Things I hope are fixed in the release version

I think it would be good to give you two options for skirmish as well as multiplayer. First is admiral development with better ship customization, crew development and so on and second is pretty much what we have right now, because it's quicker, you can just pick any ship you like based on provided stats and start playing without waiting time on customuzing each one. Moreover Impact of factions must be stronger, not just colour

@canned_f3tus said in Things I hope are fixed in the release version:

I agree partially

Sub factions do feel redundant and are not unique or even skinned. But i do like the stream lined costumization. Its healthier for multi player. Too much costumization is what killed the last game.

About the variety in ships im afraid thats how its always been for BFGA and thats how it is in the lore. The ships by class all performed roughly the same.

The devs got to be really careful with how they proceed especially with things like balance. I think they are doing an ok job. And have made some nice compromises.

The combat in this game feels miles better than the mess that was BFGA 1.

THe deep customization is what made me PLAY the last game.. I already feel that I wasted my money because of its removal 😞

I miss the customisation but the most annoying thing is how you have to select the Fleet perks each and every match rather than adding them as part of your saved 'builds'.

IMHO the customisation wasent what killed the previous game. Infact it was what attracted alot of players (at least initially, dont know if they stayed for the long run)

Some poor design choices made it highly favourable for the higher lvl player though. Some balance options like adding points ontop of higher lvl ships or have upgrades make ships more expensive would have easily fixed that. Well that and better faction balancing 😑

I dont see why giving the players the option to do either isent added?

does anyone really think that tindalos has the manpower or reasorces to keep the MP side of this game maintained? I mean most RTS games that you can point to with good MP retention are either moddable, have a major developer behind them or/and have much less to balance by way of factions and units. (and control over their own lore.)

@tiago_stein they made some good compromises imo. The game is more focused on the strategical level. Give the game a chance because i see some vast improvments over the old game with this one because things like stasis bomb spam dont exist anymore. The overal pace of the game is just more enjoyable than the last one.

@imptastic i think with the current model they have. I believe they can manage it. It will never be perfect balance. But this game blows the last game away game design wise.

@demoulius. You cant have over the top fleet costumization and balance in the same game. Not doable. You act like its easy to balance a game with so many dials and nobs. Its not that easy man.
And guess why faction balance was impossible to achieve? I can tell you it has to do with fleet costumization as well but also other factors. Just look at what it did with the orks 😃 tractor beam spam, zap spam, nova cannon spam..

Fleet costumization attracted players to the game initially but it was the bad balance (partially because of costumization) that turned alot of people away. Not just that but ultimatly most upgrades were redundant because you had your meta picks. The meta was so strict in BFGA the game was decided based on what upgrades you took.

last edited by CANNED_F3TUS

@canned_f3tus blizzard couldnt even keep SC balanced and they have tons more staff and experience with not even half the variables.... im not saying its impossible but the odds are not in its favor.

last edited by imptastic

@CANNED_F3TUS The only way to get true balance is if each player plays the same faction. Which is just straight up boring 🤣

The upgrades could be easily fixed by adding a point cost to them. Is the same upgrade OP for a certain faction? Increase its point cost. A ship will only get marginal benefit from an ability? Lower the cost.

Take a Dictator and a Dominator for example. Both have macro batteries. Albeit the Dominator has twice as many of them. Giving the AP upgrade to the Dominator has twice the impact that it does compared to the same upgrade on the Dictator. So make it more expensive on the Dominator then on the Dictator.

Not that hard of a solution if you ask me. Also it would giver higher level admirals a choice between having fewer upgraded ships or having more unupgraded ships. Lvl 10 ships costing the same as a lvl 1 ship, and a niche game with a horrible new player experience is imho the reason why the previous game just died after a while. Well that and certain factions just beeing ALOT stronger then they should be 😑

@demoulius said in Things I hope are fixed in the release version:

@CANNED_F3TUS The only way to get true balance is if each player plays the same faction. Which is just straight up boring 🤣

The upgrades could be easily fixed by adding a point cost to them. Is the same upgrade OP for a certain faction? Increase its point cost. A ship will only get marginal benefit from an ability? Lower the cost.

Take a Dictator and a Dominator for example. Both have macro batteries. Albeit the Dominator has twice as many of them. Giving the AP upgrade to the Dominator has twice the impact that it does compared to the same upgrade on the Dictator. So make it more expensive on the Dominator then on the Dictator.

Not that hard of a solution if you ask me. Also it would giver higher level admirals a choice between having fewer upgraded ships or having more unupgraded ships. Lvl 10 ships costing the same as a lvl 1 ship, and a niche game with a horrible new player experience is imho the reason why the previous game just died after a while. Well that and certain factions just beeing ALOT stronger then they should be 😑

I never said perfect or true balance is achievable 😉 but its easier to manage if you reduce the amount of things you need to balance. Again you dont understand that managing everything with point cost is simply too damn difficult. With the amount of upgrades, factions, ships, abilities to dial points on. We are talking 200+ things to balance buddy. Good luck balancing that. Any serious RTS dev will laugh you out of the room when you tell them its easy. xD

@imptastic said in Things I hope are fixed in the release version:

@canned_f3tus blizzard couldnt even keep SC balanced and they have tons more staff and experience with not even half the variables.... im not saying its impossible but the odds are not in its favor.

ixD i beg to differ. SC 1 and 2 are far better in the balance department than any RTS game i have ever played. It took blizzard a long time to achieve that though. If SC wouldnt be in good shape balance wise the esport scene wouldnt exist.

@canned_f3tus thats my point look at the resources and conditions blizzard had to work on that game vs this one... and if you get into the nitty gritty of the esports you can still find lopsided results and its the closest to balance an rts has ever got that wasnt single faction.

OMG you honestly scared me with the C.S. Goto part!

At the same time its already clear that some features will be problematic (warp jump on already high mobility factions / perma stealth (in fact all perma stances without a way to break them without a lucky deck crit) / factions relying on ordnances/assaults with imited ammo...) and they don t need a huge team to be balanced before release

I miss the old customisation too, and some fleets like Admech and Crons do seem underdone, epsecially considering how much the NIDS and Dork Eldar got in the game.

And Space marines SUCK.

Dont forget though that in Campaign you will play all 3 imperial Factions together. Its just for MP that they are seperate.

Necrons could be a problem in their campaign. But then again Starpulse stuff will make you win against AI . Period.

Tyranids have lots of options, i just dont get them.

@imperator said in Things I hope are fixed in the release version:

I miss the old customisation too, and some fleets like Admech and Crons do seem underdone, epsecially considering how much the NIDS and Dork Eldar got in the game.

And Space marines SUCK.

God, the AdMec especially... They may as well just have been a skin option for the Imperial Navy... That was depressing, because they're one of my favourite factions in 40K (Even if they aren't as cool as the Dark Mechanicus).

Also, yeah, Space Marines need a gift from the Emperor to become even average.

Yeah, their ships got 1 lance battery and novas instead of torpedoes.

That's it. I was hoping for new weapons, that are better/more accurate/do more damage/have longer range etc than the regular imperial ones.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.