Please find below a list of things you should first check when launching the game this evening, as well as known issues.
Please keep in mind that this is an actual Beta and we'd love to hear your feedback about the game. Don't expect an entirely polished experience as we're still working on ironing out technical issues and balancing.
Before you launch the game for the first time
If you have previously played Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, please ensure that you delete any files located in your AppData folder (please note AppData is a hidden folder):
When you launch the game for the first time
When you launch the game for the first time, we recommend taking a look at the following settings
In the graphical settings menu:
- We recommend to setting V-sync to: ON
- Resolution Scale should be at 100% by default
- Anti-aliasing is recommended to be set to Temporal AA by default
- Sharpen Image is recommended to be set at 60% by default
- Gamma is recommended to be set to 2.2 by default
In the audio settings menu:
All the audio settings should be at 100% by default
In the key bindings menu:
The game detects QWERTY properly in our tests, it is good to verify that you are in QWERTY by default
Known Issue List
Launching the game
If you are using Windows 10 and Fullscreen display mode, there is a possibility that the display will be corrupted with green flashes.
This is an NVIDIA-GPU issue sometimes with Unreal Engine Games.
Fix: Please use windowed or border-less window display to avoid the issue
We have noticed an issue on the first launch of the game with some anti-virus programs (such as Avast) The issue will only appear at first launch and we recommend rebooting the game if you encounter an issue upon launch.
If the game crashes at launch, delete your local folder in AppData and verify game file integrity on Steam.
Do not change your local files or that could create issues with the Anti-Cheat system
There are several known issues with the texts displayed in-game
- Some texts start with an asterisk at the beginning
- Rarely, some text is missing
- Values are sometimes not properly displayed and will look like a localization key
- Cutscenes can sometimes look laggy, especially with V-sync deactivated
- Subtitles in the first cutscene of the game are slightly off timing at the end
- Icons in the tooltips (such as Lance_Icon) are not displayed
- There are text issues in the prologue
- It is possible to block the game at the end of prologue mission 2 if you destroy the Blackstone Fortress before the end of the dialogue
- The Blackstone Fortress can be mutiny
- In the Interactive Cutscene at the End of the Prologue, the timing of some sound design and voice over does not line up correctly with visual events
- Very rare possible crash in the interactive cutscene
- You cannot save during the Prologue between the two missions
- If you game over during the tutorial, do not press “load last save” or it will make your game crash
- If you are sent back to the main menu after a bit of time in the battle menu, please verify the integrity of your files on Steam to fix the issue (this is linked to the Anti-Cheat)
- In the battle menu, there is no tooltip over the locked skills and upgrades
You must play in ranked to unlock them properly
- In the battle menu, it is possible to see some issues with portraits not updating properly
- In a battle, the keybinding shortcuts are all displayed as “A”
- If you pause the game in battle, the FX will be displayed wrongly
- The Tyranids skill Speedy Recovery has the wrong FX and SFX played
- You can see a fire inside the Tyranid ships after a deck critical or on lateral weaponry
- In the battle menu, you can select two extra ork weaponry and they will overlap in game (only unlocked at the higher Ork ranks)
- There are possible issues in the matchmaking
- If one of the players closes their game or internet connection during the loading of a game, it blocks the other
- In some rare cases the matchmaking will not start properly
- The game is peer-to-peer based in multiplayer, the host does not run into specific issues, but the guests can have some display issues
- In large multiplayer battles the guest can rarely experience graphical desynchronization
- In multiplayer, the guest sees the ships explosion duplicated at the center of the map
- In multiplayer, the disconnect issue pop-up are placeholder from BFG1
- In multiplayer, the guest can sometimes not see the disengage bar filling itself
- It is possible to select to select both an ally ship and an enemy ship at the same time
- There are some specific skill interactions that will not work as intended
- The game is not crash-free, but we are not running into them too often
- Most crashes observed are from memory issues
- The confine Mouse Cursor does not work properly
- The dynamic resolution is not fully functional
- In-game performance is not final
- There are some freezes linked to UI display (for example: Custom Fleet Panel will take a few seconds to load up)
As stated above, please remember that this is a Beta, and that you should expect instability and crashes. Please make sure that you report any issues that you encounter, as that is the best way to make us aware of something that needs fixing. These forums are the best place to do so.
Thanks, and have fun!
The Focus Home and Tindalos teams.