Community update - December 6th
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

We've released the first Pre-Order Beta yesterday and we'd like to extend a huge thanks to all of you already leading fleets in the dark and cold space of Warhammer 40K!

We know that some of you have encountered server issues in the first hours and the team has worked all night on fixing them. Today should be smoother already. We'll keep monitoring that.

Please keep in mind that this is an actual Beta and the main focus of this test session is to gather your feedback about the game.

We know that balancing is not there yet but that's a topic that has to be tested on a large scale, hence the need for this Beta. You can absolutely expect updates and tweaks based on your feedback about balancing in the next Beta.

Don't forget to read our Quick Start Guide if you feel a bit lost in the Beta. And please post your feedback in the Steam forum and official forum. We're closely reading them to prepare the next patches!

Have fun,
Tindalos Interactive and Focus Home Interactive

last edited by Netheos

Hey.
So i have a issue with the game. When i run the game it coms to the point, where i have to agree to beta terms and it shuts down? I have uninstall and installes it again, but still the same.

Regards
MCB

@mcbdk

technical issue - I have the same. No luck with playing it

I'm having the same issue

Hi im still getting fatal error report ive searched for the file above
C:\Usersyourusername\AppData\Local\BattlefleetGothic2. No luck also ive uninstalled and reinstaled the game but
No luck again please help this is extremly frustrating.

same for me - "Fatal error" ... only thing that has got he game going was troubleshooter mode for the exe, then run it as a "test run" with the troubleshooter.
once I implement the "new" settings from the troubleshooter, the game crashes at the "disclaimer" window before the main menu

Community Manager

Hi all,

Would it be possible for each of you to provide your crash dumps, as well as your DXDiags?

You can upload these to WeTransfer, and your crash dumps can be found in: Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\BattlefleetGothic2\Saved

Except for the constant departures from the game, I have a few questions about the gameplay:

1. whether to evolve the captains of individual ships, as it was in 1 part of the game?
  2. If not, what is the point of departure of ships in warp? If the ships captains do not grow in level, and their meaning is thus "saved"?
  3. will there be a rating battle as in the 1 part, when the increase in the level gave the opportunity to hire new ships and fight in larger-scale battles? Or will the fight always be only 1200 points 1 on 1 and 600 in 2 on 2?
  4. Will there be missions like in the first part, when the fighting was not only in killing all of the enemy fleet or capture points, but in the wire transport or killing the flagship.
    Thank you in advance for your answers.

@qub

1. Wait for the campaign.
  2. In MP and Skirmish battles, warping out ships reduces the amount of cap points you lose compared to hulking or destruction. For the campaign it should be obvious.
  3. I don't know
  4. I think the devs said there will be a few more mission variants but as most people disliked the other game modes massively and they were very difficult to balance (ever played data recovery with IN against Eldar?) there will be far less variants than in the first game.
last edited by Hjalfnar_HGV

@Hjalfnar_HGV

Data retrieval was the bane of my pitiful existence.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.