Battle Progression in Skirmish and forcing players into Ranked

@ashram said in Battle Progression in Skirmish and forcing players into Ranked:

Well, I just tried to activate "Offline Mode" by going offline on Steam, turns out that didn't work. The game loaded as normal despite me being logged off Friends & Chat and half the skills and upgrades were locked.

I don't know if it helps, but I know when I actually yanked my internet entirely it did the trick for me. Maybe that's what you have to do as well?

Just don't reconnect to the internet after loading the game. It will reconnect once you've played a single game. It might even reconnect if you go back and forth between menus.

As it is, it forces people to play PvP if they want to unlock anything permanently. It forces players to play the game in ways they do not want to.

I really like many of the aspects of BFG:A2, like the new races, and the battle mode, but I despise this bit of it.

I think in matched your matched up against equal players with sort of equal ranks. I never felt beeing on a dissadvantage in any of my mp games. It's not "ranked" of LoL yet. Just play and have fun all the players are as noob as you so no worries. The sooner you start the better for you. I think they need the stats for balance and in full version it will be different.

@imptastic Still, even if it worked. How can I invite my friends to play 2vs2 against the AI if I am Offline?

@sahneyoghurt I have been matched as a bronze player against players of much higher rank, also, players with higher levels (and thus, access to unlocked abilities)

I registered here to add my voice to what others are saying about progression. Progression should not be locked behind ranked. If people want to progress by playing Skirmish vs AI that should also be a valid method. My friends are not competitive gamers, and this will keep them away from this game's multiplayer. Please reconsider this current implementation.

Ideally, you should also be able to disable progression entirely in a lobby and that would unlock all admiral actives/passives for competitive players that don't want to grind (but that also don't want portrait rewards). This would be good for tournaments.

@imptastic Still, even if it worked. How can I invite my friends to play 2vs2 against the AI if I am Offline?

You can't. It's basically a temporary unlock for local skirmish only.

Hey guys, is there a way to invite a freind as an opponent? I’m not so great with this new interface, so I can’t tell.

@nemesor-xanxas There is, you have to go to your friend list in steam and invite them to the game. However you cannot play ranked 1v1, you can only play skirmish 1v1 when you are with a friend (or Ranked 2v2, or Skirmish 2v2 vs the AI)

@nemesor-xanxas There is, you have to go to your friend list in steam and invite them to the game. However you cannot play ranked 1v1, you can only play skirmish 1v1 when you are with a friend (or Ranked 2v2, or Skirmish 2v2 vs the AI)

Thank you! Also, is there a way to bring up a ships stats and condition in game? I’m having trouble telling which weapons are broken and also how some work when using new ships.

@nemesor-xanxas on the lower left area of the screen you can see the ship name, click on the button with the arrow pointing up, that will spread a sheet with all the stats of the ship, also on the right area of the "maneuver" menu (next to the full ahead button) you can see the current situation of the ship on the fly

This needs to go, Let people Level up in skirmish vs Ai.

Day 15 of release, I decide to play my first MP game. My oppenent is an imp player. His Battleship MWJ out of the way/into a great postition. I think after ive lost this game "wow that was cool im going to play imp so i can do that".

Guess what.

I cant.

LOCKING GAME SKILLS BEHIND MP ONLY LEVELS WILL SEPARATE YOUR PLAYERBASE.

one of the biggest gripes with BFGA1 was that someone who has been playing MP will have In-game advantages over someone just starting to play Mp. it was Dirty, it sucked. and it was the reason i didnt play MP unless it was a comp stomp or i was feeling particularly Masochistic.

Offline mode does not work for me in the Beta. so i cant even SEE the skills i might possibly "want" to be forced to unlock.

And please dont feed me the "overwhelming the player" line. thats PR crap. The Devs wanted a Progression system in the game because when you unlock something you feel like your achieving something. the downside is, these are Skills. Not Cosmetics only.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.