Weighted Movement

I'm not sure if anyone else is on the same boat but the new weighted system feels so off and sluggish. I don't oppose if I am weighted down with equipment then my run and strafe speed be reduced but there's something off with the movement that makes me feel so sluggish like literally to the point where I feel like I have vsync on(I don't). Just wanted to express my thoughts on this system. Liking the game so far but I've gone stagnant with playing due to infrequent updates and such. NWI is killing it but their deadlines don't seem to be feasible currently.

Consider taking less equipment, either heavy pack or heavy armor feels slower but the movement speed and acceleration and such feels great IMO. Also consider changing your fov. Change it to 105 to feel the wind in your hair, 85 to feel like everything is the right size. If its on 70, its slow.

Even with less equipment it feels sluggish. I don't think its because the movement is too slow, it just looks slow. I feel like my character's legs are moving faster than I'm actually moving, you know?

General move speed in this game is a lot slower than in Insurgency. The much larger maps only exaggerate this problem. I would prefer a simple universal move speed increase, but some people want a slow game. So how about an acceleration stage that takes around 10 seconds to reach top speed while sprinting? It makes traversing the map less of a chore while not messing with CQB performance.

@cyoce I like this idea. This could be potentially further balanced by an increased ads from this faster sprint or something like that.

myself and a few others dont like the "skating on ice" feel when your running and strafing its quite annoying especially running into doorways

@b4ndo said in Weighted Movement:

skating on ice

Yea that's what it feels like. Good analogy.

My FOV is at 100 currently and it does feel like a "skating on ice" feeling and idk it seems very inconvenient that it would put this much of a strain on player movement. I agree it s a different game than the first Insurgency but the first one had the movement polished af. Just my .02

@b4ndo said in Weighted Movement:

myself and a few others dont like the "skating on ice" feel when your running and strafing its quite annoying especially running into doorways

My thoughts exactly. I think a better idea is to allow players with maxed weight to still be able to turn on a dime, but penalize their current move speed harder since it takes more energy to stop moving in a certain direction when you're carrying more shit.

@cyoce said in Weighted Movement:

So how about an acceleration stage that takes around 10 seconds to reach top speed while sprinting? It makes traversing the map less of a chore while not messing with CQB performance.

I second this idea, although ten seconds does seem pretty lengthy. Maybe like 5-6 seconds.

last edited by MarksmanMax

Getting to full sprint should be atleast 2 or maybe 3 seconds to reach top speed, it would also help with people starting to sprint and the animation being so weird, so theres a good transition between stationary or walking to sprinting.