[Not a bug] Gamebreaking Feature

So after finishing the prologue I loaded up a skirmish against a medium level bot. After selecting my ships and starting the battle , before even getting to get upfront and personal with the enemy ships , one of my battlecruisers completley lost it's entire crew to boarding torpedoes so my fleet was in complete dissadvantage from the very start of the round. I don't know if this was intentional or not but I really hope it wasn't.

last edited by Focus_Camille

@alpha_25 That's just you getting hit by boarding torpedoes. You're supposed to avoid them/shoot them down.

Something I have started doing is start all of your ships in either "Running Silent" so they can't be targeted or "Brace for Impact" to double the effectiveness of your defence turrets. Then change the stance once you get into firing range.

I didn't say it's a bug and I find it overwhelminghly unfair that a battle cruiser can be taken down within 20 seconds from the start of the round. I understand the ideea of boarding torpedos , they were in 1 aswell but Signal Seeking Boarding Torpedos is a bit overpowered in my opinion. No , not even ship , just the signal

I personally also find that boarding is way to overpowered currently. Never mind the fact that a few fleets pretty much specialize in it (SM, Nids, Orks) and the fun is just going to increase!

Having defensive carriers is mandatory or you can kiss ships goodbye for each volley that they fire. Oh, and then you have to hope that those fighters actually take down those incoming ordnance, often I find they just completly ignore it 😑

@alpha_25
he mentioned that its not a bug because technical is for bug reports and technical issues
if you want to give opinions about boarding torps somehow being too strong because you boost without consideration, dont use any stances and have a spread out formation without overlapping defensive turrets
its best you do that in general part of the forum

@demoulius
on another note, boarding is not op now, it does two crits if you get hulked, one temporary and one permanent
you can just recrew the ship and you will have lost nothing and your ship is now immune from crits fron boarding
your ship wont suffer any other noticable negative effects, a firing speed decrease so low you would have to check stats to even see it and thats it
all those boarding torp charges are undone by a single lightning strike

and for defending vs torps... dont boost because boarding torps need a revealed target, keep a close formation so that defensive turrets overlap and use stances
now they will never hit you

fighter intercept range while en route is small, you need to aim them precise or aim in front of the things you intercept so they deploy and start patrolling at which point their engagement range is huge, or you can launch them at the ship you fear will be targeted by the torps, they will then patrol the ship, have a large engagement range and follow your ship as it moves

but again, best in general, as you would have gotten this info far faster over there

last edited by Ashardalon

@ashardalon said in [Not a bug] Gamebreaking Feature:

@alpha_25
he mentioned that its not a bug because technical is for bug reports and technical issues
if you want to give opinions about boarding torps somehow being too strong because you boost without consideration, dont use any stances and have a spread out formation without overlapping defensive turrets
its best you do that in general part of the forum

@demoulius
on another note, boarding is not op now, it does two crits if you get hulked, one temporary and one permanent
you can just recrew the ship and you will have lost nothing and your ship is now immune from crits fron boarding
your ship wont suffer any other noticable negative effects, a firing speed decrease so low you would have to check stats to even see it and thats it
all those boarding torp charges are undone by a single lightning strike

and for defending vs torps... dont boost because boarding torps need a revealed target, keep a close formation so that defensive turrets overlap and use stances
now they will never hit you

fighter intercept range while en route is small, you need to aim them precise or aim in front of the things you intercept so they deploy and start patrolling at which point their engagement range is huge, or you can launch them at the ship you fear will be targeted by the torps, they will then patrol the ship, have a large engagement range and follow your ship as it moves

but again, best in general, as you would have gotten this info far faster over there

Ok, first of all I NEVER boost my ships to reveal myself with boosting. But heres the kicker. You can send you ordnance after radar blips. Thats right ordnance can be fired at things that you arent even sure of if they are ships....

