You guys still havnt removed AP munitions?

Quite suprised that the devs still havnt removed this upgrade. It makes the armor mechanic a completly redundant feature in this game and ultimatly will cause balance issues for ceetain factions. Please look at it devs... It was flawed in the first game.... Its still flawed in this game.

@canned_f3tus Lmao You've clearly not played enough. Nobody who has thinks it's an issue.

last edited by Solaire

@solaire said in You guys still havnt removed AP munitions?:

@canned_f3tus Lmao You've clearly not played enough. Nobody who has thinks it's an issue.

Played since the first BFGA. Im still waiting for you to prove me wrong. Because im pretty sure those that mentioned the flaw are not playing BFGA anymore. So I will be waiting ;]. In the mean time i will mention why i think macro ap shells are a design flaw.

Point 1. AP rounds will influence high armored factions especially Space marines making their greatest advantage pointless and forcing them into niche roles because they cant trade anymore. Does the whole sit in a corner and spam boarding torpedos sound familiar to you?

Point 2. What is the point of using lance batteries when you can just use macro batteries with ap upgrade. They are cheaper and deal more alpha. This will result in less need in adopting a varied fleet set up to deal with multiple threats.

I don't understand why -25% damage reduction at 4.500 range is a problem for you? did I miss something?

@canned_f3tus Really not an issue in this game with the increased range on everything. You have to get far too close for it to really be worth it in most cases. Stealth Dauntless though, its not a terrible idea.

@caliger_reborn said in You guys still havnt removed AP munitions?:

@canned_f3tus Really not an issue in this game with the increased range on everything. You have to get far too close for it to really be worth it in most cases. Stealth Dauntless though, its not a terrible idea.

I just remember AP from the old days thats all and got tilted. 😃

Maybe you are right but i still think it will present the game with some issues.

@canned_f3tus The best build with AP shells that I’m aware of is full Lance Dauntless running Silent Running.
Although, now that Ordance is relevant again, point black torps+Power Ram seems very tempting with stealth CLs.

last edited by CALiGeR_Reborn

Everything else is either too slow or too squishy to make much use of it. Would rarther fire from range, or don’t have a choice in the matter.

Notably exception is against Necrons, where it is worth it, absolutely.

@canned_f3tus Most people don't even run the upgrade. I agree with you on how it was aids originally, before it was tweaked to -25 instead of to 25, but it's really not aids in 2. There are usually far better options, and most battles dont even take place in the 4.5k range.

last edited by Solaire

75% dps increase against medium armor seems pretty mandatory for me. 147% against heavy armor is even better, lances can't compete with that output.

last edited by Origin

Yeah, your DPS will be great inside 4.5k with -25 armor macros. But in most matchups it will never be relevant.

Against chaos, corsairs, craftworld, or deldar, you'll probably never be inside 4.5k and if you are you'll win anyway. Against IN, admech, tau merchant, or tau protector, a good player will see you have AP (and probably short range macro ships to go with it) and keep distance (with their likely longer ranged fleet, not many people are bringing 4.5k builds). Against nids and orks, YOU probably don't want to be spending a lot of time inside 4.5k range even with this upgrade, although given that the fight is likely going to end up there whether you like it or not, the upgrade may help tip the scales in your favor. Against space marines, it should absolutely ruin them, but you shouldn't need an upgrade to beat space marines as any other faction...

That said, it's an amazing upgrade on LC cheese fleets like 10 Dauntless, that run silent and then suddenly appear 4.5k from an isolated ship and eat it alive.

It just makes a strong suit for the imps stronger instead of taking an upgrade which fills in their weaknesses.

It's a situational upgrade.
Do keep in mind thew BFG1 Is a completely different game to 2, stuff like AP ammo and Tau aren't op in 2 simply because they were strong in 1 XD

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.