-CZ SCORPION EVO III
-UMP45
-SVU
-XM1014
-SPAS-12
-M590
-HK417
great job with the game so far btw

Your list is too exotic, but that being said, i would like a MAC-10 or ppsh-41 for insurgents.

I don’t get these threads asking for more guns. Would throwing in more guns for the sake of it really do much to improve the game? Security gets the M16, M4, Mk 18, G36, and L85. Why do you need an HK416? How would that add anything?

With that said I do think this game could use more sub machine guns and machine guns, since a 249 vs a PKM doesn’t make much sense. Maybe a 240 for Security and an RPD for Insurgents?

Anyway hopefully the modding community won’t let us down. I think that for people like you who want all these guns, workshop mods are a better solution than the devs focusing on this to add guns that won’t add much to the gameplay.

Some of them are very good ideas, like the HK416, M40A5, M590 since they can be found, but some of these weapons are indeed a bit too exotic.
I'd really like to see the M107 Barrett, since it'd be a perfect weapon to kill hajis ahem insurgents behind walls, or from armored vehicles (hoping here that NWI will add vehicles like the HMMWV later on)

@Tooth-Decay a lot of ins2014 guns are going to be making their return (local play, give yourself a primary). the RPK is one of them IIRC. I will agree on the pig/PKM and SAW/RPK thing. More meaningful choices for lmg's would be nice.

And something I assume NWI is adding: choices for smg's ... or at least I hope they're adding. I'd like to see a high ROF and low ROF option for insurgents and security. the UMP needs to make a comeback security side for a low ROF option, and I think a scorpion would do well for a high ROF option for insurgents. And no, the AKS-74U does not count. It's the insurgent version of the Mk. 18

@tooth-decay Just variety. Even if it doesn't change much in terms of how the weapons perform, it's still nice to have numerous different models and sounds. People usually bond with only a few weapons because of how they look, feel, and sound. Adding more options means more variety, longevity, and helps to find that one weapon you're in love with.

That being said, I agree with @VengefulMosquito in that this list is quite exotic.

I'd personally really enjoy those for the insurgent team, if I may propose something myself :

VZ Scorpion
alt text

Any double barrel shotty (with a buttstock or not, idc) :
alt text

I think they lack exclusive weapons. Security have all the guns, Insurgents only have some that also happen to be found in Security arsenal. That's a bit sad and makes playing Insurgents less special compared to Security.

Insurgents need an MG42/MG3. Security needs an M240b. That gives each side a high-ROF and a high power option.

Security needs an MG36 with Beta-C's to offset the upcoming RPD. MG36 is easy to implement as the G36K already exists, it's minimal additional modelling.

Skorpion to offset MP7 and UMP to offset the Uzi would be incredible.

L85, M4, M16, AK74, AK47 and SKS need bayonets / need their bayonet to be usable.

Both sides need a magazine fed bolt action sniper rifle.

Benelli M4 would be absolutely amazing for Breacher (if around 8 points to buy to offset the fact that it'd be awesome).

Milkor MGL/RG-6 as a primary for demolitions would be really interesting too.

SPG-9 on a technical would be an absolute game changer and be utterly fucking awesome.

alt text
alt text

I don't really see how any of the other suggestions really add to gameplay. I agree with the general idea that people like to find a gun they fall in love with and having multiple guns doing almost the same thing isn't a negative, but ultimately we need to remind ourselves every gun added takes labour, that labour has cost. That cost could've been spent on something which added to gameplay.

Also I think the FAL, Alpha AK, Uzi, M16A2 and AK74 variants need to be insurgent only. Both sides having the G3/AKM makes reasonable sense, but every other gun should be one-or-the-other so whichever role you're playing feels like you're playing it. More importantly, you can identify friendly/enemy fire much easier that way.

last edited by Whitby

FN five-seveN
Desert Eagle .50AE

Hardly any of these weapons are too exotic, most are quite common around the world. Really only two are too obscure and unsuited to the game:

-GOL MAGNUM
-MSR

Many on the list are too redundant and would be extremely similar to weapons already in the game:

-HK416
-HK417
-M40A5
-M590
-AK-12
-STEYR AUG

We really don't need more assault rifles, at least not right now. But one category that's currently sorely lacking is SMGs. The MP-X and Scorpion Evo are pretty similar to each other, I don't think we need both. But a Vz.61 Scorpion would be fantastic on the insurgents side.

-MPX
-CZ SCORPION EVO III
-UMP45

We also badly need more options for shotguns. The SPAS-12 is becoming less common, but is still used all over the world. The M-1014 (it's not an experimental weapon anymore) is an obvious choice given it's standard issued by the US military.

-XM1014
-SPAS-12

We also need more marksman rifles. These are both good choices for the insurgents side, For security add the Mk.20 SSR or M-110. Maybe an SR-25K to balance out the SVU?

-SVU
-AS VAL

We also badly need more choices for LMGs. The RPK is in the game, just not selectable, the M-240 would be an obvious choice on security side. The MG-36 was largely a failure and is no longer in use, and Beta C-Mags are jam-happy piles of shit.

@yabrakprods I want a VSS too, although the ASVAL is pretty similar.

@whitby Btw, its only on coop, where you get the two team's guns, on PVP youre stuck to your team's weapons, but in my opinion that should also happen in COOP just like in source, where playing as the insurgents was different from the security because of the weapons you could get.

@whitby Btw, Mikee on Reddit teased an M240B so you might be in luck.

@freedn said in A List Of Guns I Would Like To Be Added:

@whitby Btw, its only on coop, where you get the two team's guns, on PVP youre stuck to your team's weapons, but in my opinion that should also happen in COOP just like in source, where playing as the insurgents was different from the security because of the weapons you could get.

I think it's weird too that as an Insurgent Gunner I can use an M249. I think it should be more team-specific. Maybe the reason you can use weapons on both teams is so you don't feel like you're super limited on choices, as there really aren't that many weapons in Sandstorm atm, especially for some classes like Gunner / Marksman.

@marksmanmax Man i want the galil rn, even if its in the console.

@marksmanmax Man i want the galil rn, even if its in the console.

I feel like that's gonna be added as well, but who knows.

I also just learned that there's apparently a Slav Insurgent character now lmao. SS is gonna feel like EFT tomorrow.

@marksmanmax Oh yeah, i did a translate and the voice pack is gonna be called Mercenary, finally my insurgent can be a slav like i always wanted him to be, i only wish you could adjust the deepness of voices, like with a slider to add more variety.

@marksmanmax Oh yeah, i did a translate and the voice pack is gonna be called Mercenary, finally my insurgent can be a slav like i always wanted him to be, i only wish you could adjust the deepness of voices, like with a slider to add more variety.

Mercenary? Damn, that's fuckin metal.

@marksmanmax Yeah, the other thing i wish they added is a voice pack for black folk, hearing them talk with the same voice as white guys is really strange.

@marksmanmax Yeah, the other thing i wish they added is a voice pack for black folk, hearing them talk with the same voice as white guys is really strange.

Yeah, I get it lmao. I know that someone in DoI was voiced by one.

And also idk what they could do to fix the faces, the black ones with a full beard look horrible, like they're homeless or something. Edit: Also different hair styles for them would be nice, its kinda funny seeing a black dude running around with a white man's hair, it just looks weird.

last edited by FreedN