Massing turrets does very little against more then 1 ordnance blip and ive had 6 cruisers massed and seen a wave of 3 ordnance have 2 of them arriving hulking a ship. Im not sure what stance is supposed to help against ordnance though? I cant stealth up if thats what you mean

Are you even playing the same game I am though? If I get hit by an assault boat with my IN it takes over half of their crew off. They get hit twice they are hulked. I also aim my fighers infront of incoming ordnance but often they still fly past them if I dont factor in the correct angle. Heck ive seen fighters fly THROUGH enemy attack boats/bombers and not do anything!

Having a carrier around to recrew a ship also does little considering they only gain 1 measly crew point and you cant reinforce their crew afterwards.... Sure technicly they are recrewed but they are so vunerable after that you might as well not bother as it also takes 1 of your assault boat.

While not a technical issues it IS feedback, so I think this goes here just fine? Unless we should post feedback in the general forums but that seems odd to me...

@demoulius

one of my battlecruisers completley lost it's entire crew to boarding torpedoes

a battle cruiser can be taken down within 20 seconds from the start of the round

1 the boosting was a reply to torps and
0_1544183266227_20181207124709_1.jpg
that is impossible is the reply you get when clicking with boarding torps at a target, just like i said, it cant do anything until you boost unnecessarily

brace is the stance that makes you immume to ordnance
as i am playing the game where i have read the tooltips of
and even if you do get hulked you wait til the torps are done arriving and do a single lightning strike, now you are immune to boarding crits and can always refill again
you have more charges to refill then they have to empty and the only thing you lose is 20% firerate wich still leaves you massively outgunning marines
but im sure you know better how ordnance works since im only getting close to my 300th hour in this game

fighter intercept range while en route is small, you need to aim them precise or aim in front of the things you intercept so they deploy and start patrolling at which point their engagement range is huge

did i tell you to aim infront, or did i tell you to aim infront enough so that they get time to deploy
or did you read that sentence as accurately as you read 0_1544183630125_20181207125256_1.jpg

RECREWING DOES NOTHING BAD TO YOUR SHIP AND MAKES IT IMMUNE TO BOARDING CRITS
how is that hard to understand, its mentioned in the tutorial/prologue
reduced to yellow: temp crit and -10% firerate
reduced to red:perma crit and a measly -20% total firerate
reduced to hulk: NOTHING! IT DOES NOTHING!!

you really think its easier to kill a crew then to fill a crew
nids dont even have lightning strike
your imps have 6 charges to recrew they have 3 to kill

boarding is pathetic currently and thats coming from someone who actually knows the systems and its counters

and yes feedback goes in general as its not technical
this is not the feedback tread, its the technical tread

You do know ordnance is more then boarding torps right?

Brace makes you far from immume to torps or any ordnance for that matter. it makes your turrets better, yeah but you are far from invunerable to them. Concentrated attacks will get through and fuck your ship over.

I can aim my fighters perfectly fine tyvm but if they flat out ignore the things that I send them out to intercept then they have fairly little value now do they? It might be a lag issue or something though as my opponent had a potato computer and the game was turning into a slideshow.

As for the thread going there or not. Its a technical FEEDBACK part of the forums. General is just that, general. You can post most things there and be alright. Unless they also make a general feedback part of the forums where things need to be posted is kind of in the middle.

But whatever you gave your opinion and I gave mine. Il leave it at that.

@demoulius
actually it does, 2 ships with brace on in 2k from eachother can kill every ordnance that gets even close
i have never had assault boats reach my ship using this, it just doesnt happen
only thing that might reach are interceptors, but not long enough to damage a single turret
you know interceptors the triangles, the only ordnance necrons have
they dont have assault boats, just in case you missed that

if they ignored them you didnt aim them right
you aimed them too far
you are supposed to place them so they deploy and start to circle before the enemy ordnance arrives
this gives them an engagement range of 9+k and even you shouldnt be able to miss with that
first learn to acknowledge your incompetence, then you can learn, then you can make ridiculously stupid claims like "boarding and ordnance is too strong"

also boarding doesnt fuck anything over, its a attack rate decrease of 20% at worst
thats nothing, nothing at all even if you are incompetent enough to let it happen

last edited by Ashardalon

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.