Tau and Elder factions there are four should be two

they should just combine the two elder factions together and the same from tau while I haven't played with them yet i was looking around at there ships and the elder really seem like they could use that. maybe I don't know what i'm talking about but those factions seem rather weak (more talking about elder than tau at this point) and to be honest it seems like needless padding to game that already has way more factions than any strat game i can think of at release. The Craft world elder ships look pretty useless to me as a standalone faction, though i will try them out to be fair but from one i can see what the point?

@amerial said in Tau and Elder factions there are four should be two:

they should just combine the two elder factions together and the same from tau while I haven't played with them yet i was looking around at there ships and the elder really seem like they could use that. maybe I don't know what i'm talking about but those factions seem rather weak (more talking about elder than tau at this point) and to be honest it seems like needless padding to game that already has way more factions than any strat game i can think of at release. The Craft world elder ships look pretty useless to me as a standalone faction, though i will try them out to be fair but from one i can see what the point?

I don't disagree that the two of each play needlessly similar to one another, though I disagree with your proposed solution. The answer isn't to give up and make them the same thing, the answer is to actually make them different from one another. Make the Corsairs quick, and maybe let them get an advantage for raiding enemy ships (Perhaps it should boost their morale to do so, or replenish their troops). Give the Craftworlders stronger and more expensive capital ships, but make them basically reliant on their admiral ship. Keep the Protector Tau as they are right now, but strip away all their Auxiliary options. Keep the Merchant Tau as they are, but limit them to one Auxiliary per Tau ship.

@romeo I agree with you but i was taking into account the amount of time left more the game launches and the craft world elders highest tier ship is like a battle cruiser there ships are fast but die quick. I'm just not sure that can put enough damage down range fast enough before they start dieing. So unless either they have ship models ready to go or they have a damage buff or something i don't see what the point of them being when everyone's most likely just going to play raiders.

troop replenish is already a deldar thing, its called slavery and corsairs dont do it

also craftworlders are some of the tankiest ships in the game, think you are playing them wrong

They have totally difference ships and playstyles lmao.

after looking into this futher and playing a couple of games with both I wouldn't say that their play-style is totally different they very much do play the same its just the craft world elder need less micro also they have pretty good damage so its not bad but i still think having the highest tier ship be a battle cruiser might hurt them on the a sort of grand scale so to speak.

Craftworld macro / torp cruisers are actually one of the strongest fleets in the game, up there with lance chaos. They're great kiters, tanky, and do good damage.

Contrast with Corsairs, which are basically the same thing but way less tanky. They're pretty much strictly worse than craftworld in 1v1. In 2v2 they are still worse, but with something sturdier in front to tank, and the admiral range upgrade on a voidstalker, they're at least fun to play. Personally I think Corsairs need some big damage buffs, especially on pulsars, for them to be competitive with the other two Eldar.

The factions are fully decided and set in stone. There is no use debating this or even creating a post about it.

We should re-direct efforts towards discussing faction balance.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.