No votekick in release?

Havent given feedback for some time. Just really enjoyed playing the game 🙂
BUT: This game needs a tutorial and votekick/ ban.
I just heard that theres is NOT going to be a vote kick system. If that is true, then I am definitely finding a new game to play. With a full time job and being a dad I dont have time to waste on Afk´s and toxic people etc.
And it takes new players way too long to get the game and know the modes. Really hope both will get added.
Great game otherwise!!

Hi there,

This was answered in the Insurgency AMA:

"We're concerned about including a vote kick/vote ban system. We had one in Insurgency 2014 and we deliberately did not include it in Sandstorm because it was open to abuse. Interestingly, Ground Branch just yesterday announced they removed votekicking for the same reason. However, we recognize that some players have been running into griefers and have had some pretty frustrating experiences. So we've updated the teamkilling system to work where after your first teamkill it starts to reflects team damage. Fire Support teamkills are omitted from this though and work under the normal three teamkills and you're kicked." Link

@iyagovos *
Yeah, pretty much same response you gave bigfry I see.
But teamkillers arent the real issue here. Its the afk´s and the toxic people. And I´d rather experience abuse once in a while than wasting my time on afk´s and assholes. And as he said, ground branch cant be compared. And the missing map vote system?? Its really downhill...
Its some of the things I loved from Ins2 2014. All this time I have been looking forward to votekick and map voting. Im not sure what to think of it to be honest. But I dont like it.
With that said, rest of the game rocks! Big fan..

Yeah, I don't have much more to say on top of what the team themselves have already said. I'll pass on your concerns about AFKers and toxicity 🙂

Isn't there an AFK timer? I seem to recall being kicked after 2.5 minutes idle before, but that was a few patches ago.

Which system is actually more vulnerable for abuse? A system WITHOUT votekick, or system WITH votekick. This is something I dont really agree with the developers.

I have never experienced an abuse of the system in INS2 personally. Are you absolutely sure that there is data confirming the votekick system in INS2 had more negative effects than it had positive effects?

@maa_bunny There is an AFK timer, which as far as I'm aware, can be modified by server owners as well.

@iyagovos I have to agree with @jensiii here as I just cannot ever recall being abused by the vote kick system in Insurgency 2014. Not saying it never happened (sometime these things do and it’s unfortunate) but I just can’t see how it would do more harm than good.

@maa_bunny There most certainly is a AFK timer I have been kicked a couple of times by it from having to answer the door/phone/bowels lol.

Allright lets do some math.

Votekick trolling takes the majority of a team to pull off. In addition to this, it is one way of trolling.

Meanwhile, there are probably thousands of ways to troll without using vote kick and it only takes one semi creative player. Here are some potential things I can think of or have witnessed: mic spamming, not playing the objective on purpose, hiding for the entire game in the corner of the map, jumping in front of teammates guns, shooting your teammate just enough to get them to shoot back and kill you so they get booted, playing observer then running off from commander and telling everyone to fuck off.

LETS TAKE SCORE:

Vote kick trolling: 1

Any other form of non-TK related griefing: 5 (that I can think of off the top of my head, probably +100 if we sat here and brainstormed)

RISK VS REWARD:

Which do you think carries the most risk and liability, based on numbers alone? Based purely on logical deduction, emotions aside; the answer is painfully obvious.

Eventually people are going to be demanding that some sort of votekick system exist. It's a statistic inevitability. It would be exponentially and strategically more wise to address it now before the community starts lashing out and/or leaving. Because when the community starts growing, these issues will compound in tandum.

last edited by Dark1202

I agree wholeheartedly, while the team believes votekick can be abused, you know what else can be abused? Taking commander and purposely wasting/teamkilling with cal-ins, spamming racist garbage on voicechat, teamkilling, damaging teammates, killing the team vehicle, and the other billion ways somewone can think of to greif teammates and just be an asshole in general. Votekick is such an essential component to a game like this, and I struggle to reccomend this game to others if its missing such a core feature.

NWI Developers - not votekick and quickmatch only may be the death of this game. Please bring these options in ASAP.

@jensiii said in No votekick in release?:

I have never experienced an abuse of the system in INS2 personally. Are you absolutely sure that there is data confirming the votekick system in INS2 had more negative effects than it had positive effects?

I definitely have experienced this before. I joined a random coop game and within seconds there was a vote to kick me off the server.

On another server, I believe there were a few people deliberately votekicking others off the server.

@aslan14 You can already join custom servers with the server browser.

I definitely have experienced this before. I joined a random coop game and within seconds there was a vote to kick me off the server.

On another server, I believe there were a few people deliberately votekicking others off the server.

that's not data. That's anecdotal.

+1
Griefers always find a way around the ingame systems. we need control. Period.

@dark1202 To be fair, I'd rather not record me raging at some assholes who votekick me off a server for no reason.

There really isn't a reason not to believe him, anyway. What does he get for lying?

@marksmanmax said in No votekick in release?:

@dark1202 To be fair, I'd rather not record me raging at some assholes who votekick me off a server for no reason.

There really isn't a reason not to believe him, anyway. What does he get for lying?

yeah. recording a person is still anecdotal. It's a personal account based on a single person's experience.

Compiling a list of reported vote kick trolling incidents in addition to the number of occurrences of non-vote kick griefing from a randomized sample group of multiple players would be data.

@dark1202 You’re asking for data that obviously wouldn’t exist and then using their lack of data to prove them wrong. Who is going to compile a list of every vote kick and whether it was justified or not? When was that last time you saw somebody do that on here? What you’re doing can be used to discredit just about anything on this forum. It’s an incredibly frustrating argument and I think you know what you’re doing.

And and why are you trying to discredit him in the first place? Do you think he’s lying? Are you just trying to be argumentative for the sake of it? Do you realize that you made a post describing the benefits and consequences of a vote kick where you made up numbers without any of the type of data you described?

@tooth-decay I'm defining the difference between data and anecdote. Nothing more, nothing less.

No where did I claim that my post was based on "data" by the definitive term. It's speculation. If you have a specific issue with the fact that my deductions are not based on actual data, I have no problem with that. It's perfectly acceptable argument to make.

If the devs haven't compiled and measured actual data, then they should. I think that's a great idea. Though through very simple deduction (granted, speculation) I'm fairly confident what the results would be.

last edited by Dark1202