filter that out and show it somewhere.

@pointy Heyya Pointy! Thanks for all your helps and tips! Finally managed to join my own dedicated server using the connect to IP method! Works the same way for my previous CS:Source and Sven Co-op dedicated servers, for some reason, my server shows up in Internet Games, and my friends can join via Internet Games, but for myself I have to connect using LAN if I'm hosting the dedicated server on the same computer I'm using to play.

@pointy said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Version Alpha 0.8.3 has now been released. Update through Help>Check for program updates.

Nothing major has changed, as I have been mainly been concentrating on improving Remote Admin Mode.

Unfortunately I think you might have? Local Server Mode gives me "Rcon connection failed: Unknown response" when my server is started. Other than that my server runs fine and people can join and play, but Rcon doesn't work. The port I used for Rcon is forwarded (it was the default port for CS:Source and Sven Co-op in the past so it's already been forwarded for ages)

@commando-cat said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@pointy Heyya Pointy! Thanks for all your helps and tips! Finally managed to join my own dedicated server using the connect to IP method! Works the same way for my previous CS:Source and Sven Co-op dedicated servers, for some reason, my server shows up in Internet Games, and my friends can join via Internet Games, but for myself I have to connect using LAN if I'm hosting the dedicated server on the same computer I'm using to play.

Unfortunately I think you might have? Local Server Mode gives me "Rcon connection failed: Unknown response" when my server is started. Other than that my server runs fine and people can join and play, but Rcon doesn't work. The port I used for Rcon is forwarded (it was the default port for CS:Source and Sven Co-op in the past so it's already been forwarded for ages)

Rcon is working for me on my local server, port forwarding shouldn't make any difference if you are running on the same machine as it uses the local host address.

Rcon is working for me on my local server, port forwarding shouldn't make any difference if you are running on the same machine as it uses the local host address.

Ah man. I managed to get something running, and something else breaks facepalm

Ah well. No biggy. Will just shuffle maps before starting server if we want to try a different map.

Thank you for this great tool!
But I have issues starting a Server on my own.
I always get an error by NET Framework - Am I missing some settings I do have to make or is it something different?
Steam is running while validating the Server Data... could it be this?

Regards,

Max

@commando-cat said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Ah man. I managed to get something running, and something else breaks facepalm

Ah well. No biggy. Will just shuffle maps before starting server if we want to try a different map.

Have tried a different rcon port? Getting an 'Unknown response' error on connection, seems a bit odd to me. You haven't by chance set the same ports for query and rcon?

@beerz said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Thank you for this great tool!
But I have issues starting a Server on my own.
I always get an error by NET Framework - Am I missing some settings I do have to make or is it something different?
Steam is running while validating the Server Data... could it be this?

Regards,

Max

I need to bit more info. What error do you get and when do you get it? Can you post the ApplicationLog.txt?