Crash after Unreal Engine shows

Hello. After the unreal engine logo shows up on my screen while loading the game, the screen goes blank for a minute and then crashes. I have been unable to play today despite 5 attempts, but yesterday it worked on the second attempt.

same for me - "Fatl error" ... only thing that has got he game going was troubleshooter mode for the exe, then run it as a "test run" with the troubleshooter.
once I implement the "new" settings from the troubleshooter, the game crashes at the "disclaimer" window before the main menu

MIne only chrashes when I try to play a game.. it then locks and I cannot use the toolbar or joblist to shut it down meaning I have to restart my computer.

i've had crashes after playing for an hour. Happens a bit randomly but since i've restarted my pc and updating my drivers and not had one since. Also fixed a low fps issue i had. Im not that tech savvy so maybe its a memory leak issue?

@bloodlust said in Crash after Unreal Engine shows:

i've had crashes after playing for an hour. Happens a bit randomly but since i've restarted my pc and updating my drivers and not had one since. Also fixed a low fps issue i had. Im not that tech savvy so maybe its a memory leak issue?

They mentioned there are memory issues, any idea how to fix those if that is the case?

Update: After reinstalling a couple times I managed to get to the disclaimer before it crashed, but after two times of that it went back to the usual black screen crash. This kind of reminds me of whatever made loading in the first game take longer than the average human lifetime....

sorry to hear that. the way i fixed it was updating my drivers then restarting my pc. the only other thong i could think of is veridying data on steam

@bloodlust said in Crash after Unreal Engine shows:

sorry to hear that. the way i fixed it was updating my drivers then restarting my pc. the only other thong i could think of is veridying data on steam

Yeah I tried that too, didn't work. Hopefully it gets fixed by the next beta/launch. I'll see if I can get a friend to let me use his.

Just asking, how much RAM do you guys have and do you happen to run other stuff on secondary monitors?

@hjalfnar_hgv said in Crash after Unreal Engine shows:

Just asking, how much RAM do you guys have and do you happen to run other stuff on secondary monitors?

I am away from home right now but while I don’t recall the amount I have exactly it’s 8+ram and nothing else is running.

Ok, during the closed beta I noticed the game does not like for example browsers to run while you start up the game. Afterwards it is totally fine.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.